Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple Company • Page 438

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Callum Macleod

Do or do not, there is no try.

My MacBook Air is still working great given that it's a mid 2012 model. Think I want to get something new now and keep it as a Plex Server. MacBook never leaves the house these days so rather than upgrading to a new MacBook, I'm considering the new spec bumped iMac. Reckon I can convince the wife by selling it as an upgrade for both of us. :crylaugh::devil:

Jason Tate likes this.
  2. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

kidwithhelmet likes this.
  3. mescalineeyes

just admit that I'm the fantasy Prestigious

I’m just waiting for confirmation that they improved the sound quality and I’m buying a pair. Adore these

kidwithhelmet and pauljgreco like this.
  4. Callum Macleod

Do or do not, there is no try.

I returned my AirPods in favour for Beats X when they first launched.

Think I might get these though. “Hey Siri” while walking around during Summer months will be a handy addition to the already great convenience.

5. Damn no spaces gray AirPods

mescalineeyes likes this.
  6. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

Would have instantly bought if there was a space gray pair. Gonna try to hold off until mine completely die, but the battery in my pair isn't doing so well.
    But also,
    [​IMG]

7. mescalineeyes

sam from iupdate is saying there's a bigger airpod update coming later in the year but I find that a little hard to believe.

8. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

No Space Gray, no buy.

9. kidwithhelmet

WELCOME THRILLHO Supporter

I need this too. I realize that impressive sound quality isn't really the point of these, but with my originals I had to consistently live in the 90-100 percent range at all times, while 50% was damn-near inaudible.

LightWithoutHeat likes this.
  10. mescalineeyes

haha that too.

I mean Apple makes the HomePod, the best sounding device I know. This should be a lay-up!

11. I just bought a second pair of first gen AirPods two months ago but I’ll definitely be getting these

If anyone wants lightly used gen 1 AirPods for like $75 lemme know

12. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

I definitely need updates to the sound quality to consider upgrading. Supposedly the next iteration will feature noise cancelling and water resistance. As much as I love the ones I have they are nearly unusable in the cleanroom where I work because of all the ambient machine noise.

13. SincerelyEmma

I'd probably take you up on this.

14. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

If no one else takes you up on this, I'd buy from you.

15. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

Ended up taking advantage of an offer to switch to Sprint (surprisingly not terrible where I live) and got the XR for $15 a month. Loving it so far! Sure, the XS has a better screen and is a much better phone but at that price I couldn't justify the extra expense for the higher up models.

So two XRs for $15 each and saving $50 a month on our phone bill over Verizon.

pauljgreco likes this.
  16. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Best Buy just threw me a $75 reward if i used my bb card on a purchase, so i got the keyboard for the 12.9” pro finally.

Christian Romero likes this.
  17. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Sean Murphy likes this.
  18. Been working as a mover lately to pay the bills, and I managed to get a free 2011 iMac today along with a wireless keyboard and trackpad as a part of a job I’m working. Restoring it now, very excited to own a desktop for the first time in my life.

19. kidwithhelmet

Yeah - doesn't appear that these are going to have any improvements in sound quality.

Caved and bought anyway because I got my money’s worth out of this pair long ago.

20. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

are we even necessarily looking for improvements in sound quality? i've never owned a pair of ear buds better than these.

21. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

I am. I think they are fantastic but their usefulness to me in my work environment is diminished for the reasons stated above. The sound just gets washed out. I would love the functionality paired with the sound and fit I get from my old wired Bose buds.

22. kidwithhelmet

Even though they aren't supposed to be a high-end device on the sound spectrum, I don't think it's unfair to want improvements in that category at some point. I've also experienced a degradation in quality as well.

23. TheBaroness

a burst and I'm awake now Supporter

It’d be great if they could somehow make a version with a tighter/form fitting seal in the ear to help eliminate the ambient noise issue. Personally that’s more important to me than noise canceling, which I’d never use while out in the street for safety reasons. Besides that I’m not really sure what else they could improve on, other than adding a space grey colourway.

24. How did I ever use a computer that didn't have a 27" monitor

25. mescalineeyes

I know I am.