Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple Company • Page 532

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

think i'm about to go pick up an Apple Watch. I've been debating for months now, might as well get it now and get used to it before my marathon in a few weeks.

Sean Murphy, Jason Tate and Daniel182 like this.
  2. I was so excited about this until I actually read the compatibility requirements and saw that my 5th gen iPad won't support it.

3. macbethfan

Trusted Supporter

Same here except it's my Mac that's too old. It's a 2013 Retina MBP. The cutoff is 2016 MBP's. :verysad:

4. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

My 2011 MacBook is stuck on High Sierra. :tear:

Brent likes this.
  5. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

I have a 2015 MBP :(

6. Zoshchenko

Trusted Supporter

What’s the deal with all the handwringing around iPhone 11 screens scratching? Much to do about nothing?

I’ve never had a screen protector, wondering if I finally should?

7. 333 GANG

ACAB

Ordered an iPhone 11, being delivered tomorrow. Can’t wait to get my hands on it.

Zoshchenko likes this.
  8. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

May just finally cave in and buy a new iMac tomorrow... I can get a 27" for $1600 w/o tax on base and that's been tempting me lately... I think 7 years is a good time with the current one.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  9. jciswhatis

Ugh, I hate America. Supporter

What are you guys thoughts on Catalina and the new phone iOS so far? I'm noticing some little things I'm not crazy about so far. Phone seems to do weird stalls that it didn't do before. I know that new OS can not work great on older phones but I have an XS so it's not like I'm using an ancient device. Not having the column browser in iTunes (Music) is super frustrating as well.

10. Zoshchenko

Trusted Supporter

Wondering if anyone can help or let me know if this isn’t possible.

I love being able to sync browsing history and open tabs across devices, but I don’t like having my favorites/bookmarks synced. On my iPhone, I never want to click the mlb or reddit favorites since I have apps for those, however, on my MBP they’re super useful to have in the favorites bar. But they take up space on my phone and I accidentally click them and I hate it. Essentially, on my phone and iPad, I only need the favorites for chorus, fangraphs, and baseball-reference. Everything else has an app.

Is there a way to not sync favorites or have different favorites on different devices? Full slate on my MBP but just what I need for safari for iOS?

I hope this makes sense

Also, my phone is out for delivery and I keep checking the delivery tracker hoping the driver takes a turn in my direction

11. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

jorbjorb and Anthony Brooks like this.
  12. I am pretty sure Safari is just an all or noting bucket in iCloud. Putting the less used on mobile ones in a folder may help organize it better? Still have the dropdown on desktop, but all in just one folder on mobile may be less tapped.

Zoshchenko likes this.
  13. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Hahaha geez

Christian Romero likes this.
  14. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

give me - mine are on their last legs. I had to replace one of them and the difference in how loud they each get is noticeable, especially on the subway.

15. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

Yeah screw it, if they release new airpods soon I'm grabbing them. Was going to treat myself for being back to school and completing my first term back but decided to not, but if they release them soon I'm doing it. Mine last 30-45 min tops now.

16. Zoshchenko

Trusted Supporter

I’m going to try this. Thank you for the suggestion!

17. SeeTheLights

Trusted Prestigious

I really hope the design doesn’t change or if at all not much. I went from hating to loving these ones

18. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Found a refurb 2019 27-inch iMac 3.0 6-core i5 for $1376 (instead of $1799 new) w/ mil discount, so... new iMac it is.

pauljgreco and Sean Murphy like this.
  19. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

new apple product day is always the best day

Shakriel likes this.
  20. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

So my wife’s watch won’t pair with her new phone. Or maybe the issue is with the phone? She reset it because it wasn’t syncing with her 11 pro max. Now when she opens the watch app all it says is to connect to WiFi/cellular to update. Then it checks for updates but never gets past that. Looks like we are going to the Apple store soon

21. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I wish the Apple watch could pair with a Android phone (but obviously understand why it doesn't)

I'm not ready to leave Android, but my Galaxy watch is shitting the bucket after 2 years and I'm always hearing battery life complaints on Android watches.

I want the best of both worlds dammit!

22. Zoshchenko

Trusted Supporter

Setting up my new phone!!

333 GANG and Jason Tate like this.
  23. Zoshchenko

Trusted Supporter

Any good, long lightning to usb c cables?

24. How long? My favorite cables are from MOS, but amazon has cheap ones that are good.

Lightning Cables

25. Jdfleming89

RIP ETID Supporter

Anybody having problems after downloading IOS 13, audio files in the files app not playing over Bluetooth in my car? Frustrating as hell...