Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple Company • Page 448

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Bought a 1TB Samsung T5 SSD to do an external boot/run of my 2011.5 iMac after reading a post about it on PetaPixel. Already maxed out my RAM a couple years back and still don't feel like an upgrade is necessary yet. The extra 500GB will be helpful, and hope the speed increase is noticeable.

ECV and David Parke like this.
  2. Let me know how that works out for you. I'm still thinking about doing something similar with my iMac.

3. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Arrived about an hour ago, did everything according to this video and worked like a charm.

I read someone couldn't get their SSD to work on the same MY iMac as mine but I had no issues.

Start up speeds and app open speeds have greatly increased... definitely happy with the upgrade.

David Parke, ECV and pauljgreco like this.
  4. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

Anyone have the newest macbook air? Been kind of thinking about upgrading from an older macbook pro.

5. Also interested. I want a small easy computer to tote around the house. Never took to my iPad that much and I wanna run full versions of WordPress, photoshop, premiere, etc. not heavy photoshopping and editing but would love to work on my podcast on the couch and I prefer using a Mac to record podcasts

6. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

sometimes the 'Favorites Mix' is on point, today is one of those days.

pauljgreco and Christian Romero like this.
  7. I never use the playlists too much, but I’ll have to check them out and see if they work for me.

Random thought, Apple Music on the iPad is just kind of meh :shrug2:

8. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

Agreed. Very meh.

9. Callum Macleod

Do or do not, there is no try.

I've pretty much always had both Apple Music and Spotify - always loved AM for my library, rare B-Sides and full discog run throughs. Always thought Spotify did playlists and discovery far better though. However my most recent AM "New Music Mix" is actually a bunch of new music I haven't heard of, and so far I've really like most of it (enough to add to a playlist to come back to and check out more). Spotify's DW and RR playlists have been so meh for weeks now.

10. Welp my Apple Watch finally gave up on me. I got it as a birthday gift in late 2016 so I guess it lasted long enough? Idk the life span of these watches.

The GPS during workouts crapped out months ago but now it just won't unlock at all. Reboots aren't even working :(

Jason Tate likes this.
  11. Shakriel

Finally broke down and bought a Macbook Air (rose gold). Plan to use it for work and personal. Thankfully the dell docking station I have for my work laptop works with it, so no dongles needed to make it perfect for work.

Jason Tate and David Parke like this.
  12. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

XR is sick, got the AirPods too, really comfy - normally the earbuds hurt my ears

13. Mort Michaels

Father, Son, and House of Gucci

Just got my first Apple Watch. Series 4, anything I should know?

14. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Anyone picking up the Beats Powerbeats wireless headphones? They're available for pre-order on Friday.

I can't decide if I want those or the airpods.

Christian Romero likes this.
  15. The Powerbeats look super awesome, but AirPods fit my ear perfectly so I don’t think I’ll spring for them. They do seem like a great option if AirPods don’t fit your ear, or if you want some noise cancelling since AirPods have none.

SEANoftheDEAD likes this.
  16. Shakriel

Been putting my Air through its paces at work today. Was worried how it would handle running 15+ tabs on Chrome, plus 5+ in Firefox, alongside Outlook, itunes, multiple word docs and no issues. Might have helped I did spring for the 16GB ram, though.

Christian Romero likes this.
  17. mescalineeyes

just admit that I'm the fantasy Prestigious

that's an extremely smart thing you did there, especially seeing how there's no way to manually upgrade it.

disambigujason and Shakriel like this.
  18. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Question for those who have Airpods. When the batteries die, does the music just play through your phone speakers? Or does the music completely stop?

19. rxbandit89

probably over-caffeinated. Supporter

It just stops. You can have music playing on your phone, pop your Airpods in, and they'll pick up what's already playing. It doesn't work the other way around though.

David Parke and SEANoftheDEAD like this.
  20. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Ok cool, makes sense. Thanks

21. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Which should i get Airpod old or new version?

22. rxbandit89

I'm sure the old ones aren't easy to come by. Unless you can find them for really cheap, I don't see any reason why you wouldn't want the current version.

23. Iain

Regular

This is a slightly random point. However, I was on holiday in NY just there and my gf pointed out how common it is to see someone wearing airpods. Over hear in the UK i seem to hardly really see people wearing them.

24. rxbandit89

Yea, it seemed to happen overnight. They're everywhere.

25. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

Sorry if this seems like a long rant, but figured I would share with the Apple fans.

So I had an “interesting” experience with Apple this past week.

I’ve been a Mac supporter and user for the last dozen years and swore I would never go back to windows. I’ve had three Macs and they last and run much smoother. Worth the extra money. iPhones are a different story. I’m an Android guy.

Anyways, I bought a new Macbook Pro Touch Bar back in November 2016 when they were first released. I was so excited to have a new Mac and had no problem spending the huge chunk of change.

Never had an issue with it until this past February when the screen started going blank when the lid (screen) was opened to a certain point. The computer would stay on, but there was no way to get the screen back on unless I shut the computer down (which was a pain in the butt when you have no screen.) After troubleshooting with Apple support twice the issue was not solved and they told me to take it to the Genius Bar.

I finally got there this past Saturday and after 5 minutes the gentlemen told me the screen is losing connection and they would need to replace the entire screen. Being that Im a dummy and opted out of Apple Care for the first time ever with this purchase (bought it every other time, but never had to use it) the gentleman told me it would cost $475 to replace it. I was pretty pissed that a computer I spent $2000 on 2.5 years ago already needs a screen replaced and its going to cost a qurter of the total price. I told him “no thanks” and walked out pretty discouraged about Apple.

That night I did some research and found out this screen issue is a common problem with the late 2016 Macbook Pros, but Apple has yet to really acknowledge it. I said you know what, here it is 11pm Saturday night, but Im calling Apple. I told the guy over the phone my story and he said they cant do anything. I asked to speak with a higher up. I was then transferred to someone else. I kindly explained my case to the guy, no yelling, no threatening, just giving him my honest opinion. How can Apple expect someone to pay $500 to replace a screen on a less than 3 year old Macbook? I understand I didn’t buy the extended warranty, but this is a manufactured issue as I did nothing wrong to it. The Macbook is adult owned and never even left my house. How can Apple stand behind this product? The guy “David” was like I understand let me see what I can do. Final result was let me send you a box to ship it to apple and we will replace the screen for free and pay all shipping. They sent me a fedex box that I had to pack and ship back. Computer was sent to them Wednesday afternoon, repaired yesterday, and was delivered back to my house this morning before 10am. What a turn around!

Thank you David and Apple for working to keep your customer happy.