Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple Company • Page 494

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

Strange how the Apple Card has assigned my United flight as food instead of travel. There’s no way to change that right?

jorbjorb likes this.
  2. have you tried eating the plane?

3. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

I did but it was a bit tough. Needed some sort of marinade

David Parke and 333 GANG like this.
  4. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

Apple Music letting you know a song is already in a playlist in iOS13 is so simple but so good.

5. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

man my powerbeats pro have shit the bed after like a month and a half. one of the two either doesn't charge and has a dead battery or that side of the charging pod is malfunctioned. dumb.

6. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, I’ve been having a lot of charge/connection issues with mine. They were fantastic at first but became terribly inconsistent. Went back to using my AirPods all the time.

7. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

I've noticed the same thing happening to mine. Now I make sure I hear the "click" of the buds hitting the pins and when I get into the car to drive to the gym I double check to make sure they're connected so if they weren't, by the time I get there they'll at least have the 15 fast charge during the drive

8. phaynes12

mine are definitely connected. hear the click and it "snaps" into the down position. just won't charge.

9. sean_rugy

my "u" key is about to go. it's very squishy.

10. Tom

It's way too late, or much too early Prestigious

I haven’t had any trouble with my Powerbeats Pros. Been using them since the beginning of July every Monday thru Friday on the train and when I run. Definitely saddened to hear people having problems with them. Now I’m hoping mine won’t shit the bed.

11. Unsolicited product recommendation - I went with the Jabra Elite Active buds instead of the Powerbeats Pro. Had them since December, haven't had battery/charging issues and the noise isolation is fantastic. They're also cheaper, I think I paid like $170?

12. phaynes12

hoping they’ll replace them at the apple store

13. sean_rugy

I don’t know any of the artists on my New Music Playlist but they are perfect for my roof right now.

14. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

About the last feature I still relied on iTunes for, really happy it is finally making its way over to iOS.

sean_rugy likes this.
  15. TheBaroness

a burst and I'm awake now Supporter

12” iPad Pro + iPadOS + PS4 remote play + DualShock controller + Persona 5 + my bed = :hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes:

ECV, sean_rugy, JamesMichael and 5 others like this.
  16. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

this is relevant to my interests.

17. Dark Noise Review: Ambient Noise Never Looked So Good - MacStories
    An ambient noise app’s most important job is providing a variety of sounds that can evoke a soothing sense of calm, and offer environment control. The App Store is full of apps that accomplish this purpose, and a new one’s being added to that roster today: Dark Noise, from developer and designer Charlie Chapman.

One chief advantage of Dark Noise over its competition is that out of the gate it’s the best of iOS citizens. Nearly every relevant iOS technology that Apple puts at developers’ disposal has been implemented in Dark Noise: Siri shortcuts, haptic feedback, alternate app icons, a customizable widget, an iPad version with Split View support, and more. I’ve never used an ambient noise app with such strong system integrations.

This looks nice.

jorbjorb and Christian Romero like this.
  18. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Living. The. Dream. ( ! )

Gotta love Persona 5.

TheBaroness likes this.
  19. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

So they released iOS 13.1 beta today. That's unexpected.

20. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

Quick privacy settings question - how would YouTube know what I am listening to on Apple Music? I just went on a random Beatles binge out of nowhere (well actuallly due to having Nowhere Man stuck in my head) on Apple Music on my iPad - no searching online, just Apple Music.

Pop open YouTube a little bit later and the first thing on my recommended feed is a bunch of Beatles videos.

21. lol I thought the same thing after the last episode

pauljgreco and Christian Romero like this.
  22. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

I saw the title of the chapter for that part of the show and immediately knew I couldn’t do it, haha

23. Hahaha, you probably chose wisely. John makes fun of him about it at the end and that made it worth it a little though.

24. Improving Siri’s privacy protections
    At Apple, we believe privacy is a fundamental human right. We design our products to protect users’ personal data, and we are constantly working to strengthen those protections. This is true for our services as well. Our goal with Siri, the pioneering intelligent assistant, is to provide the best experience for our customers while vigilantly protecting their privacy.

We know that customers have been concerned by recent reports of people listening to audio Siri recordings as part of our Siri quality evaluation process — which we call grading. We heard their concerns, immediately suspended human grading of Siri requests and began a thorough review of our practices and policies. We’ve decided to make some changes to Siri as a result.

Good stuff here from what I can see. Owned up to the mistake.

25. Glad to see the change. This is what it should have been from the start. But it’s nice to see them own up to the mistake and set an example.