Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple Company • Page 510

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Strange, but, the 11 Pro is listed as having better battery life than the 11. The XR was battery king last year, so I wonder what they are banking on being such a huge difference for the Pro line. OLED in dark mode?

upload_2019-9-10_21-17-26.png

2. Added one hour to 11, and 5 to the pro. So they did something impressive. Maybe no 3D Touch gave more room for battery.

David Parke likes this.
  3. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, in theory all three will last all day for sure now. Between the midnight green and the increased battery life, the 5.8" size is looking more tempting.

4. TheBaroness

a burst and I'm awake now Supporter

Isn’t it that removing the 3D Touch engine from the Pro allowed them to put in a bigger battery, ala the XR?

5. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

i've had larger phones before with the 6 and 8. just haven't the last two years with my X. ready to go back, baby

333 GANG likes this.
  6. That was what I thought I remembered too, but I’m not certain. It seems plausible and I am definitely ok with that trade off.

7. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

upload_2019-9-10_21-26-41.png

There has to be more to it, because the 11 has the same chip.

8. Pretty cool shit.

9. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Okay, so the 11 Pro weighs more than the XS, which points to bigger battery.

10. TheBaroness

a burst and I'm awake now Supporter

Pretty sure I read it in one of Kuo’s updates. Definitely happy to sacrifice 3D Touch for more battery, I do actually use peek and pop quite a lot but I think haptic touch does basically the same thing slightly less elegantly so no big deal.

David Parke and Jason Tate like this.
  11. Mort Michaels

Father, Son, and House of Gucci

Sticking with my XS. Just don't see it. Excited for the new watchOS, though.

12. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

My iPhone 11 case will be delivered tomorrow. Wtf.

Jason Tate likes this.
  13. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

I ordered the Series 5 watch earlier today. Upgrading from a Series 2, so I'm pretty excited.

David Parke likes this.
  14. Mine is coming Friday. :crylaugh:

15. man - going naked is the way to go haha

16. David Parke and Drew Beringer like this.
  17. love how that sweet sweet glass feels in my fingers haha

Jason Tate likes this.
  18. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

I'm still perfectly happy with my X, so I don't think I'll update this year either.

19. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

lol at all the people commenting that their Huawei P30 Pro has a better camera. Yeeeeeaah have fun with your private information getting stolen!

"IPhones are way too expensive, I'll stay with Galaxy" Yeah but Galaxy flagships are pretty much the same price or even more expensive.

20. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

anyone who ever tells you to go caseless has clearly never dropped their phone. bless you all.

JamesMichael, 333 GANG and pauljgreco like this.
  21. Gnarly Charlie

Good guy, but a bad dude

I just dropped 800 on this XR in may. I didn’t take it out of the box until the case arrived. No goddamn way.

333 GANG and phaynes12 like this.
  22. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Ordered a watch s5. Dunno if I regret spending that much on one yet.

My X case broke about a month ago and I’ve been going without a case since then. Risky fuckin business since I’m so clumsy.

phaynes12 likes this.
  23. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

I’ve never ordered a new iPhone at launch. So if I pre-order Friday and it launches the 20th will I have it within a few days or are there usually delays/am I better off tryna get it in a store?

I have a big trip the 27th so I wouldn’t want it delivered while I’m away/would love to have it before.

24. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

If you preorder through Apple on the 13th, you have a very good chance of getting it on the 20th for launch day. It has never failed for me.

Just need to be quick when preorders go live.

25. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Remember too that you can "favorite" your configuration ahead of time for quick access when pre-orders go live.

Jason Tate and dylan like this.