Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple Company • Page 533

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Jdfleming89

RIP ETID Supporter

I’ve downloaded the updates so far... no change

2. SeeTheLights

Trusted Prestigious

How many people use the iCloud photo upload thing so that it keeps the full size version in the cloud? I just started using it to save space but hate the thought of not having the full size version with a phone like the 11 pro max for camera quality. Is there a huge difference between the cloud version and full res version?

pauljgreco likes this.
  3. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

When needed it will just download it. You'll see the little spinner at the bottom of the picture when it's downloading it. I haven't had any issue with it. I always go for the 64GB phone because I don't use much space, and searching through pictures or sending them is never an issue really.

4. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

Also, speaking of photos, I wish there was an option to disable auto playing videos on iOS 13. I like that it plays live photos automatically, but I'd rather videos not auto play, and the only option is to enable or disable both.

5. Zoshchenko

Trusted Supporter

preferably 10 feet lol. seems like no one is really doing lightning to usb-c yet

apple has a 6 foot one but too much money

6. Yeah you’d probably need a usb extension first for that.

Zoshchenko likes this.
  7. SeeTheLights

Trusted Prestigious

just to clarify because I might be stupid, but what do you mean by when needed it will just download it?

pauljgreco likes this.
  8. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

iPhone 11 Charger, Anker USB C to Lightning Cable [6ft Apple Mfi Certified] Powerline+ II Nylon Braided Cable for iPhone 11/Pro/Max/X/XS/XR/XS Max/8/Plus, Supports Power Delivery https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JJ45RNR/?tag=absolutepunk-20
    not 10 feet but probably cheaper than the Apple one?

Zoshchenko likes this.
  9. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

10. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

Okay so let's say you want to view a picture. You scroll through thumbnails and see the one you want to view. When you view it full screen, you'll see the spinner downloading it from iCloud at the bottom. So you'll have a lower res version on the phone but if you've got Photos enabled to use LTE (or no matter what if you're on WiFi,) it will just automatically grab the full res version from iCloud for you.
    I hope that made sense!

11. SeeTheLights

Trusted Prestigious

okay, I think that makes sense. So that only happens when you are low on space? Because I’ve only used 17 of 64 gbs. But when I clicked on optimize storage it saved a bunch of space. But when I go to a photo, it doesn’t load or spin like you say. So I think I have the hi res

12. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

Yeah it saves recent ones for me. I've got like 40/64GB of space used on mine. I think it keeps some and puts some in iCloud depending. Honestly never even think about it being on

13. not to be overdramatic but Catalina sucks right now - sheesh apple get your software QC together

jciswhatis likes this.
  14. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Anyone running iOS13 on a 6s? I’m afraid of updating as usual

15. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

Yes. Works well so far! The initial update seemed to fuck with my battery but subsequent patches have fixed that issue.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  16. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

My battery is below 80% health anyway. Thanks!

LightWithoutHeat likes this.
  17. Zoshchenko

Trusted Supporter

New phone’s speakers seem so much better than my old 8 plus

18. mescalineeyes

I wanna dance to me Prestigious

what problems are you having? My first gen TouchBar MacBook Pro is rockin' with Catalina on it.

19. Zoshchenko

Trusted Supporter

Catalina has been fine for me but I only browse the web and play ootp

PatRFinley likes this.
  20. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

As far as I know it still breaks Vagrant VM folder syncing which is a non-starter for me. There are workarounds but I can't afford to be down for any amount of time at the moment.

21. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

I don’t do much with my Mac that isn’t Lightroom, Safari or media apps based, so its working just fine for me. Safari actually seems snappier. And I’m in the minority of folks who really like the catalyst Twitter app apparently.

mescalineeyes likes this.
  22. mescalineeyes

I wanna dance to me Prestigious

Logic works, all my plugins, hardware, controllers work, Sketch and Office work, my mouse cursor doesn’t disappear and the steering wheel doesn’t whiff out of the window when I’m driving.

23. shea

RIP Supporter

not terribly impressed with the new apple music app or whatever on MacOS so far.

jciswhatis likes this.
  24. Soooooooo Catalina breaks compatibility with uBlock Origin. Does anyone here have a good rec for a content blocker that works with Safari 13?

25. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Night mode never ceases to amaze me. Can’t wait until I can get some city shots at night with this.

David Parke likes this.