Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple Company • Page 511

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

sprint is doing "priority preorder" or something this year so if you have them and their app, you can pre select which phone you want and you have until sunday to confirm and they're saying they'll guaranteeing those for launch day. I'm on the iUP program with them so im gonna go ahead and get the 11 pro

deadwrong likes this.
  2. SeeTheLights

Trusted Prestigious

Honestly thinking of just going to the 11 pro. I have the XS Max, but wouldn’t mind just paying 2 dollars a month more for a smaller phone and more storage.

Really the only big difference is the battery and screen size right?

3. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

4. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Okay, Solar Dial is my new favorite watch face. So cool. The new Nike Hybrid face is pretty cool too for the Nike+ models.

5. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

All this new iPhone talk and all I can think about is buying a new iPad I know I can't afford right now for school so I can finally ditch my MacBook
    :verysad:

Jason Tate likes this.
  6. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Sorry if this has been covered but are there any benefits or downsides to choosing Apple’s upgrade program vs the carrier’s (Verizon) program aside from obvious ones like price and ac+ being included?

If I go with Apple’s program do my payments go through similar to my iCloud reoccurring payment?

7. blast0rama

Internet human. Supporter

Damn, I am hyped for Apple Arcade.

8. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I’ll try the free month trial to see if I gain interest in any of the games. I spend most of my short gaming hours on Switch so time may just not allow me to get that far into Apple Arcade.

9. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

I tried to get pre-approved through the app before tomorrow and I get like 90% through but when it goes to confirm my carrier it says there's an issue with verizon and gives me a number to call. Ugh, I don't want to call verizon

10. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Give me all of the dark modes!

David Parke and LightWithoutHeat like this.
  11. Zoshchenko

Trusted Supporter

I hope Arcade has some super easy/mindless sports games

Jason Tate likes this.
  12. dylan

FYI sprint is doing 50% series 5 cellular watches if you have a plan with them. $11/month for the watch + $10/month data plan

13. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Christian Romero likes this.
  14. Damn. I'm excited.

15. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

I honestly think Arcade will be a hit on an Apple TV with one of the many controllers they're supporting.

16. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

If I'm venturing into my first Apple Watch, should I go with the newly discounted Series 3? Is Series 4 discontinued?

Is it worth getting the cellular version vs the GPS version if my iPhone is pretty much always near me? Can you still iMessage with the GPS only version if its paired to your iPhone? Apologies for potentially dumb questions.

Note: I will most likely be buying one of the iPhone 11 models as I'm currently on a 6S still. So not sure if I wanna spend the extra few hundred on the Series 5 as well, unless it's really really worth it over the 3.

17. dylan

S3 is at a really, really good price for $199 and it'll get OS5. Unless you want the bigger and better screen, the S3 is hard to pass up at that price imo. I've always had the GPS version and it's been fine. You can still receive and send/record iMessage, stream music, receive calls, etc when your phone is in range. the Cellular can do all that without requiring your phone to be in range.

SmithBerryCrunch likes this.
  18. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Thanks! I think I'm definitely leaning towards the Series 3 GPS version then because I haven't worn a watch in many years so I think I'd rather start with the cheaper model to see if I want to invest more in the future on one.

19. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

I’m interested in trying out Apple Arcade but I really hope they add support for the Nintendo Pro Controller. I don’t have a PS4 or Xbox so I wouldn’t want to buy a separate controller for it.

20. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

Partly contemplating upgrading, but not sure I should, haha.

21. Shakriel

Did the preapproval stuff for a 256 Pro Max and will make a final decision after sleeping on it.

22. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

i thought it goes live at 5PT?

23. Shakriel

24. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

right. that's 9 1/2 hours from now haha.

25. Shakriel

12 hours and change.