Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple Company • Page 535

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

no. the newsroom sucked so hard and this somehow looks like a worse version of that. i will speak my mind!

jciswhatis likes this.
  2. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

I know the Newsroom sucked. I accept that. (I still enjoy it but that's more of a Sorkin homerism thing than anything else.) But god damn it, Joshua Molina needs a job. Lemme have Sports Night back.

3. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

did you ever fix this? I can’t figure it out.

4. Ryan G

Moderator Moderator

Nope, sadly

5. Cmoney86

Trusted

Beta 3 for 13.2 is out

6. Apple the only company in the world that can do security right

7. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Samsung is fixing it in a software patch (still no excuse), and I'm not sure I see the negative of the face unlock working with your eyes shut - that doesn't necessarily mean it's insecure. Too early to say.

EDIT

Ah, just read the second article, didn't even think about someone trying to unlock while you're asleep. Good point

8. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Thing is too, it can’t be THAT hard to include eye open requirements. Seems like a massive misstep that could have been avoided quite easily.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  9. 333 GANG

ACAB

Not only that, but someone could mug you, take your phone and point it at your face, and run off with it. Obviously that situation would be a rare occurrence, but why take the chance, right? Not good.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  10. Counter point - no one is stealing a pixel 4 lol

11. RyanPm40

Yeah I totally agree, these are great points. Luckily the phone is still in prerelease and should be a quick software patch, but something they should have caught ahead of time

333 GANG likes this.
  12. 333 GANG

ACAB

13. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

a coworker thought it was weird that i paid less for my iPhone 11 vs his Pixel 4

jorbjorb, cryates and RyanPm40 like this.
  14. RyanPm40

This is one of the reasons why I'm now really hesitant on the Pixel 4 as an Android user myself

I was really excited to switch to a stock Google experience, so I've held onto my S8 a lot longer than I normally would have, but the price is high, low storage options (only 64GB or 128GB), and lack of widescreen camera in 2019 might be deal breakers for me.

I wish I could get a combo of a bunch of different phones into one lol. I like a lot of iPhone, Samsung, and Pixel features.

zigbigwig likes this.
  15. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

My Airpods have started to always randomly disconnect. Really annoying.

16. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

17. mescalineeyes

just admit that I'm the fantasy Prestigious

Also I need that new MacBook Pro. These taxes aren’t going to write off themselves.

Mr. Serotonin and bobsheiskawy like this.
  18. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

mescalineeyes likes this.
  19. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

disambigujason likes this.
  20. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Yeah my 1st gen AirPods will probably need to be replaced soon and I was considering the new ones but I may just end up going with the second gen that has the wireless charging case. $260 is a little too much for me at the moment.

21. mescalineeyes

just admit that I'm the fantasy Prestigious

22. bobsheiskawy

is it the same for you? Prestigious

I've been looking to upgrade my 2012 MacBook Pro for like 3 years and I would prefer them to announce this new model A$AP so I can finally pull the trigger.

23. PatRFinley

Early Onset Grump LFGM Supporter

Yeah I know I just had to delete the pre-order (or whatever it’s called) and re add the album, but thanks Apple

like I literally just did this on my Mac 2 minutes before getting the notification...

3EC79FAA-300A-49F8-B806-68D68B12E032.jpeg

24. Iain

Regular

I am intrigued. I am typing that $260 dollar is steep. But who am i kidding? These will be purchased immediately. I love my airpods.

Im sure everyone who has airpods will come accross a load of people who say 'id never buy them as i would loose them'. Conversation killa.

pauljgreco likes this.
  25. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

power beats are better