Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple Company • Page 513

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. mescalineeyes

I wanna dance to me Prestigious

selling your old phone then upgrading is about 50% cheaper, I think Apple's upgrade program requires you to send the previous phone back? (correct me if I'm wrong)

2. kielhauck

itsalldead.com @kielhauck

With the upgrade plan, you do have to give the previous phone back, but if you exchange every year, you would only pay 50% of the total price of the phone each year. Comparatively, if I trade my phone back to Apple and buy the new one, I'm paying...50% of the total price of the new phone. So that's where I feel like it's the same difference.

3. mescalineeyes

Oh no I meant sell it after market. You can get 200 dollars‘ish more for it.

kielhauck likes this.
  4. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

I'm buying outright starting this year. I'd rather own it from day one than lease it, just a personal preference. That way I can sell it next year for more money than what I'd essentially get by trading it in. Plus going with the $699 option is an easier pill to swallow.

jorbjorb likes this.
  5. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

I do that too @cryates. I have a bunch of medical/student debt anway so I really try to avoid taking on more monthly payments. I can survive with the 8 until I can afford to pay for it all the way.

6. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Sorry for the extremely NOOB question. I wanna pre order the 11 for my girlfriend today. I have NO idea what her carrier is. If I pre order the unlocked/without a sim she should be able to take that to her carrier and just put her current sim or get one from them super easy right?

7. mescalineeyes

she has an actual sim card? yes.

8. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

I mean yeah I assume whatever is in her current iPhone SE (bleh) but I’m very tech ignorant unfortunately haha

9. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

She ever send you a screenshot of anything? Maybe a good way to see her screen with the carrier info without blowing your cover.

David Parke and DrAlanGrant like this.
  10. mescalineeyes

there's this CDMA thing in the US that doesn't have a sim card I think haha

DrAlanGrant likes this.
  11. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Y’all are beautiful human beings and your help is greatly appreciated.

mescalineeyes and jorbjorb like this.
  12. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

After seriously considering going down to the 11 or 11 pro, I stuck with the Max. Don’t know why.

mescalineeyes likes this.
  13. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

Ended up going with what I setup last night, the 256 Pro Max, rose gold.

Almost also purchased a new watch, but my current one is working just fine.

dylan likes this.
  14. Callum Macleod

Do or do not, there is no try.

Went with the Midnight Green, 64GB. Never used to come close to the 128GB, so 256GB would be mad. I have a strong feeling that I’m going to wish I went Space Grey, or at least that’s been the case the 2-3 times I’ve gone White/Silver.

Think I’ll upgrade my S1 Watch to an S5. Anybody use the 40mm Leather Straps? How are they? Fancy something a bit nicer than the standard Sports Loop.

15. Yup that’s the move - I do that every year haha

I think I’m leaning towards space gray now

16. The leather is amazing

callumnmacleod likes this.
  17. Shakriel

Not sure what to do about a case this time around. I've been using the tech21 one the last few times since I went space grey and the case is fairly minimal and has done a good job of protecting my iPhones. But now that I'm getting a different color, the clearish black color isn't ideal; might get the new Apple clear case.

18. TheBaroness

a burst and I'm awake now Supporter

11 Pro 256 in midnight green and a clear case reserved. Seems like delivery times pushed out pretty quickly in the US but in Australia there’s still launch day delivery on every model available. I don’t think I’ve ever seen an iPhone launch sell so slowly but the media have widely been reporting that ‘the new iPhone will cost you $2000’ (albeit only the Pro Max 256gb and 512gb) so maybe that’s put people off. Anyway, I’m expecting a pretty chill experience when I walk in to pick mine up next Friday.

19. lol yay

ABCD8888-9AA7-4B6A-9E42-6174D87CD82D.jpeg

20. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

The woooorst. I got my case yesterday and didn’t even take it out of the shipping box. I’m going to Baltimore next weekend and it’s going to be so fun taking pics with that sweet sweet ultra-wide lens.

Jason Tate and 333 GANG like this.
  21. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

[​IMG]

22. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

I have the XR clear case fwiw, and love it. It’s a good mix between a hardshell material and a soft gel-like material. Just have to be careful taking it on/off because the material can crack, specifically in those bottom corners. I learned the hard way on my first one. Second one has held up remarkably well.

23. Still trying to decide on a case - just think that camera bump will be so bothersome that’ll I want one this time

24. Shakriel

How is it when holding? I've never felt close to losing hold of the tech21 case even when being kind of lose with my grip. I appreciate you responding! Little worried about the cracking aspect, but then I rarely take cases off.

25. 333 GANG

ACAB

I think I’ll go with a RhinoShield SolidSuit Case for my 11. They make fantastic products.