Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple Company • Page 450

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

So I’m an existing HBO Now subscriber, but downloading shows in the new TV app is not an option for me. Anybody else experiencing this? Surely you don’t have to be a subscriber via Apple/iTunes subscriptions to get offline downloads. Surely not.

2. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

3. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Ah, damnit. I see why now though because you don't even have to go through the HBO Now app to watch. It just uses the direct iOS video player. That's actually nice because the HBO app isn't the greatest. I suppose I'll need to stay with my existing subscription for now though since I do quite a bit of streaming on my Mac as well.

4. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

best buy needs to hurry up and ship my powerbeats im getting impatient i won't get them before i fly out on sunday

5. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Yeah, hopefully the Mac TV app isn't too much further away. Also, idk if you're planning on subscribing to the Apple streaming service when it starts but I believe you can add-on HBO for $10/month rather than the $15/month it costs to subscriber through HBO itself or the channel.

6. I still find it absurd there’s no Instagram iPad app.

7. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Especially since Instagram is really no longer about being in the moment

mescalineeyes likes this.
  8. I think I read once that it has something to do with the resolution at which Instagram displays photos? I’ve always thought that was not a great reason, there are so many UI workarounds possible.

9. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Yeah that makes no sense, I'm very surprised. At least allow for a blown up version of the iPhone app like Android does on tablets

10. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Powerbeats Pro are absolutely awesome. Sound is nice and balanced imo, which is unlike Beats products I've listened to in the past which leaned heavily towards the low-end. The fit is stellar, and these aren't moving at all no matter what I'm doing. I like these better than AirPods, which I've always liked. Only knock is the case size, but that's not a very big deal for me. I'll probably put these in a pocketable pouch when I leave the house since 9 hours is plenty to not need the case always handy. Battery life is insane. Noise isolation is nice, since if muffles everything around you far more than the AirPods, but traffic and such are still noticeable through playing audio. And I'm all-in on the physical controls, love them.

sean_rugy, dylan and Jason Tate like this.
  11. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

dylan likes this.
  12. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Alright, Its about time I upgrade my 6S since I can get a decent trade-in value for it.

What I need help on is which way to go...the XR or XS. I really like the smaller option of the XS, but is the smaller size worth the almost doubled price I can get for the XR? Battery life isn't too big of deal breaker considering the XR is only 5 hours longer life per the comparison. If It was 10+ hours more, then that's a different story. So really, the only thing I care about is the size. I want small as possible. I also listen to music A LOT. The camera would be a bonus for me too, but would be a back up to my actual camera.

What would ya'll prefer if you were in my position?

13. I say go into the Apple Store or wherever has the phones on display and try the XR and see if the size is too big. If the size is fine I would probably just go for the XR cause of the battery life and the color(!).
    The biggest thing I like more about the XS is the OLED display but I don’t think it makes too much of a difference generally :shrug2:

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  14. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

If size is one of your biggest concerns, go with the XS.

The XR is nearly as big as the XS Max.

15. I don’t notice the size difference that much when playing with Hannah’s XR. It’s bigger, but I really can’t tell unless I go from one to the other right after.

16. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Honestly, If I go XR i'd just get the black one because I think that Black ring around the screen looks dumb haha.

17. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

Who’s got some game suggestions for me to waste my time on while I fly for the rest of the day?

Christian Romero likes this.
  18. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

Monument Valley

Jason Tate and dylan like this.
  19. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Bury Me, My Love
    Lifeline 2
    Florence
    You Must Build A Boat

dylan likes this.
  20. Holedown for sure!

21. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

is anyone going to WWDC? my company scored a ticket and gave it to me and I honestly have no idea what's going to happen. not sure if it's better to attend it alone, or find a group to stay with.

mescalineeyes and Shakriel like this.
  22. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

I'm not but that's super sick. Congrats!

zigbigwig likes this.
  23. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Went with the XR. XS was sharp looking but the deal on the XR was too good to pass up and couldn’t justify the extra Money for the XS.

And I surprised myself by going with the blue one lol.

So long 6S. You were great, but not as great as my 5S. Miss that damn phone lol.

Christian Romero likes this.
  24. XR is a great phone

25. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

If I didn't get the X when it came out, I'd for sure be upgrading to the XR. Definitely what I recommend to the majority of people wanting an upgrade from a phone with a home button on it haha.