Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple Company • Page 534

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. 333 GANG

ACAB

Yup, night mode has been absolutely fantastic for me.

2. Zoshchenko

Trusted Supporter

Battery and night mode are so so so good. Last was on charge 24 hours ago, taken off at 85%. Right now my battery is at 45%

mescalineeyes likes this.
  3. jciswhatis

Ugh, I hate America. Supporter

They took out iphone syncing from Music but apparently that couldn't free up enough room to keep column browser as an option...

4. Apple Launches In-House Studio With 'Band of Brothers'/'The Pacific' Follow-Up
    The tech giant has handed out a nine-episode order for Masters of the Air, the follow-up drama to HBO's limited series Band of Brothers and The Pacific. Additionally, Apple is officially launching its own internal studio, making the series the first that it will own in-house. Apple's Worldwide Video heads Zack Van Amburg and Jamie Erlicht will also oversee the unnamed studio in a move that brings them back to their roots as head of Sony Pictures TV.

Sources say HBO released the series — focused on historian Donald L. Miller's nonfiction book Masters of the Air: America’s Bomber Boys Who Fought the Air War Against Nazi Germany — ages ago and before WarnerMedia became its new corporate parent. The decision, sources say, was based on the price tag for the series, which is said to clock in at an estimated $250 million. Also a factor was the fact that DVD sales were largely responsible for turning pricey awards winners The Pacific and Brothers into financial hits. With the DVD market imploding amid the explosion of streaming, sources say HBO opted to dedicate those resources elsewhere. (The cabler has continued to be an aggressive buyer amid the arms race for top talent, stars and packages.)

kidwithhelmet, Paddy and Brent like this.
  5. ncarrab Oct 15, 2019
    (Last edited: Oct 15, 2019)
    ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

This is sort of driving me crazy...my iPhone just updated to the new iOS automatically over night and for whatever reason, when my wife texts me, her contact information is showing her maiden name and not our last night (and both names in lower case - ugh) but when I go to edit the contact information, it's correct.

How in the world is this happening? And how do I change this?

6. mescalineeyes

just admit that I'm the fantasy Prestigious

she's "sharing her real name with you" you can edit that in Settings -> iMessage

cool wife brag btw

cryates likes this.
  7. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Didn't know if Apple was updating my phone or serving me divorce papers...

So I go to Settings and just see Messages (not iMessage) and don't really see any options to change it.

Brent likes this.
  8. mescalineeyes

just admit that I'm the fantasy Prestigious

oh sorry, just open up Messages, click on the "..." on the top right and tap "edit name and photo"

you can even turn it off entirely which is what I did.

9. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Apple paid $300 million for their morning show thing. That's craaaaaaazy

10. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

especially since it looks bad. but those actors are expensiiiiiive.

Brent and ECV like this.
  11. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I must be dumb. I only see an option to change my name/photo. I also don't see how to turn it off.

12. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I figured it out...when I went to edit her information in contacts, all the way at the bottom there was a 'linked contacts' option and i deleted those and it went back to normal. Weird, because she's the only one who's contact information changed in my text messages.

13. It’s because she probably has her name set on her phone that way. Check how she’s sharing info via the way above and that’ll probably show what her display name is.

14. ncarrab Oct 15, 2019
    (Last edited: Oct 15, 2019)
    ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Her Apple ID/Main Settings/Contact info are set as her current name (unless we're missing something here...).

15. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Also she checked with a few friends who she texts with regularly and her name is appearing correctly for them.

I don't know...like I said, I was able to fix it by deleting the 'Linked Contacts' but still really bizarre.

16. zigbigwig likes this.
  17. New Beats Solos: News and Events
    The new headphones, which retail for $299, feature Apple’s H1 chip that also powers the second-generation AirPods and Powerbeats Pro. The H1 chip enables hands-free ‘Hey Siri’ commands and the ability to share audio with someone using the Audio Sharing feature that Apple debuted with iOS and iPadOS 13. The headphones also have volume, track, and call controls on the right ear cup and a button for turning noise cancellation and their Transparency feature on and off on the left ear cup.

18. I’d be down to get these. But I also want to see a more AirPods branded over ear headphones :shrug:

19. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Those look slick, I’d be tempted if I hadn’t somewhat recently gotten solo 3’s. Though regardless I’d wait for price to come down.

20. dorfmac

Trusted

honestly, might want to take down the pics highlighting your wife’s name/maiden name. I know we are all cool, but who knows who else is out there on the internet.

cryates and zigbigwig like this.
  21. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Good looking out. Didn’t even think about it considering so many people on here either use their actual name and/or link their social media accounts which reveal real names but I deleted them.

Now if we can convince Jason to change his username.

22. Morning Show looks bad but unfortunately for me I am obligated to follow Reese through good times and bad

Brent likes this.
  23. what makes it look so bad? I think it'll be interesting at the very least

mescalineeyes likes this.
  24. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

it’s just a trailer, for sure, but it seems like someone trying way too hard to jack Sorkin when a) they aren’t as good as sorkin and b) sorkin himself isn’t someone i really want more content from in 2019/2020

25. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Bite your tongue and let me dream of a Sports Night re-boot. I've done nothing but support king Giannis, let me have this.

Brent and phaynes12 like this.