Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple Company • Page 491

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. 333 GANG

ACAB

No interest in a foldable phone unless something can really sell me on the idea of why I need one.

2. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

folding is gonna lose me

Drew Beringer likes this.
  3. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

If I could have the same exact phone I have now but it just folds in half, cool
    But it'll be twice as expensive, twice as easy to break, and probably still not as good as the phone I currently have
    The technology behind folding phones is so cool, but I an't see a practical use for it at that price or risk of breaking. Although I'm sure I said the same thing about touchscreen phones forever ago and now look where we are.

Christian Romero likes this.
  4. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

foldable phones have already been a thing and theyve always broken why even go down this path again lol

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  5. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

[​IMG]

6. Using Google apps in Safari in iPadOS 13 is amazing. I just hate how google does text selection in docs and wish I could turn it off.

pauljgreco likes this.
  7. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

whoa. if you pull up the lyrics on Apple Music and it's karaoke style you can tap on the various lyrics and it'll either rewind or fast forward to that part of the song.

8. CarPlay in iOS 13: A Big Leap Forward – MacStories
    When my lease was up earlier this year, CarPlay support was at the top of the list of must-have features when we began looking for a new car. We wound up leasing a Nissan Altima, which has a faster entertainment system, larger touchscreen, and better hardware button support for navigating CarPlay’s UI. The hardware differences took a system I already loved to a new level by reducing past friction and frustrations even though the underlying software hadn’t changed.

Just a few weeks after we brought the Altima home though, Apple announced that it would update CarPlay with the release of iOS 13 this fall. In a jam-packed keynote, CarPlay got very little stage time, but I was immediately intrigued by the scope of the announcement. CarPlay hasn’t changed much since it was introduced in 2014, but with iOS 13, iPhone users can look forward to not only significant improvements in its design, but a new app and other features that make this the biggest leap forward for CarPlay to date.
    Great look at new CarPlay.

Christian Romero and justin. like this.
  9. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I never though I would say this but the update to CarPlay might be my most anticipated for the fall.

I may spend too much time in my car as well.

10. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

I can say the Carplay updates are really great.

justin. and Jason Tate like this.
  11. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

That Dashboard looks really cool in the new CarPlay. I’ll be switching back to Apple maps most likely.

justin. likes this.
  12. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

My friends and family members all use Google maps and think Apple maps will lead them to the wrong destination. I’ve used Apple maps since it was released in 2012 and have only had one issue with it (which was about a year after its release).

13. rxbandit89

probably over-caffeinated. Supporter

Alright, so I got the email from Apple saying "Hey you should totally try the public beta of iOS and MacOS. Come JOIN US."

And I'll tell ya I was going to hold off because I was feeling fine with waiting this year but, well, can't argue with the logic of the email.

Now I have to decide whether I'm going to use the iPad Pro at the office to get a taste of iPad OS...

David Parke and dylan like this.
  14. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

If you truly rely on the iPad to get actual work done, then I would hold off. The latest build is more stable, but still full of quirks.

Christian Romero and rxbandit89 like this.
  15. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

this new carplay is fucking sleek

16. SeeTheLights

Trusted Prestigious

Updated to the beta on my phone

no ragrats

David Parke and pauljgreco like this.
  17. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

18. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Just out of curiosity which Apple products were all of you exposed to first and did that product get your attention?

I remember my parents had a 90s Mac desktop (from pictures I think it was an LC 575 or 580) around 96. I grew up on windows due to my school and didn’t get into Apple until my first iPod (shuffle) in 04.

19. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

My first Apple product was the 6th gen iPod in like 2007. My first Mac product was the 2009 beautiful white MacBook. I loved that machine, and I wish I still had it just for nostalgia reasons.

20. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

idk if they count but i used those colorful macintosh computers all through elementary school haha but ipod photo was my first actual foray into what is now the apple universe in like 2005 - got my first MBP in 2009, first iphone in 2011

21. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

iPod mini for me in middle school. Didn’t really have much exposure to other Apple products until I got an iPhone and MacBook in college.

22. I was first exposed to Apple with the original iPod! But the thing that got me hooked was when I got my first iPhone, the 5S. Then got hooked onto everything else.

23. Played with a neighbor's mac in the 90s and hated it. Got a hand-me-down luxe-type iMac in like 2002/2003 and fell IN LOVE. I bought my first windows machine since then just a couple years ago for budget and workflow reasons.
    we're literally about to get either a MBA or iPad Pro to replace my wife's white 2009 macbook. If you want it, shipping and a coffee and it's yours! It is missing a key (thanks to our 3 year old) and the plastic case has a slight crack in it which makes the screen wobble a bit but it's structurally intact and reliable (just slow with an old HDD/SSD hybrid drive in it).