Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple Company • Page 479

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

sounds great. love it so far.

is there any way to share project/goals with other people? it might be not that kind of app, but just in case something like that exists

2. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Desktop safari on iPad changes everything.

3. Zoshchenko

Trusted Supporter

i agree!!!

4. I actually haven’t tried so I’m not sure.

5. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

Holy hell, using a mouse on an iPad is so good.

6. I haven't been able to get my mouse to connect yet :shrug2: I'm excited to try it out soon though.

7. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

I thought at first it was going to be the coolest thing and then I saw the cursor and figured meh, it’ll be okay but that thing is ugly and distracting.
    Now that I’m using it, the cursor is definitely still ugly and distracting but wow it’s such a game changer.
    Hope you’re able to get it to connect at some point!

8. maryp1603

Hey. Supporter

Need some advice! I had a series zero Apple Watch and never used it and it eventually broke. Is the Apple Watch that great for workouts? I go to the gym pretty regularly at this point in my life and I typically do 30-40 minutes of cardio a few times a week. Is the investment in a watch worth it or should I go the Fitbit route to save a few bucks?

9. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

I really can’t get over how good iPadOS is. And it’s just an early, buggy build! Can’t believe I was slightly disappointed by the iPad segment of the keynote.

10. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

Yeah this build is buggy as hell. Glad I don’t have any work I depend on with this or else I may have regretted the beta, but so far so good for what it is!

Jason Tate likes this.
  11. SeeTheLights

Trusted Prestigious

So who has downloaded the beta on their main phone device? It’s taking everything in me not to do it

12. renoinexile

To Be Everywhere Is To Be Nowhere

I did last night, so far so good

13. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

I have zero self control and will be taking time off work so I downloaded the beta to my phone and nothing TOO gnarly has happened. some small bugs here and there.

face ID is insanely fast, Apple Music looks cleaner, and all hail dark mode.

14. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

Ahhh I'm so excited to see how quick FaceID is now

15. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

Currently don't have an adapter to plug my external HD to my iPad to test it, but (I'm assuming probably not) will it be possible to just run my iCloud Music Library from just an external HD and iPad? I don't see anything in settings on iPadOS to set it as your library that uploads to the cloud so I'm assuming that's going to stay a PC thing, but I would love for that not to be the case

Hopefully that made sense/isn't a dumb question

16. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

sean_rugy and Jason Tate like this.
  17. (Jeff Williams definitely gonna be the next CEO whenever Tim retires.)

18. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

I just spit out my drink

19. John Gruber’s take on this announcement is very good.
    Jony Ive Is Leaving Apple
    “I don’t worry that Apple is in trouble because Jony Ive is leaving; I worry that Apple is in trouble because he’s not being replaced.”

David Parke and cryates like this.
  20. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, I read that earlier. His last few lines are absolutely spot on in my opinion. The tech podcasts should be quite interesting within the next week.

Christian Romero likes this.
  21. I’m super excited to listen to five podcasts talk about this haha

macbethfan, David Parke and cryates like this.
  22. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Lol yeah. I listen to Connected, The Talk Show, Vector and sometimes Vergecast.

They will all undoubtedly cover it in depth.

23. Am I poser for only listening to 9to5Mac and maccast?

24. My first impression is that it's a "yet" kinda thing. A trial run before we see anyone move up to c-level leadership.

25. Definitely check out The Talk Show, Accidental Tech Podcast, and Upgrade IMO. Three great ones.