Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple Company • Page 484

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. mescalineeyes

I wanna dance to me Prestigious

Get an LED light strip to ease her in. It rocks.

David Parke likes this.
  2. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

hmmm Instagram won’t open on my iPhone using iOS13. it’s probably for the best right now anyway.

jorbjorb and David Parke like this.
  3. same. fine with me. haha

On another note, I found an old G4 MacMini (powerPC) in my office today and wondered if I could use it as a plex server. Only PATA HDDs and 1GB max RAM held me back from tinkering any further. I got a $171 little windows box for Prime day that'll do. If I was able to find a good working copy of Plex Media Server for PowerPC I would have kept trying. I DID get it booted. It was running Tiger! haha.

jorbjorb likes this.
  4. ReginaPhilange Jul 16, 2019
    (Last edited: Jul 17, 2019)
    ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

Finally upgraded my macbook pro. was well overdue for an upgrade - I had a late 2012 before. Got the 15'' i9 one and it's a huge upgrade for me. the touchbar is actually useful in xcode but other than that more of a novelty - at least it's pretty.

some sidneote thoughts - the touchbar is (or should) be aimed at professional development software where navigating through a few menus of options would be the alternative that's more time intensive. As a smart "command" bar, it works very well, eg. knowing the kind of common operations you'll be doing in a certain scenario and accommodating for that rather than having you go through the half a dozen or so clicks to accomplish that. Having an adatable bar to your needs is _probably_ the end goal. at least if should be.

Mahoney, jorbjorb and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  5. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

I bought the same one.

Jacob and jorbjorb like this.
  6. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

It’s great, Xcode simulators on it decided to stop detecting when the internet reconnects so now one of my client’s projects where I have to implement offline sync is 10x harder to test. I love new features

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  7. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

I can test on my phone eventually I just didn’t realize I need a different cable when I got it

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  8. mescalineeyes

Beta 4 time.

9. cryates Jul 17, 2019
    (Last edited: Jul 17, 2019)
    cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Beta 4 seems really stable on iPad thus far.

Edit: Reading my SD Card in Files is still suuuuuper sketchy though. It’s either buggy software, or the adapter is trash.

10. mescalineeyes

so I updated to Catalina and I have to say...

Safari, quite snappy.

David Parke likes this.
  11. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

My 7s phone is slowly dying today and won't recognize headphone plugins or my charger. Fuck.

12. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

13. Well, if a trade-in survey says so

David Parke likes this.
  14. mescalineeyes

Imagine switching to android lol

15. 333 GANG

ACAB

Never in a million fucking years lol

16. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I don’t want to imagine that but I am surprised with the number of people at my university that have already switched or plan on their current iPhone being their last.

17. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Imagine thinking that a smartphone choice shouldn't be more about user preference than brand loyalty :shrug:

Android phones and iPhones both have their pros and cons. They each do things the other doesn't, so it just depends on what you want your phone to be able to to.

Tired of the iOS vs Android arguing. I love my Apple TV and MacBook. I prefer Android for phones, while being able to admit that Apple still makes quality iOS products.

18. mescalineeyes

They probably just want attention for their spicy hottake

19. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

It’s just disappointing when our conversations start becoming green instead of blue

pauljgreco likes this.
  20. mescalineeyes

I found a good alternative is just to stop talking to them. (or in all seriousness FB Messenger is gorgeous)

justin. likes this.
  21. cryates Jul 19, 2019
    (Last edited: Jul 19, 2019)
    cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Who cares...? I could certainly list out reasons why being in the Apple ecosystem of products is both easier and more secure, but I couldn’t care less about what the next person chooses to use.

22. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Thanks to dark mode which I’m anticipating for iMessage.

23. mescalineeyes

why not get the beta? running it on all my devices.

24. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

The last beta I went for was iOS 7 and am not as risky anymore. I’ll just wait for the September release. Are you currently using dark mode?

25. mescalineeyes

yes. it rocks. honestly just do it, the first few betas were jack but it's good now.