Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple Company • Page 425

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. SeeTheLights

Trusted Prestigious

lmao too late, I am in the future

4D5ACD75-7227-4DB7-845B-BEBE269C4396.jpeg

cryates likes this.
  3. Had the XS a little over a month. It's so incredible.

4. jorbjorb

7 rings

Wow that case is so sleek.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  5. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

jorbjorb likes this.
  6. You Deserve Privacy Online. Here’s How You Could Actually Get It | TIME
    In 2019, it’s time to stand up for the right to privacy—yours, mine, all of ours. Consumers shouldn’t have to tolerate another year of companies irresponsibly amassing huge user profiles, data breaches that seem out of control and the vanishing ability to control our own digital lives.

sean_rugy and jorbjorb like this.
  7. TheBaroness

a burst and I'm awake now Supporter

I picked up the battery case for the XS Max today. It obviously adds a bit of size and heft to the phone, but it’s pretty impressively sleek compared to the other offerings on the market. I certainly wouldn’t use it every day but it’s going to be perfect for days/nights I’m away from a power point for long periods and don’t want to have to ration my phone use or tote around a big power brick in my purse.

Jason Tate likes this.
  8. I'm going to try to get a new 12.9" iPad Pro tomorrow with the Smart Keyboard Folio... if it doesn't 100% destroy my wallet.

I know it will but :shrug2:

David Parke and Jason Tate like this.
  9. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

sean_rugy likes this.
  10. Picked up a XS Max smart battery case - it’s heavier than the 7 one but feels sleeker cuz it has no speaker chin on the front

jorbjorb and Christian Romero like this.
  11. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Useful

ZooZooChaCha and David Parke like this.
  12. TheBaroness

Well, the battery case has already paid for itself. Spent 7 hours in the emergency room last night without a charger, heavily used my phone and when I finally got out of there my battery was still on 100% (case was around 50%). Nice to be able to use your phone in those situations and not have to worry about it running out.

David Parke and Jason Tate like this.
  13. Finally got the 12.9” iPad Pro today, and it’s awesome! I can’t believe how big of a jump this feels in terms of size and just... well everything from the last model.

The only thing that’s kind of a bummer is that I had to start the iPad completely fresh since I couldn’t restore from my iPhone backup since the iPad is at iOS 12.1.1 and the iPhone is at iOS 12.1.2. Oh well :shrug2: Now I just have to wait for iCloud to sync everything.

So far, this is super great. I’m going to try to edit a podcast in Ferrite pretty soon here.

14. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

argh. i am convinced that i want to leave the laptop world and go full iPad, and i want to get the new pro sometime in the next week or so, but i cannot decide on 11” or 12.9”. On one hand, i like the portability of the 11”, and while the 12.9” isn’t crazy big, the 11 seems easier for reading and general travelling. But on the other hand, if it is replacing my macbook as my main device, i think i’d want the bigger screen overall.

Anyone have any reasons they chose one over the other? And is it your main device?

15. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

If you have a monitor you could essentially just plug it in to that whilst you’re at home? In terms of portability the 11” is a better fit in my opinion.

16. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

So I went with the 12.9" on launch day, then returned it for the 11 - mostly due to portability and for reading. Then I really started to miss the big screen size for watching videos / laptop replacement (this is my main device, with the exception of an iMac 27" that my wife uses 95% of the time for work).

So ended up gifting the 11" to my wife, since she just wanted something better for drawing, and bought the 12.9" again.

On most days the size doesn't bother me - it is still really portable. And on nights when I want something lighter to read on I just use my iPhone 8 Plus (and will likely go with the Max at upgrade time).

Christian Romero and Sean Murphy like this.
  17. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

This is going to be very useful. Now if someone could just make one to locate shared family purchases in the App Store.

Jason Tate likes this.
  18. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Thanks! This was just the reply i was looking for haha

19. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

No problem! How I see it - if you just want the best tablet available to do tablet stuff, get the 11 inch. But if you are trying to replace a laptop, get the 12.9”.

The 11” can definitely replace a laptop, but I find the 12.9” to be a much more capable replacement due to the larger screen size.

Also, if you are going with the Smart Keyboard, the 12.9” feels more natural coming from a laptop. I have larger hands so the 11” was cramped.

Plus holding up that thing up to read is a good forearm workout.

Christian Romero and Sean Murphy like this.
  20. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I went 12.9 haha its waiting at best buy for me! Cant wait

21. TheBaroness

I don’t think you’ll regret your choice. The only real downside I’ve found with the 12.9 is it takes up more room in a bag when travelling, and if you’re taking it instead of a laptop that probably won’t be an issue. I’ve found it equally great for couch and desk use. Much better than the old 12” pro which was legitimately unwieldy.

ZooZooChaCha and Sean Murphy like this.
  22. Callum Macleod

Do or do not, there is no try.

I just spent way too much money in the iTunes mega sale. Yikes.

Jason Tate likes this.
  23. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

24 hours in and i dont regret 12.9 at all

24. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

David Parke likes this.