Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple Company • Page 434

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

That's how it was for my parents recently. They both upgraded from 5S to XR. I'll be in a similar boat when I finally upgrade. Currently using a 6S.

2. yeah I use all the stock apps save for the podcasts and weather

3. My 2018 12.9” iPad Pro randomly restarts on its own multiple times a day. It doesn’t matter if I’m in the middle of typing or if the device is locked. Has anyone else had this problem? Suggestions on what I should do about this?

4. That is weird. Is it on the latest os. That seems like something worth going to a genius about while it’s jndwr warranty.

5. the only software fixes I can think of would be 1. checking if the iOS is up to date like Jason said or 2. restoring the device and setting up as new (this is where having Apple Music, iCloud photos, and messages in the cloud comes in handy)

if neither of those work then yeah it's most likely hardware and you need to go to an Apple store.

6. Yeah it’s on 12.1.4. So I don’t know what’s wrong with it. I’ll probably make an appointment with a genius to see what’s up just in case. I’ve only had it for about a month so hopefully everything is all good. Thanks for the advice!

7. Update, I chatted with Apple Support on their iOS app (which is actually amazing) and did a diagnostic on my iPad which says that my battery is fine, phew. She said that if my iPad restarts again I need to make a backup and restore my iPad from new, then use it for 24 hours and if it doesn’t restart in that time I can restore it from backup. If it restarts after restoring from new then I have to bring it in to the Apple Store. Here’s to hoping it’s just going to be fine :crylaugh:

8. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

Just set up my MacBook Pro! Having so much fun customizing the Touch Bar with BetterTouchTool.

Christian Romero likes this.
  9. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

Urgh $800 to fix my laptop

10. What kind of laptop and what’s wrong with it

11. DickyCullz

Retina MBP. Logic board most likely. Flickering horizontal lines and about an inch wide vertical wine of green/red pixels

Didn’t drop it or anything. Did some work Saturday fine, turned it on on sunday and it showed up

12. Why is it $800? What year is it

13. DickyCullz

Its their flat rate cost. Its out of warranty as I got it in early ‘17 and didn’t get apple care

14. That seems way too high

15. DickyCullz

Logic boards are expensive :verysad:

16. DickyCullz

But as its flat rate, if there is anything else that needs replacing it’ll still come under the flat rate. The logic board alone is 714

It is possible it’ll come back and be something totally different though

17. Looks like we’re in the same boat of bringing our computers in. Looks like I have to bring my iPad to the Apple Store tomorrow to figure out why it keeps restarting.

18. DickyCullz

Sucks to hear that man. At least you should be covered by warranty

19. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Logic Boards are the most expensive repairs for them. I used to cringe when i'd see that kinda line form because i just knew it was gonna be expensive and the customer was gonna be PISSED.

21. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

Sooooo 2000$ phones are a thing now? I mean, the concept of a phone that unfolds into a tablet is cool and it has 6 cameras, but it just seems like that thing can be either a tablet with a really small screen or a phone with a weirdly shaped screen.

falafelmywaffle likes this.
  22. I wouldn't see this gimmick catching on for a few more years

23. It’s super janky looking. Not ready for release.

falafelmywaffle likes this.
  24. TheBaroness

a burst and I'm awake now Supporter

Really don’t get the foldable phone thing, at this point it’s just a marketing gimmick. I think the short-term future of smartphones should be a focus on scaling back superfluous features to lower prices, and delivering much longer battery life and more charging options. The long-term future is probably going to be wearables, with the ‘phone’ as we currently know it taking on more of a tablet function.

jeff.dart and Anthony Brooks like this.
  25. jeff.dart

Regular

Not sure who could justify paying for that, but I appreciate putting the tech out there. Hopefully further iterations make this thing way more accessible in the next couple years. I really don’t like how it looks folded though. Also, we need better battery tech before I choose to invest in an all in one product because I could definitely drain it in tablet mode.