Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple Company • Page 481

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Liking this iOS 13 beta. Definitely less buggy than a lot of betas in the past. Keyboard is a little weird, though.

3. Indicator definitely needs to have more to it. This is my biggest struggle with the iPad so far haha

JamesMichael and Jason Tate like this.
  4. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

5. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

6. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

AAPL taking a big hit today

7. I finally got my mouse to work on my iPad and it’s pretty rad! There’s definitely some things I wish were different (why can’t you scroll through a webpage like you can a Mac?) but it’s very cool!

8. cryates Jul 9, 2019
    (Last edited: Jul 9, 2019)
    cryates

Trusted Prestigious

9. cryates and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  10. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

The MacBook Pro entry-level looks like a really, really good deal. In reality, there's nothing that should entice someone to buy the $1,799 MacBook Pro anymore. I'm curious to see if the Air gets the Touch Bar/ID option at some point.

Though in all honesty, I think the credibility of the MacBook line is broken for now with the keyboard issues. And these new ones being thrown into the repair program from day one doesn't exactly inspire confident purchasing.

11. Won't recommend any laptop until the new keyboards are out. Hope they release that rumored 16" before the end of the year.

12. mescalineeyes

ASHAMED (OF BEING BORN) Prestigious

The keyboards are fine.

Clearly that “new keyboard on MacBook Air refresh” isn’t happening anytime soon

13. macbethfan

Trusted Supporter

Except the current keyboards are not fine. At all. I refuse to pay for a machine that includes what’s essentially a keyboard recall program from day one due to reliability issues stemming for their design choices. It’s pretty much confirmed a new keyboard is coming, and I’m more than fine with waiting however long it takes for Apple to switch back to a keyboard that actually works. My current 2013 MBP is getting old, but at the least the keyboard is still great.:shrug:

Jason Tate likes this.
  14. Yep, I could never recommend to someone a faulty keyboard. Hannah can't be without her computer, she needs it for work almost every single day, if a key stops working and needs to be fixed it would royally fuck us. It's a no buy until the new switches come. Reliability of the input device is paramount. She needs a new computer, we'd spend a lot of money on one right now if one I trusted existed ... it's pretty brutal what these keyboards did to their reputation.

15. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

my M key is on it’s way out and it’s massively frustrating. they are not “fine” for a device that I paid over $1,200 for.

RJ Knorr likes this.
  16. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

I mean if everybody knows there are issues and you even acknowledged them, then don't release new products with the same faulty part.

17. mescalineeyes

No new keyboards are confirmed lol

In fact with the Airs just getting a refresh the lion share of that rumor turned out to be bullshit.

The new keyboards (especially the gen 4) are the best keyboards ever put in a laptop. Miss me with that mushy pre 2015 shit.

18. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Yeah I’m also waiting for the mysterious 16” which is also rumoured m to have the redesigned edge to edge screen a la iPad 2018. Hoping it comes out but I’m expecting it to be at least 4 grand + maxed out (minus the hard drive).

Jason Tate likes this.
  19. You can like the way the keyboard looks and feels. I totally do. But it’s foolish to say its the “best keyboard ever put in a laptop” when there’s a repair program for every butterfly keyboard ever made.

RJ Knorr and macbethfan like this.
  20. mescalineeyes

(having a 4 year warranty on your keyboard only makes them better in my book lol)

the amount of wear and tear my machines get, that is honestly a godsend.

also I just wanna add Apple has a very generous return policy should you for some reason not be happy with the keyboard. I know anecdotal but between me and my extended family we have 8'ish of these new keyboard machines (pros and MacBooks mostly) and nothing ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

21. My fiancé literally cannot do her work without her laptop. Any "warranty" or "repair program" won't make up for that if she has to send her computer in to be fixed multiple times because of a shitty keyboard. A repair program does not take into account lost wages or lost time due to a design flaw.

22. I'd like to see it this year, but I'm worried they're going to push it back until early next year. We know a new keyboard is coming, now it's just in that really annoying spot of waiting.

23. yeah it feels like a 2020 release

Christian Romero likes this.
  24. I might be mistaken but I think a lot of Apple stores are trying very hard to do same day or next day turnarounds on those top cases - but your point still stands absolutely. Even 24-48 hours without a machine for some people is unacceptable.

Christian Romero likes this.