Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple Company • Page 454

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

This hardware design is likely to stick for at least a few years. The 2018 model is plenty powerful to not warrant waiting for a spec bump in the fall, but I suppose if you wanted to hold out for deals on the 2018 model when the new ones are released then you could.

2. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

You could get some heat shrink tubing at a hardware store and use a dryer to shrink it around the fraying bit.

pauljgreco likes this.
  3. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I've had electrical tape on my MacBook cord for 4 years, haven't had a problem yet

I sometimes have to wiggle it a bit to work though

EDIT

Although I guess it's more centered on my cord and not really close to the magnet port so, idk!

oldjersey likes this.
  5. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Those are so cool. I wanna go to WWDC just once.

6. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

I'll be watching at work, but would be cool to eventually try and go.

7. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

God I want that alien one so bad

8. EntryLevelTank

The event is Tuesday right

9. pauljgreco likes this.
  10. EntryLevelTank

Oh shit. Sick

11. From what I’ve seen the jackets look super cool this year too.

Jason Tate likes this.
  12. renoinexile

To Be Everywhere Is To Be Nowhere

Jason Tate likes this.
  13. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

Happy WWDC keynote day everyone! I hope we all get what we want from the new announcements + some surprises. I'm hoping for two languages Siri.

mescalineeyes and pauljgreco like this.
  14. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Dark mode me baby

333 GANG likes this.
  15. 333 GANG

ACAB

I’m unnecessarily excited to see all of the stock apps I use on the daily in glorious black.

16. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Gruber had a good point re: dark mode on the latest Talk Show episode...they'll want to make 'light' versions of apps like Watch, Clock, etc that are already always black too, or at least one would think.

Shakriel likes this.
  17. 333 GANG

ACAB

I wouldn’t rule it out, but if they wanted them black for a reason in the first place, I’m not sure they’d feel obligated to make lighter versions of them just because they gave everything a dark option.

18. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

Turning on Dark Mode is the first thing I do when I get the beta this afternoon.

19. Traffic wasn't too terrible for this today. I was pleasantly surprised

Jason Tate likes this.
  20. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Curious to see how itunes will be replaced and how it will impact loading music onto our devices/converting our Itunes tracks into the new application.

I really hope the Ipad gets much closer to becoming a legit laptop replacement. My Air is like 5-6 years old now, and barely has any space left.

21. From a nostalgia factor I'm sad to see iTunes go but it's been so buggy for me the last year and half that I'm happy to see that an alternative option is coming down the pipe.

22. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

I'm not against them changing it up - as I use spotify for most of my music now - I just want ensure that it will be easy to navigate/switch. They usually do a good job seamlessly integrating all of their devices and services so I'm not worried.

23. Here we goooooo.

24. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Tim is the best