Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple Company • Page 483

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. oh I'm sure they are working furiously on a new keyboard but they need to get that right this time and it's something that can't be rushed

Christian Romero likes this.
  2. mescalineeyes

just admit that I'm the fantasy Prestigious

yeah but they've been taking the PR hit (not sure about sales but MacBooks have been in decline for like a decade now) and been swallowing the costs for the recall for four years.

Does it really take that long to create a new industrial design for a keyboard?

3. I have no fucking idea how long it takes. haha

4. mescalineeyes

this is arguably worse than when Samsung tried to ship those folding phones, because people actually give a shit about the MacBooks.

Like on the one hand I'm genuinely baffled to think that Apple could be doubling down on this keyboard for 4 years, and on the other hand, maybe they're really not seeing the failure rates that we think they are.

5. I'm sure the failure rates aren't as high as some online reports BUT considering the last keyboard had basically zero failure rate it's a big deal. And like I said - Apple has tweaked the butterfly keyboard 3 different times so they know it's not also achieving the expectation customers have for the machine.

mescalineeyes likes this.
  6. mescalineeyes

I mean yeah, it's definitely not zero now.

What if Kuo's source got the rumor slightly wrong and they'll be using an updated MacBook again to roll out the keyboard, seeing how the current one was discontinued.

7. I severely doubt the MacBook is coming back

8. mescalineeyes

RIP little buddy. I've owned 2. So good.

9. Either way, the biggest reason I hope for a new MacBook keyboard is so I don’t have to hear every podcast complain about the butterfly keyboard again haha

10. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

I never owned one but that MacBook just always seemed slightly too small for me when I've tried it in store, but it seems like a lot of people liked it. RIP MacBook Adorable.

11. mescalineeyes

Jony Ive at the MacBook brainstorm-meeting:

A keyboard, that does-a-not-a type all a-the keys that you're a-pressing!

TOO SMALL!

*dabs*

No space for ports!

12. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

I’ve been having the strangest problem with my MacBook over the last couple of days

When I open the lid without the charger connected, the screen stays black and unresponsive

Once I plug the charger in, the keyboard will be responsive but the screen will stay black.

If I hold down the power button to force a shutdown, it stays unresponsive. I have to hold the option, control and shift keys while pressing the power button to force it to restart and then the screen and computer will start acting normally

Has anyone ever seen or heard of anything like this? Incredibly frustrating issue to have and the appointments available at the Genius Bar are terrible times over the next couple of days

13. mescalineeyes

Try doing a PRAM/VRAM reset. A quick google search should be able to get you sorted.

David Parke likes this.
  14. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Anyone got an Apple TV 4th gen they wanna sell?

15. mescalineeyes

The swipe keyboard on iPad is some next level shit

I might be faster on this than with a regular keyboard

Christian Romero likes this.
  16. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

I want an iPad for games, reading, YouTube, doodling, and FaceTime. I’d like to spend 300 and the closer I can get to 200 the better. Any recommendations?

17. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

18. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

Dammit, can’t install iPadOS on my old ass mini 2

19. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

Daniel182 likes this.
  20. EntryLevelTank

Anyone got those smart plugs? If i plug an A/C into it can i turn it off and on remotely?

21. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I don't have one but I assume you can turn off and on anything plugged into it

22. mescalineeyes

Yes. Does your A/C retain settings when you plug it out and back in again?

23. EntryLevelTank

Not sure. I'm moving there in a month so i can't test yet. I guess that's the important thing to find out though. I wasn't sure what questions to be asking the complex.

24. mescalineeyes

If you can suss that out your plan should work

25. EntryLevelTank

Sick. I know that's the trick to finally get my gf on board with the smart house.