Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple Company • Page 432

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Zoshchenko Feb 7, 2019
    (Last edited: Feb 7, 2019)
    Zoshchenko

Trusted Supporter

I can do that in some apps but not all. An app I use for LSAT stuff is pretty garbage and doesn’t do split view.

edit: I guess the best way to close it is to get into an app that does split view, bring the slide over window into split view, then close. A little clunky, but works for me.

2. morgantayler Feb 8, 2019
    (Last edited: Feb 9, 2019)
    morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Wow this deal, AT&T is selling Apple’s leather and silicone cases for just $5.

Lol of course I just fucking bought one a couple weeks ago, but I may grab another. You can’t beat that price.

4. rxbandit89

probably over-caffeinated. Supporter

What a steal. Grabbed a white one.

morgantayler likes this.
  5. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

Thank you so much just nabbed a saddle brown for my 8 plus!! Crazy deal especially with free shipping

morgantayler likes this.
    David Parke and Jason Tate like this.
  7. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

Kind of could use a laptop for work so I used it as an excuse to finally bite the bullet after years and years of not having one. ALMOST went with a MacBook Air with upgraded RAM and storage, but somehow ended up going with a Space Gray MacBook Pro with Touch Bar, i5, 16gb RAM 512GB.

Didn’t really want to spend that kind of money, but it didn’t feel right settling for less since I’ll be using it for years to come.

8. mescalineeyes

I wanna dance to me Prestigious

That is a good and prudent choice actually

wisdomfordebris likes this.
  9. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

Going to need 13” MacBook Pro sleeve recommendations! Looking for something stylish.

10. wisdomfordebris likes this.
  11. rxbandit89

probably over-caffeinated. Supporter

I work part time at Best Buy. Since the new Macbook Airs came out, I actually end up recommending the Macbook Pro more often. For $100 you get a bit more computer, and most people are fine with 7 hours of battery life instead of 10. It was a different conversation when the Air was $999, but I'm with you in that buying at Air at $1199+ seems like settling. If Apple got rid of the non touch bar Macbook Pros, I think the product line up would make a little more sense.

I'm not sure if this is stylish, but this is what I keep mine in: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/thule-...-retina-display-black/5096400.p?skuId=5096400

wisdomfordebris likes this.
  12. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

13. lol that's gonna be a no from me.

David Parke likes this.
  14. I just don’t understand how any publisher would want to go through with Apple’s service. Especially if they already have paying subscribers. Apple taking a 50% cut seems like a hell of a lot.

Jason Tate likes this.
  15. selling my 11" space gray iPad Pro with AppleCare+ and smart keyboard for $800 if anyone interested (can be flexible on price too)

16. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

GB?

17. Also comes with the second generation pencil too so $800 is really a steal

18. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Oh damn yea that kicks it up a notch. Gonna have to think a bit, would’ve liked more storage as I’m at ~60 on my current iPad.

19. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

damn it!! i literally just bought a 2017 10.5" / gen1 pencil like a week ago. thats a total steal.

20. Return it ;-) haha

21. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

okay it wasn't last week but yesterday was the end of the 14 day policy to return. haha what luck.

22. Every time I think I can use my phone without a case, because it looks so damn good, I drop my phone and think, “thank god I have this case on.” :facepalm2: I wish I could go caseless but I ain’t that good!

23. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I went caseless forever because i couldnt find a case that wasnt bulky. the speck cases and otter boxes just did not do it for me. it did result in some screen repair expenses but i hate hate hate when a sleek tiny phone becomes extra bulky. the leather apple cases are perfect now, functional and barely add any additional bulk.

24. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Apple's leather case is the perfect case imo. Perfect balance of sleek, weight, protection and footprint.