Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple Company • Page 476

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Yeah I'm thinking you're right. Finally timed it just now and took 22 seconds. Not the worst, but still a little annoying

2. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

Yeah that'd be enough to get me to do one. Sucks you'll have to redownload everything but I know I could use a purge of a bunch of apps on mine so maybe not the worst thing!

RyanPm40 likes this.
  3. RyanPm40

Haha same here, I have a bunch of games I downloaded out of curiosity and then never touched again after the initial install ;-p

pauljgreco likes this.
  4. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

One thing I’ve been trying to learn and put into practice lately is keyboard shortcuts for the iPad. It’s incredible once you learn them and make them part of your workflow. According to Rene Ritchie, Apple say that iPadOS and it’s added keyboard shortcuts should keep you from having to even reach for the display at all. That doesn’t exactly sound practical but I’m pretty excited about it. The only thing that’s tough is remembering the different shortcuts between all apps.

Christian Romero likes this.
  5. I only get confused when they’re different between the Mac and iPad. My muscle memory for everything I know on my Mac is too strong and ingrained for life.

6. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, for me it’s mostly when third-party devs use different command shortcuts than what I would otherwise assume they would be. It’s rare, but confuses me nonetheless.

7. The way that Things 3 does keyboard shortcuts on the iPad is phenomenal. I love finding ways to not have to reach out to the screen too many times. Honestly, I just can't wait for my iPad to be able to do 100% of what my MacBook does. It's already about 80% there. Once I can use Google Docs and Sheets on Safari it'll be perfect.

Jason Tate likes this.
  8. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

83D3B54D-8EAA-4670-923E-430DE310927F.png
    The Now Playing screen on Carplay in iOS 13 beta 2 has the album art now.

9. mescalineeyes

ASHAMED (OF BEING BORN) Prestigious

Just a heads up, as far as the iPad goes, beta 2 is still hella rough.

10. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

11. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

CarPlay does look really nice now, but it’ll be a loooong time before I have it, hopefully, as long as my truck holds up like it should.

jorbjorb likes this.
  12. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

13. lol Forbes and their headlines

mescalineeyes and sean_rugy like this.
  14. RyanPm40

Heh now I know why Google "leaked" their Pixel 4 design last week. Identical camera setup on the back corner of the phone.

15. 333 GANG

ACAB

I have no problem with that design whatsoever.

16. Literal

TUESDAY! TUESDAY!

If you end up going the third party route, make sure they use/replace adhesive around the enclosure of the device. If not, the water resistance of the device will be compromised.

Majority of the phones I repair after previous repairs were performed through a third party have it either fully removed or only partially attached still.

17. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

18. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

nifty - technology really making me never need to own a laptop ever again.

19. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

My two thoughts are that a) it’s incredibly small for all of its functionality and b) it’s awesome to think the iPad will be able to support all of this natively soon.

20. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I'm an Android user but I didn't know where to post this, and figured this was probably the most active thread with tech savy people, so...

I'm using Musicolet to play mp3/m4a.

I'll put music on my phone with the artist name tagged something like "0000-The Beatles" - Musicolet will read it correctly as "0000-The Beatles"

I will move the music from my phone to my CPU. Musicolet correctly no longer shows those songs in my library.

On my computer, I update the ID3 tag and change it to "The Beatles" and then move the music back to my phone.

Musicolet reverts back to the old artist name and shows "0000-The Beatles"

Any ideas??

21. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

I haven’t messed with ID3 tags in years but maybe there is an Album Artist tag, different from an Artist tag, that is still labeled as “0000-The Beatles”?

pauljgreco and riotspray like this.
  22. Any way to clear the cache? sounds like a caching issue

RyanPm40 and riotspray like this.
  23. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Thanks for the tip, but I actually checked that and it was always labeled "The Beatles" and still is.

It's weird, because if I edit the ID3 tag from within Musicolet, it will change and update and reflect correctly and then if I move the music back to my computer it looks identical to if I do it the other way around.

Whatever, not a huge deal. Just thought I'd throw it out there.

24. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I'll have to check on that. That seems fairly logical actually.