Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple Company • Page 477

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Completely closed out of the app, cleared the cache, went back into the app, still reading with the 0's at the front. Moved the files back to my CPU and the tags read without 0's.

2. At that point I’d probably reach out to the developer on twitter or something.

riotspray likes this.
  3. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I may give that a shot. I'm not incredibly worried about it, since I've found a work around, but it is kind of a pain to have to edit everything from within the app.

4. sean_rugy, pauljgreco and Jason Tate like this.
  5. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

So had my first HomePod crap out on me - randomly starts making a loud, continuous popping sound - sometimes while playing, sometimes when everything is paused.

Unfortunately out of warranty (probably by 4 months or so), so not sure what Apple is going to do for me, but maybe I'll get lucky. Have an appointment at the store on Friday.

Reddit suggested turning off the Hey Siri functionality to fix it, which isn't too big of a deal since this is the one in our bathroom and mostly just airplay podcasts to it anyway, but problem persisted for me.

6. Callum Macleod

Do or do not, there is no try.

Was due to pick this up today and realised this morning that with my Wife's still active student discount meant I could get the 2019 Pro for a couple oh hundred more. (Figured it was worth it for the longevity - my wallet hurts though)

7. Callum Macleod

Might be worth taking it into Apple, if there's no damaged been done to it and it's just out of warranty, they might help out! (My Air Battery went after 4 years but due to UK/EU Laws, they replaced it for free as there was no user error)

David Parke likes this.
  8. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

These iPhone cases from Nimble are pretty cool. Made from 100% recycled plastic and depending on the case you pick a 5% donation goes to various organizations.

Christian Romero and Daniel182 like this.
  9. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

I made the switch over to AM and everything’s been working well so far except this, its splitting the album in half. I know from my past endeavors in iTunes it usually is the ID3 tags are off but this is directly from Apple Music, what’s weirder is when you search for the album it’s all together in the AM database, but once I add it to my library it gets split. Any ideas?
    5EE9BF55-12EB-4AD0-BEA2-D64C7F6DE3A5.jpeg

10. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Same thing happened to me with the same album (except Heavy Sunshine is split too). Changing the album artist in iTunes worked for me for a few days before it reverted back to the split so idk what to do now either. I know in the past they’ve sometimes fixed themselves.

11. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

I'm super new to using Apple Music so this may be a very dumb question, but you can modify the tags in iTunes if you got the album from Apple Music?

I'm coming from Spotify which doesn't let you modify anything from their system so idk lol

12. Yeah, you have to modify the tags in iTunes on a Mac. Make sure the album artist/artist/album title are all the exact same (including capitalization). And if nothing works, change the "Sort" artist to be the same thing.

Drives me crazy when it happens.

disambigujason likes this.
  13. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

This is good to know thanks! I've done this a million times on iTunes in the past just didn't know it worked the same way with AM

14. Olyphantastic

"See you in the car! Best wishes" -Milhouse Supporter

Sometimes (usually when it's just one song that got split off) it's because the "Album is a compilation of songs by various artists" is ticked for some reason. Happened to me with Sigrid and New Found Glory over the weekend, no idea how it happens or why.

pauljgreco likes this.
  15. These look really cool!

Eric Wilson likes this.
  16. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

I really like the black sand one. I’m likely going to upgrade this fall so I’m hoping they’ll come it with these as the new phones release!

Christian Romero likes this.
  17. dorfmac

Trusted

They look sweet, but I can’t go back to spending that kind of money on simple cases after doing the Amazon $5 special for so long

Eric Wilson and disambigujason like this.
  18. Paddy

// _ _ _ _ _ _ _ //

Wow just upgraded from a Series 0 to a Series 4 and I feel like this is the product I thought I was getting the first time.

However I don’t have the cellular one and it still feels a bit hamstrung. Like I wouldn’t leave my house without my iPhone still unless I was just popping to the shop (does Apple Pay work on the GPS only Watch without the iPhone nearby?)

mescalineeyes and pauljgreco like this.
  19. Callum Macleod

Oh man, did not realise how much I needed a new laptop until I upgraded my 2012 Air to the 2019 Pro. Still using the Air for Plex and it feels ancient after a day with this thing, haha!

20. I gotta make the jump to plex one day. I’m still home sharing from iTunes

Jason Tate likes this.
  21. Like an animal! Haha.

Works great if all you do is buy stuff from iTunes. But if you have any kind of external library, Plex is awesome. Especially on the Apple TV.

sean_rugy, macbethfan and David Parke like this.
  22. Lol. I bookmarked your workflow long ago I just gotta dedicate an afternoon to migrating all my stuff

Jason Tate likes this.
  23. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, pretty much got a shoulder shrug and a "sorry man, buy a new one". Kind of disappointed, but so far it's back to be fairly intermittent - disabled "hey Siri", which is rumored to fix it and pretty much use it as an AirPlay target for podcasts.

Will likely list it on eBay for parts and see if I can get anything for it and then just buy a new one. My other two HomePods have been flawless so far (knock on wood).

24. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

How often are playlists that are curated by Apple Music themselves updated? Can't seem to find an answer googling. Not that important just curious

25. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

They'll say in the description of the playlist when you click on it. New Music is fridays, Chill Mix is Sundays, Favorites is Tuesday, Friends is Monday.

Max_123 likes this.