Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple Company • Page 435

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

For some reason, when I type on safari with my MacBook, it will add extra spaces between "I" and whatever word I use after it. It doesn't seem to do it in any other application. Has anybody else experienced this?

2. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Question: I had like 50+ GB of "Other Volumes in Container" on my MacBook and it ways almost full because of it. I don't know what that means and googling did not help. Anyway, I force quite all my stuff, turned off my computer, and turned it back on. Now there's only like 2.5GB of it left. What the actual fuck? How did this happen and how can I avoid it or fix it if it comes back?

3. SeeTheLights

Trusted Prestigious

Like the clutz I am, smashed my arm in a door and took a nice chunk off my apple watches Digital Crown. Guess more reason to upgrade to the S4 even though I have a S3 and really don’t need to lol

4. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

I didn't think I needed/wanted an S4 until I saw my kids nurse with one today... the size difference is huge.

5. So I was in my Notes on my iphone and accidentally hit the trash can on the note I was looking at. So I went into my "Recently Deleted" folder and accidentally hit the trash can AGAIN and now my note seems to be gone forever and ever...

Is there any way to recover it??

6. Turn on AirPlane mode on another device that it's synced with and hope it hasn't updated yet and then open the notes app, copy it for a backup and create a new note with it.

mescalineeyes likes this.
  7. Thanks for the tip! That's a great idea. However, my phone isn't synced to any other devices. I think I might just be out of luck...

8. bradsonemanband likes this.
  9. Thanks! That pulled up my Notes and everything, but unfortunately it's up to date... My note is gone... I think I'm just SOL. Oh well. Thanks for the tips though, Jason!

10. you could always try logging into iCloud.com on a browser clicking on settings going down to advanced and clicking restore files = that could work too

bradsonemanband likes this.
  11. mescalineeyes

just admit that I'm the fantasy Prestigious

after having a little back and forth with Jason on Twitter, I have to say, they REALLY need to up their game when it comes to the Apple Music app. Very much so on mobile but ESPECIALLY the iTunes side of things.

Man, the stories I could tell you guys about how that department is run...

12. upload_2019-2-26_14-20-54.gif

13. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

I opened up to this while listening to Minus The Bear’s Viaduct and the two were uncomfortably in sync. Felt like a bizarre music video.

Edit: next song is called dinosaur and also works

Jason Tate and mescalineeyes like this.
  14. mescalineeyes

just admit that I'm the fantasy Prestigious

As someone who’s been a minus the bear fan since day 1 and have been disappointed almost every release after planet of ice this EP was was a pleasant surprise. Thank god they’re breaking up tho.

disambigujason likes this.
  15. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

I only got into them with Voids so I didn’t have the same backdrop to judge the last 2 releases against, but I do enjoy both. I did check out planet of ice afterwards though and really liked it.

16. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Apple sent out an email today saying that they can remove podcasts for having episode numbers in their episode titles and this is a weird decision that I really don't understand.

17. [​IMG]

Anthony Brooks and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  18. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

This was 100% my response lol. So now my Stephen King podcast will have two episodes titled Christine (1983) because the book and movie released in the same year. Or they'll remove my podcast for having dates that are actually important to the show if they're being this picky.

19. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

You think this is because of that old, dumbass patent trolling thing? I remember a while back someone was trying to basically sue all podcasts that used chronological numbering, because apparently, someone had a patent for that :eyeroll:

20. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

But like... how do you patent counting numbers in order?

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  21. Not knowing the number ... is weird af. Have other prominent apple podcasters said anything yet? Cause they're gonna be vocal. Haha.

22. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Great question. But they did. A bunch of podcasters came together and raised a bunch of money to fight it so I thought this had gone away. This was like 3-4 years ago, so this could be somethin' new for all I know.

Deanna likes this.
  23. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

I'm not seeing anything on Twitter about it yet. But I know all of the Relay shows use episode numbers along with 5by5 and literally so many other podcasts.

24. RJ Knorr

Trusted Supporter

Potentially a dumb question but here we go

I’m planning on trading in my 6s for the XR. Do I have to go through their website/mail in my 6s/wait for the refund or can I select in store pick up and turn my 6s in while picking up my XR and immediately receive the $200 refund?

25. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Here's a little update on the podcast episode numbers from Dan Benjamin, via an email from his hosting company, Fireside.

So, I gave my contact at Apple Podcasts a call and asked him about this. He explained that they aren’t planning to kick podcasts off for doing this, but that they really want podcasters to use two brand new iTunes tags in their feeds. These tags, itunes:episode and itunes:title, split the episode’s number from its title, and allow for better parsing and display of podcasts in the iTunes Store and in Apple Podcasts.

I've moved my podcasts over to Transistor, so I'm waiting to see if they also address this, but it'll be interesting to see whether or not Apple does remove podcasts for this. Why put it in the email if they weren't actually planning to enforce it?