Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple Company • Page 515

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. I'll just make it a Fear the Deer style.
    Screen Shot 2019-09-16 at 8.03.49 PM.png

2. TheBaroness

a burst and I'm awake now Supporter

Jason Tate and LightWithoutHeat like this.
  3. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

I’ve got a chance to get an iPad Pro 11 with pencil for 750, seems like good value. I’ve got an older pro 9.7 that still works beautifully aside from an aging battery and I think the speakers are getting a bit tinny, so I’m trying to justify the upgrade. Anyone with a new pro have anything they liked or disliked more than they thought they would or any other strong thoughts either way? I mostly would just like the slightly larger screen size so I’d considered a used 10.5 as well.

4. Ya I’ve been on it for a while on my 2012 MBPr. Runs great save for logic X crashes a lot. Otherwise nothing to complain about!

5. mescalineeyes

ASHAMED (OF BEING BORN) Prestigious

can you bounce? I couldn't bounce with the last version. it was maddening.

6. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

7. mescalineeyes

despite appearing like a modest upgrade this looks like a home run

8. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Yep, I've been reading a handful of the reviews this morning and this might be the most positive media reaction to an iPhone ever. I'm guessing it's mostly driven by the camera being a huge step up.

mescalineeyes likes this.
  9. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

v excited for my pro max.

10. mescalineeyes

had 0 hype when I bought mine now I'm just like BRING IT ON FRIDAY

11. im on a cracked 10.3.1 so it could be that too but no issues bouncing. Crashes when I try to do anything with midi instruments.

12. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Any chance of their being any Black Friday deals on the new new iPhones? Haven't bought a new one in a long time so I'm out of the loop. Wondering if it's worth waiting or if I should just go ahead and get a new phone in the next few weeks.

13. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Maybe some store gift cards with purchase. New iPhones aren't typically part of sales.

SmithBerryCrunch likes this.
  14. Syre Dream

Regular

anyones phone ship yet?

15. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Got tracking for both mine, but not through Apple. The shipment automatically popped up in my UPS My Choice thing. As of now, they are still sitting in China.

16. phaynes12

picking mine up in store

17. cryates Sep 17, 2019
    (Last edited: Sep 17, 2019)
    cryates

Trusted Prestigious

If you have a tripod or you can prop your iPhone 11 up dead still, Night Mode will even let you take long exposures of up to 28 seconds, which can bring out almost every detail of star and skyline.
    Holy shit. This is a really, really big deal.

18. phaynes12

love to take pictures of stars like a fuckin dork

mescalineeyes, cryates and Jason Tate like this.
  19. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

There's nothing I love shooting more than fireworks. And I love to experiment with different exposure lengths. Kind of wish they gave you manual control to 28s in the day shots as well but I'm sure we will see that in the future with some clever software processing.

David Parke likes this.
  20. God damn these reviews about the camera and night mode, specifically, have me extremely excited.

21. Callum Macleod

Do or do not, there is no try.

My constant back and forth on Space Grey or Midnight Green has finally ended after seeing some proper photos of the MG. Going with that, think it looks amazing. I'm now waiting until Oct for an IUP reservation when I originally had the 20th for MG Pick Up.. no idea why I kept cancelling the reservation opposed to waiting to see them. Oh well, I'm dumb.

22. 333 GANG

ACAB

A bunch of YouTubers (MKBHD, iJustine, UrAvgConsumer, etc) have put up videos unboxing the midnight green models, if anyone still wants a better look at the color.

23. mescalineeyes

I feel stupid having ordered the space grey now.

24. Callum Macleod

Do or do not, there is no try.

I wish I had just stuck with my gut, I’d be getting that MG on Friday instead of October haha.

mescalineeyes likes this.
  25. mescalineeyes

Oh well at least no more fucking white iPhone what a bad choice 2 years in a row I’m so monumentally stupid.