Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple Company • Page 431

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

So we talked about this when doing the end of the year shortcut thing but I have a question.

When using Apple Music on your phone, do you guys actually add everything that you like to your library? If so, does it take up space on your phone and what are the advantages to doing it?

I always just search and stream. I don’t have any of my own files uploaded to Apple Music so I’m just always streaming

2. mescalineeyes

I wanna dance to me Prestigious

I add everything to my library.
    It takes up “clearable space”, i.e. it gets deleted when you need it for something else, unless you tap the little cloud icon which saves it to your phone in a more permanent way. This reduces strain on your data and battery.

Taketimeandfind likes this.
  3. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

I don’t download a single thing on Apple Music, this no storage space is used from my phone. In the world of unlimited data, I just stream everything now. The library limit itself is 100k I believe, but no human will ever reach that.

4. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

In a world of unlimited data, it's great, but in a world where a plan with 4Gb of data costs 80 CAD, it kinda sucks.

5. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

A+ marketing

[​IMG]

6. that's sick

7. That is pretty cool.

8. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Christian Romero likes this.
  9. cryates likes this.
  10. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

Jason Tate and cryates like this.
  11. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

I also got scorched eyeballs from looking at the same images over and over

12. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

13. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

It's okay. A coworker of mine, a graphic designer with 20+ years of experience, got 4860.

14. Apple names Deirdre O’Brien senior vice president of Retail and People
    Apple today announced that Deirdre O’Brien is taking on new responsibilities for Apple’s retail and online stores in an expanded role as senior vice president of Retail + People, reporting to CEO Tim Cook. After five transformative years leading the company’s retail and online stores, Angela Ahrendts plans to depart Apple in April for new personal and professional pursuits.

In her expanded role, Deirdre will bring her three decades of Apple experience to lead the company’s global retail reach, focused on the connection between the customer and the people and processes that serve them. She will continue to lead the People team, overseeing all People-related functions, including talent development and Apple University, recruiting, employee relations and experience, business partnership, benefits, compensation, and inclusion and diversity.

15. Screen Shot 2019-02-05 at 2.16.30 PM.png

One miss was a finger slip. Hah.

16. sean_rugy Feb 5, 2019
    (Last edited: Feb 5, 2019)
    sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

cool. my Microsoft Exchange account for work just suddenly stopped working with Fantastical/Calendar and my IT department's answer was basically "you're shit out of luck, you should use the Outlook app". not acceptable and this has thrown my entire life off balance hah. legitimately almost missed a meeting last week because I had no idea this happened. I've signed in/out of the Exchange account in settings multiple times, nothing. my work computer updated itself last week and I think this is when it all started. very frustrated and Fantastical support confirmed what I thought and that it's on our end.

edit: this is apparently because we've moved over to Microsoft 365 and everything is cloud based. I hate everything about this holy shit.

Jason Tate likes this.
  17. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

That was fun!

cryates likes this.
  19. TheBaroness

a burst and I'm awake now Supporter

I had this issue. We also use Office 365 and I managed to get it working again but can’t quite remember how, think it required re:logging in to Office 365 through the Fantastical app. There is definitely a way though as mine is working currently. At the very least if you haven’t already you should be able to log into Office 365 in your Apple settings and sync your calendar there which will be picked up by Fantastical (you have to go in to Fantastical settings and add the Office 365 calendar as you would do with your iCloud calendar)

sean_rugy likes this.
  20. sean_rugy

technology is weird. after all of this I went to the tried and true method of just turning my phone on and off and... the calendar magically appeared!

David Parke and TheBaroness like this.
  21. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

22. Yes.

23. sean_rugy

this is wild.

rxbandit89 and Jason Tate like this.
  24. Zoshchenko

Trusted Supporter

Is there a way to close this pop out/slider over thing that I’m missing? I can swipe it off screen, but keep accidentally dragging it back when trying to swipe to the next page on a pdf.

I assume there’s something painfully obvious I’m missing

4D286337-86C8-4CE2-A216-C706B57C9011.png

25. Can you pull it into split view instead of slide over, and then close the split view window portion?