Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple Company • Page 426

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Apple Pay coming to Target, Taco Bell and more top US retail locations
    Target, Taco Bell, Hy-Vee supermarkets in the Midwest, Speedway convenience stores and Jack in the Box are the latest merchants to support Apple Pay, the most popular mobile contactless payment system in the world that lets customers easily and securely pay in stores using their iPhone and Apple Watch. With the addition of these national retailers, 74 of the top 100 merchants in the US and 65 percent of all retail locations across the country will support Apple Pay.

2. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

i love using apple pay on my watch and seeing the reactions of other people in line as i do it.

3. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

or using my watch to scan my boarding pass at the gate. the boarding agent always seems shocked i guess a lot of people just use their phones.

Anthony Brooks likes this.
  4. I always have such anxiety that someone is gonna think I’m so smug when I do it which is literally the only reason I don’t. Why do I fucking care so much about dumb stuff? 2019 goals

5. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

I want Apple Pay everywhere. I was hoping that the integration of the chip-based payment system would help speed that up because the whole process takes entirely too long, some places you still swipe, and that annoying beeping to remove your card.

just let me use my handheld computer to pay for things.

TylerDrumming and David Parke like this.
  6. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

I use Apple Pay on my watch at gas pumps, but my phone everywhere else that I can. I've had problems in the past with it not working at certain checkout terminals on my watch, so I don't want to risk being that guy.

7. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Same here with my Samsung Pay. I also never know whether to select "debit" or "credit" on some terminals

8. dorfmac

Trusted

i don't even know how to use apple pay on my xr since i don't have a home button anymore, but i feel like more of a badass using my watch anyways

9. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

You double press the Power button.

cryates, dorfmac and Arry like this.
  10. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

the sound that the terminals make to signify an approved transaction is the exact sound i associate with something bad happening, so i always think that my cards declined or something lol

David Parke likes this.
  11. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Anybody have any suggestions for selling a MacBook Pro? Mid 2012. Looking to sell that and my 9.7 iPad Pro to maybe get a new iPad Pro.

12. Mercari/Craigslist worked for me. And Gazelle if you want no stress but less money.

13. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

I was surprised to see that apple giveback offers more credit than gazelle. I also forgot just how expensive the 12.9 Pro is. Looks like I need to put together some more funds before I even consider selling my MacBook

Christian Romero and Jason Tate like this.
  14. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

Swappa is worth checking out as well.

I’ve sold a bunch of phones, tablets and laptops over the years on there. They take a set fee ($15 I think for iPads and $25 for MacBooks) that is built into the sale price and then just the standard PayPal fees.

15. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Hey everyone, the charger to my 2015 MacBook pro is starting to see it's end days. What's a reputable site to get a replacement? I really don't wanna spend 80 bucks on an official apple one and I've heard you can get one online on the cheap.

16. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

That’s the one I couldn’t remember the name to. Thanks I’ll check it out

17. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Jason Tate likes this.
  18. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

So it seems like after nearly 4 years, they have finally decided to release the News app in Canada with the new iOS 12.2 beta.

David Parke likes this.
  19. I’ve never heard anything good about third party chargers. If you can save up and budget for it I can’t recommend an official apple charger enough. Check resell sites I suppose? Refurb store on apple’s site?

20. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Figured I'd post this here;

I just got upgraded to iPad Pro as my primary device and have little use for my Macbook, so I am looking to unload it;

Selling 2015 12” Macbook – 256gb HD/1.1ghz/8gb Memory
    It is in flawless physical condition and works like out of the box new
    Comes with charger that it also in new condition.

Asking $800.00 plus shipping to wherever you are in the world.
    If interested, slide on into my DMs.

21. Christian Romero and David Parke like this.
  22. schackbr

Regular

I've gotten every release of the iPhone since the 4 and didn't budge from the X this cycle. I love the size of the XS Max but couldn't justify paying the cost strictly based on screen size. There weren't enough upgrades done this time around that really "wowed" me, especially given how fast and smoothly everything continues to run on the X. Also, the price of the phone increased so drastically from the 7 to the X. I can't remember but I believe the 7 started at $649 at release.

Also, I think the marketing behind the XR really sold people. It's certainly not advertised as a budget phone and came in $250 cheaper.

23. Callum Macleod

Do or do not, there is no try.

Exclusive: iOS 12.2 includes ‘Hey Siri’ setup interface for rumored AirPods 2

I've recently gone from never using "Hey Siri" to using it a lot with my smart home stuff and to play music through Sonos.

I returned my AirPods and gots Beats X instead due to them having some noise cancelling (Busy bus commutes to and from work) - but I'd probably pick new AirPods up for about the house and going out on walks with this addition.

24. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

But I’ve read countless times the XR was a flop. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

25. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

So AirPods 2 are likely looking at release around the March event I’d think, if they are going to coincide with 12.2’s public release. Color me excited.