Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple Company • Page 451

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I watched numerous XR vs XS videos and found an overwhelming amount of people preferring the XR. Then I finally sat down to go over pricing options and features important to me. That ultimately made the decision for me.

2. 333 GANG

ACAB

I’m so excited for dark mode in iOS 13.

sean_rugy and David Parke like this.
  3. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

thanks haha it’s kind of my job so i guess it would be weird if they didn’t prioritize sending the ios developer

4. mescalineeyes

I wanna dance to me Prestigious

Christian Romero and David Parke like this.
  5. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Bought a 27” iMac and it arrived today. It’s massive but I love it already. (Even though it’s currently updating and all I really did was set it up so far.)

6. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Super jealous. I’ve been trying to convince my wife we should invest in one to have as a “house computer” haha. Hasn’t worked yet. Just gonna wait until her computer poops out (it’s almost there) then go back to work on us getting an iMac haha.

7. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

My excuse was I get paid to edit a podcast and Logic would crash on my laptop because they'd send me massive files. Does help that I'm still living at home and not paying rent, even if that's not an ideal situation hah. I was going to just go with the 21.5" but I was talked into going for the 27".

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  8. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Has anyone picked up the Beats Powerbeats wireless headphones?

9. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

The beats studio 3 headphones i bought my little brother as a graduation gift last year cracked right at the base of the headband. And of course we’re like a week past warranty. Brought them into the Apple store and they said the fix/replacement would be $200. Anyone know of any good, cheaper repair options?

10. currytheword May 22, 2019
    (Last edited: May 22, 2019)
    currytheword

Trusted

Bought an XS yesterday, upgrading from a 7s jet black which I loved. Still getting used to the new controls, but I love it so far.

Treating it like a baby until my case arrives tomorrow.

11. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Yep. They’re remarkable imo. I like them far better than my AirPods, which I like a lot. Workouts are absolutely perfect with them. Definitely my everyday earbuds now.

phaynes12 and SEANoftheDEAD like this.
  13. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Cool app/idea. I changed out alot of my contacts I talk to frequently with photos. But this sounds like a super time saver. Also cool it can refresh with newer pics.

disambigujason likes this.
  14. Been getting this pop-up all morning and I'm about to riot ....

Screen Shot 2019-05-22 at 9.43.54 AM.png

15. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

I was bummed when i noticed that Apple stopped selling the woven nylon watch bands. But then I stumbled upon this and just picked up a navy one from my local target!
    Apple® Watch Woven Nylon Band

16. SeeTheLights

Trusted Prestigious

What are the chances that a new Apple Watch is announced soon? Been thinking about upgrading to series 4 and don’t wanna lose out if something is announced

17. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Very likely September until that happens

18. I think when I upgrade this year I'm gonna go back to the 5.8 in screen instead of the Max

it's nice but not the extra money nice - might be a little too big for me

19. yeah I'm thinking about scooping up a pair this summer - really want the white pair

20. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

The battery life on my XR has been fantastic.

21. Iain

Regular

I have been having a bit of a mare with my Iphone XS over the past week.

The first issue was that the phone screen just seemed to not work. I couldn't restart it (so I thought...). It was slightly inconvenient as my Uber arrived as i was going to the airport and I (stupidly) didn't print copies of tickets. So I had to scramble to get those printed. Turns out pressing volume up and down, then the power button on the right for 10 secs seems to restart it (or i think it was actually off so this was starting it).

The next is that it struggles to connect to any new wifi connections at the moment. I am standing next to someone with an Iphone X which connects no bother first time and mine just doesnt connect to the same network. It happened somewhere else too.

Only up until now my home screen would just be a blur where the notifications would be.

Dont know if anyone else has had any of these issues?

22. Nothing quite like those but definitely laggy stuff on my x. I went to reset all settings and that seems to have smoothed things out. Could have been some corrupt settings files transferring over from an older OS during an update. Give it a shot. Obviously run a backup first.

himynameisiain likes this.
  23. I haven't heard of those, but that sounds like an issue worth either factory resetting and/or taking it into an Apple store about, seems like some flaws.