Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple Company • Page 485

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

iOS 7 was the last beta I did as well, and it scared me off from any future betas.

2. mescalineeyes

I wanna dance to me Prestigious

iOS 7 was also the worst beta ever by far lol

pauljgreco and Daniel182 like this.
  3. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

One of my developers foolishly loaded Catalina on his work machine and it completely broke syncing between local and virtual machine directories. Had to completely restore his machine back to Mojave to get it working again.

No more betas on work computers.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  4. mescalineeyes

the only reason I am posting right now is because of all the shit I'm installing in the background to roll back from Catalina :crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh:

I never learn

LightWithoutHeat likes this.
  5. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

I don’t want to Switch to Android but given what I actually use the phone for, how much they now cost and how long I will be able to use it before Apple basically bricks it (my 4S was just fine until they more or less broke it), I probably should switch to one of those 300€ Samsung phones

6. mescalineeyes

didn't Nokia just release a really good line of budget phones here in Europe?
    If all else fails the Moto X line is nice.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  7. The most recent iOS updates have made older phones faster and last longer tho

8. mescalineeyes

the 4s capped out at 9.3.5 lol

9. The Lucky Moose

No idea I just saw some of those b-tiers samsung models and thought they look decent

10. The Lucky Moose

Yeah but 9 made them borderline useless right from the start. It always takes me a year now to update phones because they scared me off.

11. The Lucky Moose

Even, if I’m being honest with myself, they’re too expensive now for how I use them. That’s just ne though. I can however imagine that I’m not the only one. That being said I think my next phone will be an iPhone anyway.

12. mescalineeyes

well the last 2 updates have been legitimately incredible.

my advice is get yourself an iPhone 8, I just bought one for my gf for 500 euros and she LOVES it.

(the gold one obvs. it's gorgeous)

13. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

Very much so. I still have a 6s that works fine and plan on having it at least another year. At that point I'll look at getting an X if they are reasonable.

No way I'm gonna pay all that paper money for a brand new phone.

14. The Lucky Moose

Yeah my 6S is fine too except for the battery

15. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

How is Apple Music and (if you have an Apple Watch) holding up? Those are the two main things I wouldn’t want to be buggy as I use them heavily throughout each day. If I couldn’t have my entire music library or sync my watch with my phone I would have an issue .

16. mescalineeyes

Apple Music is fine if not better, Apple Watch I didn't upgrade because that is supposed to be a train wreck but it plays perfectly with ios13

17. Still waiting on my pager

cryates likes this.
  18. TheBaroness Jul 19, 2019
    (Last edited: Jul 19, 2019)
    TheBaroness

a burst and I'm awake now Supporter

All my friends have now switch to Android because of the Samsung Galaxy S10 - the common reason for the switch is ‘I was bored of Apple/iOS, it’s looked the same for the last 5 years. I want to be excited about a new phone’. The Galaxy S10 is a beautiful piece of hardware and has a lot of novelty features which draw people in, even though they never end up using them. They are happy to drop $1200+ on a phone, but if they’re going to do that they want something new and exciting, and the current iPhone just doesn’t seem to be generating that excitement for a lot of people. Yeah, iOS is elegant and works really well but Android is mostly stable enough to work reliably well day to day and has the lure of the new. In many ways, iOS’s simplicity actually works against it now for a lot of people - and that cohort of people is no longer just IT workers who want to tinker with their phone, it’s getting much broader than that.

In Australia at least, it now seems like most of the people who’ve stuck with Apple are boomers and those who are a bit tech-phobic, people under 40 definitely are moving more towards Android. When you’d go to an Apple store at the mall they used to be literally overflowing with people, now they seem half-empty. I think Apple’s going to need to pull out something pretty exciting in the next couple of years if they want to draw people back to the brand - a lot of people are tired of seeing the same old stuff and have switched off.

I tend to feel, rightly or wrongly, that Apple have become a bit too USA-centric in their brand positioning. They’re so dominant in the US still with what they’re doing that it’s maybe colouring their perception of markets elsewhere. Australia is a small market and no one gives a shit about it and that’s fine, but we’re basically part of Asia now and so we follow Asian culture and consumer trends increasingly more than those of the US and it’s a demographic that is growing bored of and disinterested in what Apple is offering. And all their advertising/marketing is so bland and pedestrian and indistinguishable from past campaigns that it’s becoming white noise (pun intended), I don’t think anyone even notices it anymore. If Apple’s goal is to simply maintain their dominance in the US then fine, but if they want to keep growing in other markets and, more critically, arrest their decline in those markets, they’re going to need to make a few changes because what they’re doing now ain’t working, and the issues run much deeper than simply ‘their phones are more expensive’. It’s a big challenge though, because what sells phones - tech features, marketing etc - en masse in middle America is probably very different and perhaps incompatible with what sells phones in Asian markets, and vice-versa.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  19. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

When adding albums on Apple Music, does it ever separate tracks on the album into two different album?

I just added the new Lovedrug b-sides album and for some reason it keeps splitting the tracks up and I’m not sure how to go around it.

868C5FB9-57EF-47C8-8BF0-941B801571F7.png 92070125-8F91-4BE7-929F-FCF804359D1D.png 709638D0-C1F1-4B41-AE2D-E673BE4E6F75.png

20. mescalineeyes

Try fixing it in iTunes if you have access to such a thing.

(Get info i think)

21. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

I’m not sure if this has been brought up yet, but I’m extremely curious what fans on here think of the highly rumoured ‘square’ camera design for iPhones 2019 model?

I’m hearing a lot of negativity across the board here with many high industry experts saying to wait till 2020 for the full screen redesign.

22. mescalineeyes

The 2020 thing is true.
    As for the square camera, I don’t think it’ll be that big of a deal, especially if you get the black one. The worthiness of the trade-off will be in seeing how the actual photos look

23. The Lucky Moose

That sucks because I planned to upgrade this year for a variety of reasons

24. The Lucky Moose

A question about something different: a big part of my old music collection is trapped on an old 2010 iMac that might die soon, but my MacBook Pro doesn’t have a big enough hard drive. What to do?

Also can the disc drives they (used to?) sell for MacBooks burn CDs? My girlfriend has one of those from 2011.

25. rxbandit89

probably over-caffeinated. Supporter

Yes, that disc drive will work.

When you say that iMac is about to die, what do you mean? You have plenty of options, but my recommendation would depend on the condition of the iMac, how you use it to manage your music, and how particular you are about how your music is organized and synced.