Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple Company • Page 424

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Didn’t know they expanded it, but I’d tell anybody and everybody with an older iPhone to jump on that deal NOW. The XR continues to impress the hell out of me.

Also, Forbes is nothing but shitty headlines.

Jason Tate and Anthony Brooks like this.
    Christian Romero likes this.
  3. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

My 6 Plus would have still been in good shape 5 years after its release if I wouldn’t have taken it with me mountain cycling. $29 to basically give most iPhone 6 models 2 more years was great.

4. jorbjorb

7 rings

I can honestly see myself using my iphone 6 until 2020 or 2021 even lol. They continue to push great software updates for it. If I get the newest iphone I'll probably keep that thing for ten years lol. Still amazes me how long these things last.

justin. likes this.
  5. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

One of my friends still has a solid working 5s. I think it will last him another year.

Mr. Serotonin and jorbjorb like this.
  6. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

My gf uses a 5s still :crylaugh:

Thank god she's upgrading this year.

jorbjorb likes this.
  7. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

My mom still uses a 4s(!). Battery issues aside it’s held up quite well, and even though I now appreciate a slightly bigger screen I still miss how nicely it fits in the hand.

jorbjorb likes this.
  8. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Christian Romero likes this.
  9. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

with those you'd have to charge your phone like once a month. interesting to see that they moved the hump all the way down. I think it looks better but they're still not for me.

10. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

I just need my phone to make it through a full day with zero worry about losing all its juice. My phone lasts me two full days easy so I have no need for one of those cases. The design is better than the previous smart battery cases though.

11. TheBaroness

a burst and I'm awake now Supporter

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  12. I'm gonna get a XS max battery case for travel days and concerts/festival type situations - not an every day thing for me but nice to have in those instances

TheBaroness likes this.
  13. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

Apple supporting their phones for 5+ years with software updates is one of those things conveniently overlooked by Youtubers trying to make the same old "Apple So Greedy" videos.

You know, the same people buying a Samsung phone for $100-200 less and watch as it gets last years Android update 5 months after Google unveils the latest version and will never see another update again.

Apple's software support totally shoots holes in the conspiracy theory that Apple purposely borks your phone to get you to upgrade. They could very easily limit their phones to 1-2 years of updates like Android and force more people to upgrade.

David Parke and jorbjorb like this.
  14. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

does anyone have any experience with blocking robocalls on your phone? I don't know what happened over the past year or so but it's gotten unbearable.

15. RoboKiller’s the best one.

sean_rugy likes this.
  16. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

This is going to piss a looooooot of folks off.

17. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

I almost want to get one of these cases for the hell of it, and only have to charge my phone once every four or five days.

18. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

i wish they made the battery cases for the plus sizes back when I had the 6 and 7 plus, the mophie cases for those made me feel like i was carrying around a scanner.

19. The new Slack logo/icon is ugly.

20. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

It really is. I almost don't want to update haha.

21. SeeTheLights

Trusted Prestigious

Bought my first hue lights. Stoked to get it set up.

sean_rugy, Jason Tate and pauljgreco like this.
    David Parke likes this.
  23. Look. My dock and app switcher icons have the old logo still. May need to restart but the work computers are only on el cap so maybe that’s it?

No one at work embraced it anyway. I have it open in protest and shame. I hate that everyone here uses the intercom, yelling down halls, and walking to my office to say “can you come here?” And “where’s that file?”

24. Literal

#1 Dawg

Stop before you've gone too deep and return them!!!

Don't end up like me and purchase Hue bulbs for every fixture in your home with multiple dimmer switches, tap switches, and motion sensors.

Soon, you'll start looking at Smart Locks, front-door cameras, and even toothbrushes.

pauljgreco and David Parke like this.
  25. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

That all sounds so good

David Parke likes this.