Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple Company • Page 545

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Transparency on the AirPod Pros is willlllddddd. So nice for walking around the city and being able to hear stuff.

I love how small these look/feel in the ears too. They feel much more secure with the rubber tips. Sound quality is excellent.

cryates and Christian Romero like this.
  2. Woah. Kinda love the message reading feature. That’s very handy. Also can’t get over the small size. These are my favorite headphones I’ve ever used after three hours. They’re everything I’ve ever wanted :crylaugh:

cryates likes this.
  3. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Well the airpods themselves work but the charging case does not. I’d say I’d just buy a new charging case but also it seems before this the left AirPod would die out way faster than the right one. Probably better off buying a new set but I wouldn’t be able to afford that for a few months as I’m currently in the process of trying to buy a house

4. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

How will future episodes roll out on ATV+? Will three episodes be released per week for shows like The Morning Show and See?

5. I think only one per week on Friday? That’s what I thought I read.

justin. likes this.
  6. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

That's a lot more manageable on weekends.

8. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

For All Mankind pilot was really, really good.

sean_rugy likes this.
  9. mescalineeyes

I wanna dance to me Prestigious

I mean I can't speak for See yet but so far all these shows are down-right incredible.

10. GBlades

Trusted

I liked See, haven't seen any of the others but this was interesting concept. The visuals were great but there's just something about the acting that irks me. Hopefully it picks up a little more.

mescalineeyes likes this.
  11. SeeTheLights

Trusted Prestigious

I haven’t tried my pair yet, but I still don’t understand the difference between transparency mode and off. Aren’t they the same thing? Both letting sound in?

12. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

They are not the same. ‘Off’ mode is doing absolutely nothing to either cancel noise out, or let sound in. Any sound leaking in during Off mode is natural sound you’ll hear with your ears partially isolated because of the tips. ‘Transparency’ mode is using the mics on the AirPods to actually pick up, and pump the audio in through your headphones so that you can clearly hear the environment around you including voices, traffic, etc. It’s hard to explain, but in practice the two modes are very different.

13. kidwithhelmet

WELCOME THRILLHO Supporter

Piggybacking on this - it works INSANELY well. Takes just a couple times to adjust because your brain can tell the audio isn't "normal," but once you integrate the feature into your daily routine you won't be able to adjust without it.

I work in an office in a team of 4 where we're constantly collaborating. My last 2 years with AirPods I was leaving one in and one out so I could listen to music but still take part in conversation. But with the Pro's and Transparency mode, I can leave both in at all times (until charge).

Battery life is literally the only issue I have with these, and its manageable.

Jason Tate and 333 GANG like this.
  14. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

The Morning Show? Also very good. Apple TV+ Killed their launch series choices.

15. PatRFinley

Early Onset Grump LFGM Supporter

I watched all of The Morning Show and For All Mankind this weekend and now I’m mad that I have to wait til Friday for more. Apple knocked it out of the park as far as I’m concerned

333 GANG likes this.
  16. 333 GANG

ACAB

Apple TV+ in January

17. Jason Tate Nov 4, 2019
    (Last edited: Nov 4, 2019)
    After a weekend with the AirPod Pros:

I bought the first generation of AirPods back in 2017 and fell in love almost immediately. The ease of use and freeing sensation of having no cord attached to my pocket led them to become the most used, and most adored, pair of headphones I’d ever owned. From running errands, to cooking dinner, these became a staple of my everyday carry. With the release of the AirPods Pro, I decided to pick up two pairs for Hannah and I as an early wedding gift. I didn’t think I’d be saying this, but they’ve been improved in virtually every single way. They’re now, without a doubt, my favorite pair of headphones I’ve ever owned. It starts with the new smaller footprint. I never thought the original AirPods felt “big,” but the new ones feel like nothing in my ears. You combine this with the more snug fit from having the rubberized tips, and they feel perfectly secure walking around town or working out in the gym. The sound is improved, partially by having a better seal in the ear, and they offer a nice, fairly neutral, experience for music. The bass is pretty close to what I prefer, not too heavy. I usually like a little more high-end in the treble, but it’s surprisingly steady. If I want more clarity, I have more expensive cans I can turn to, but for most moments when I want to listen to music, or more often, a podcast, these are downright perfect and sound better than expected. (I tested the sound mostly using My Chemical Romance’s Danger Days.) The noise canceling is a nice feature, but one I don’t often find myself needing. I’m sure there will be times in noisy coffee shops or other places where I’ll find it useful, but most of the time I find it overkill, and actually a little unsettling. I’ll probably be using them most often while in Transparency Mode. This mode lets in, and slightly amplifies, just enough sound so that it feels like you have nothing in your ears, while still being able to hear whatever you’re playing. It’s perfect for when you’re in the city and want to make sure you can hear your surroundings. Or when your significant other starts talking to you while you’re listening to something around the house. It’s such a game changing feature that I don’t know if I could go back to any buds that don’t have it as an option.

I’ve had no issues with the new interaction model of squeezing the AirPod stem instead of using taps. The small “click” sound is comforting and it only took a few hours to retrain my muscle memory. The only thing I’m still not used to is the actual way you put the AirPods back in their case. It’s reversed from what I’m used to and I still mess it up. I am also a fan of the new features that came with the second generation AirPods but I hadn’t used yet, such as the always on “Hey Siri” access. It’s is surprisingly handy. Also, the new feature where you can have Siri read messages to you when they come in and immediately respond is something I didn’t know I’d want until I used it for the first time.

I have more expensive and better sounding headphones around the house. And, there are times when that’s what I am looking for and want; however, the ease of use and convenience of having a pair of wireless buds in a tiny case in my pocket is more than worth that trade-off. I already knew I loved AirPods, but adding noise cancelation, transparency mode, and a new smaller footprint has more than exceeded my expectations. This is the future I’ve been dreaming of ever since the opening scene of the underrated romantic comedy Definitely, Maybe.

Battery life has been almost exactly as advertised. The slightly larger carrying case feels negligible in my hand or pocket. The latency of connecting to and controlling the AirPods seems dramatically improved from the first generation. The cost is, well, an issue. They’re expensive and due to their size and physics will not hold the same battery charge forever. For most people, I’d recommend these if you really want noise cancelation, really prefer a rubber tip fit in your ear, and are attracted to the smaller design.

18. [​IMG]

disambigujason likes this.
  19. Sorry. Had to do it y’all. I was averaging 8 hours of screen time last week. I’m embarrassed but I got used to screen time when I used it as a new feature. I unfortunately thought I’d trained myself and no longer needed it. Oops.
    FA48ECC1-3CB4-4CF0-92A7-BAAC0FDA61FD.png

Jason Tate likes this.
  20. IMG_5656.jpeg

21. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

While I didn't initially plan to pick up the Airpods Pro on Friday, I don't regret doing so. Sound is pretty solid, pretty comfortable to wear for long periods, and even does a pretty good job while riding BART--not quite as good as my over-the-ear Sennheiser headphones, but pretty damn close.

disambigujason and 333 GANG like this.
  22. Jason Tate likes this.
  23. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Shakriel and Jason Tate like this.
  24. tyler2tall

Trusted Supporter

I don’t need AirPods pro. I don’t need AirPods pro. I don’t need AirPods pro.

25. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

Me every day

David Parke likes this.