Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple Company • Page 495

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. F6B27E2E-03BB-4A92-B76C-95106B4DFB7C.jpeg

Bet those are the new XR colors

2. 333 GANG

ACAB

For sure. Gurman said lavender and green are replacing blue and coral, but maybe just coral judging by that logo.

jorbjorb likes this.
  3. 333 GANG

ACAB

Wouldn’t be surprised if the invite logo is also teasing the return of the rainbow Apple logo that had been rumoured recently.

4. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Gimme the purple

5. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

Candy coloured see through MacBooks confirmed

David Parke likes this.
  6. SeeTheLights Aug 29, 2019
    (Last edited: Aug 29, 2019)
    SeeTheLights

Trusted Prestigious

And they are going to be see through ala iMac G3 and game boy color

7. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Would be pretty cool

8. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Colored and transparent phones are too 1999.

Christian Romero likes this.
  9. If we got this I would buy a new phone immediately for sure.

David Parke likes this.
  10. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

are the XRs good? still have an X but i’m gonna grab one of the new announcements

11. 333 GANG

ACAB

It’s a solid phone. The screens aren’t quite as good not being OLED panels, but the battery life is better. Last year’s model’s camera was hampered a bit only having one lense and not being capable of true portrait mode, but this year’s will have a dual camera setup so that will no longer be a drawback.

This is probably nitpicking, but the bezels also strand out to me more being a bit thicker after using an X/XS.

ZooZooChaCha likes this.
  12. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Been wanting to upgrade my phone, might as well wait for the new XR

13. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I always thought the multi-colored logo captured a unique part of the identity of the company compared to the dull white/chrome/black logos.

14. phaynes12

this isn't going to be the only phone announced, right? doesn't sound up my alley.

15. 333 GANG

ACAB

Nope. There will be three devices announced, a 5.8” OLED device, a 6.5” OLED, and the aforementioned 6.1” LCD. Successors to the iPhone XS, XS Max, and XR.

phaynes12 likes this.
  16. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

The XR is a great device, and while it has shortcomings vs the XS on paper, it's dollar-for-dollar a better value of the three flagships. I will die on this hill.

17. 333 GANG

ACAB

I won’t argue that the XR is most definitely a better device value-wise, but with dark mode incoming, I can’t pass up upgrading to an OLED device for those sweet, true blacks.

18. phaynes12

the three cameras seems tight

333 GANG likes this.
  19. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

20. TheBaroness

a burst and I'm awake now Supporter

Definitely trading my XS Max in for a smaller phone this time around, a fuchsia XR would seriously tempt me if it happens...

pauljgreco likes this.
  21. morgantayler Sep 2, 2019
    (Last edited: Sep 2, 2019)
    morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Well I may not have to get a new watch after all. Apple just announced a new repair program for Series 2 and 3 watches.

22. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

Yup - I really thought I’d get buyers remorse with the XR and wish I had opted for the XS Max, but I really haven’t cared. It does everything I need it to do and the only time I get a little envy of the XS Max is when I see that screen in stores side-by-side with the XR.

I may go with the more expensive model in 2020, but I’m sure the carriers will be doing some can’t turn it down deal again with the cheaper model (that’s what ultimately got me to the XR, the $15 a month with Sprint deal).

23. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Literally no reason to upgrade this year. 2020 is where it's at.

24. 333 GANG

ACAB

If you have an X, XS, or XR, I’d agree, but this will still be a huge leap for anyone coming from a 7, 8, and so on. I personally will be upgrading this year and am very much looking forward to it.

25. I expect a good jump (low light camera) from even an X. I’m on that cycle, so I’ll probably do it.

David Parke likes this.