Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple Company • Page 475

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

So I’ve been using the Logitech Slim Folio Pro (what a bad name) and I think I prefer it to the Smart Keyboard Folio. The Apple one obviously wins on size/portability, but the keyboard feel is night and day difference to me. The backlit keys are also awesome. Function keys at the top are useful. My only knock really is just the added bulk, but it’s not a big deal for me with the 11”. Having the 12.9” with this keyboard would be a bit annoying I’d think. This keyboard isn’t right for everybody but I happen to like it a bit more and wasn’t expecting to honestly.

2. Have you looked at the Brydge?

Brydge - Award Winning Bluetooth Keyboards for iPad & Surface Pro

cryates likes this.
  3. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

That is a nice looking keyboard

4. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

I have seen that one, but it wasn’t available in the store I was at. I love how it recreates that MacBook look. I think without actually using it I’d be weary of the hinges on it, and I don’t particularly love the empty space below the keys (but understand). It’s got that slim profile that is nice. If they’re sold at Apple’s stores then I may pick one up next time I’m near one.

Jason Tate likes this.
  5. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

The smart folio has honestly been everything ive needed it to be. a perfect accessory for traveling and around the house.

6. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

The chorus sticker on it also adds a touch of sophistication

7. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

You mean just the folio, without the keyboard?

8. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Oh i actually did mean the keyboard but i do have both, and love them equally for their different times of need.

cryates likes this.
  9. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Gotcha. I have both the Smart Keyboard folio and regular smart folio as well, and really just wanted to experiment with a different keyboard for comparisons sake. I actually really like the the smart folio w/o the keyboard, but the keyboard commands are just to crucial to my workflow.

10. I'm always tempted by the Brydge keyboard. I just try to stay away from looking at it because I love the Smart Keyboard Folio so much haha.

11. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

One thing that really irks me (that the Logitech admittedly doesn’t solve) about the Smart Keyboard Folio, and maybe it’s because I was using the 10.5” keyboard before that did do this, is that there is no way to fold the keyboard behind the iPad to use it a stand on a table when you just don’t want the keyboard. I rarely do it anyhow, but I just hate to see a loss of function due to redesign.

12. Callum Macleod

Do or do not, there is no try.

Decided that, although still running well enough, it was time to upgrade my mid 2012 MacBook Air. Going with the Space Grey 2018 Air. Going to keep this one as a Plex Server.. ‘cause the trade in value is peanuts, haha!

zigbigwig and David Parke like this.
  13. GBlades

Trusted

Having Remote Play for my PS4 on my MacBook was one of the best decisions I've ever made.

14. Callum Macleod

Do or do not, there is no try.

I just used this for the first time today - knew it was on iOS but didn’t realise you could do it on Mac too. Game changer for whenever my wife wants to catch up on tv that I have no interest in.

15. GBlades

Trusted

That's exactly what I'm using it for. Having no issues with it either.

callumnmacleod likes this.
  16. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

Totally didn't realize this was on Mac too. Guess I never gave it much thought after seeing it was on iOS. This is definitely going to come in handy!

17. GBlades

Trusted

Think it was only as early as April that the feature became available

pauljgreco likes this.
  18. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Has anyone had luck with 3rd party screen repairs?

My iPhone X took a fall on Saturday night, and there is a small crack in the bottom right corner. It's enough to bother me, but it's hard to justify the $279 repair at Apple. I'm afraid the resale value is essentially gone if I do not repair it, though.

Christian Romero likes this.
  19. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I'm curious, for those who have an Apple TV 4, how long does it take to turn on for you?

I feel like it used to take 5-10 seconds, and now it's upwards of 30+ seconds, but performs fine once it's on

20. 5-10 tops.

21. I used to take my phone to a 3rd party repair shop in our mall and they did a great job repairing the screen and they used to do it for like $50-$100. But that was when I had an iPhone 6s.

Daniel182 likes this.
  22. RyanPm40

Weird, I wonder what's going on.. it almost looks like the video input flickers for a second as if it starts booting and resets. Maybe a factory reset is in order.

Sounds like I'd need to redownload all of my apps which is kind of annoying, but I guess I don't really use many outside of Hulu, Prime, Netflix, HBO and YouTube

23. RyanPm40

I think my favorite thing about the Apple TV is that you don't need to deal with the stupid Amazon/Google drama. You can't use any Google apps on a Fire TV and you can't use Amazon Prime on a Chromecast. It's nice to have everything I want on one box

David Parke likes this.
  24. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

Still right around 5-10 for me. Factory reset might be the best way to go.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  25. Yes! I’m also finally using the Apple TV app more with these new changes. Unfortunately using my parents’ cable login means I stream from my phone more often these days for content not on Netflix and Hulu but it’s a breeze from iOS.

Anthony Brooks likes this.