Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple Company • Page 422

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

I don’t believe what you are trying to do is achievable unfortunately. By default they are set to detect your ear and switch from mono (w/ one bud) to stereo (w/both buds) automatically. There may be a third party hack/workaround, but I’m not sure.

They are excellent for running imo. I run daily with them and have zero issues with them falling out. They’re so light, and don’t have a wire to pull them down that I don’t think you’d have any issues.

kpatrickwood likes this.
  2. I don’t think this is possible, but I only did a little googling to see if I could find anything. I’ve had it happen by accident a couple of times, but I don’t know what caused that, and a reposition of the airpod fixed it.

My fiancé runs with hers in. I think I could, but they feel a tad loose to me, so I don’t. I think it will depend on your ears how you feel about it.

kpatrickwood and cryates like this.
  3. sean_rugy Jan 7, 2019
    (Last edited: Jan 7, 2019)
    sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

With some light tinkering I guess you could ‘hack’ the case in a way that the left airpod doesn’t make a connection with the charger so that it will always be dead. I think that would maybe force it all to go into the right one.

I love running in mine. They’ve never fallen out and it’s not something I’ve even thought or worried about, except for the first time.

kpatrickwood and Jason Tate like this.
  4. Oh yeah, that’s not a bad idea ... running the battery of one of them all the way down. Didn’t think of that.

kpatrickwood likes this.
  5. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Well now I feel stupid ... duh

kpatrickwood likes this.
  6. kpatrickwood

Give what you can.

Thanks a ton for the insights everyone. The running down the battery in one of them thing is just the kind of "duh" answer I was hoping for but couldn't come up with myself. Most of the time I'll probably just use the one and keep a regular plug in the other ear, but I like knowing that'll be an option. Mine should come in on Wednesday and I'm really excited to try em.

7. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I noticed a small red lump on my wrist this morning in the exact spot that I my black sport band lays against my wrist while I wear my watch. I don’t know if my band was too tight or if it’s contact dermatitis. I’ll probably start shopping for a non-synthetic band. Has anyone had this problem?

9. I know some of my friends with watches have certain allergic reactions to the watch - could be a myriad of things on that device that could be causing it.

justin. likes this.
  10. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

True. I ordered a leather band (I’ve never had any allergies to leather that I’ve known of) so I’ll see how that goes. If it persists then I’m just going to have to lay the watch down until I find a solution.

11. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Viticci is my hero

ZooZooChaCha likes this.
  12. sean_rugy

540 ACTIONS!! that would have turned my brain into a pretzel.

Jason Tate likes this.
  13. 1) this shortcut is incredible

2) the comments in it are even better.

upload_2019-1-8_10-34-28.png

14. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

really want to dig into shortcuts. sounds like it can be pretty powerful but don't know where to start

also, I was finding that I wasn't into the iPad Pro as a computer replacement and always drifted back to my laptop if I wanted to do anything. Then yesterday I just started browsing with it in landscape mode and I went "ooooooooooh". Now I only hold it portrait if I'm reading a comic

TIL my brain works better in landscape

15. sean_rugy

so since I posted this Earl Sweatshirt shot up to my most listened to artist. not surprised at all.

both of these methods continue to prove that I am an album listener and probably will be forever. my top 100 songs are basically from the same 6 or so albums.

Jason Tate likes this.
  16. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

That shortcut didn't work for me :(

I keep getting some "Numerical argument out of domain" error.

17. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

Hmm I don't know, worked for me

18. Check Viticci's twitter account, some people said the same in there and he was talking about it iirc.

19. If you canceled your subscription can you still access this?

20. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

Lake Erie is such a great jam. I just checked out that album after seeing it so many end of the year lists.

21. LG Electronics sees 80 percent drop in fourth-quarter profit; analysts point to thinning TV margins | Reuters
    outh Korea’s LG Electronics Inc (066570.KS) said on Tuesday its fourth-quarter operating profit likely plummeted 80 percent from the same period a year earlier, falling well below analyst expectations.

The world’s second-biggest television set maker behind compatriot Samsung Electronics Co Ltd (005930.KS) estimated profit of 75.3 billion won ($67.03 million) for October-December last year. That would compare with the 387 billion won average of 11 analyst estimates in an I/B/E/S Refinitiv poll.
    Hmm, LG and Samsung both seeing issues.

David Parke likes this.
  22. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

Love my LG OLED tv

Jason Tate likes this.
  23. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Why does an 80% drop sound devastating?

24. No way dude. It’s only Apple they’re terrible sell sell sell </s>

Jason Tate likes this.
  25. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

This is awesome. Demon & Division topped my list this year. A lot of Alkaline Trio.