Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple Company • Page 413

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

So I'm heading back to the Apple Store today. The Series 3 I was given is actually the GPS + LTE version which I have absolutely no need for. Gonna upgrade to the Series 4 for $25, I call that a win.

David Parke likes this.
  2. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

3. The SixColor folks like it.

Christian Romero likes this.
  4. chris-wrecker

Trusted

Does this work with podcasts?

5. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

requested my music data from Apple. I've alway been jealous of the year-end stuff that Spotify does, it's a fun feature.

6. They really need to add it.

7. No idea. I think the author is on Twitter.

8. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

So, I'm trying an experiment of not having my phone for an entire day. Only my Watch, the LTE version. So far, the only thing I've missed at all is the ability to snap a pic I wanted to take earlier but didn't necessarily need to take and won't miss if I don't have it. Definitely an interesting case study, if that's the right word for it. I feel more focused on work being half-disconnected in a sense. Battery longevity is probably the only real thing I'm questioning so far, but right now I'm at 81%. I've taken some phone calls, done quite a bit of texting, listened to music with AirPods, etc.

sean_rugy and Jason Tate like this.
  9. RJ Knorr

Trusted Supporter

A4A120C2-B289-459C-A8DC-2BEECDD1D11E.png

I really love having access to this but I’m missing a lot of plays from Paramore specifically. According to this I listened to After Laughter once since its release. That’s impossible

ECV and David Parke like this.
  10. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

I downloaded my Apple Music history, but every time I get in the folder where the file is located it just crashes.

11. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

Not sure I listened to that much Rae Sremmurd but the rest seems accurate? Screen Shot 2018-12-12 at 7.37.01 PM.png

12. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

This algorithm seems to rank things by total time played, not total plays. So longer songs get more weight if you listen all the way.

13. dorfmac

Trusted

damn that seems like wayyyy too much kanye, unless you just spend a lot of time listening to the old stuff...

14. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

I definitely want to post my stats now.

15. dorfmac

Trusted

do itttttt

16. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

I did. Definitely less recently. I don't think I ever listened to ye more than once

17. cryates Dec 13, 2018
    (Last edited: Dec 13, 2018)
    cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Day one ended at 27% battery at night. Basically ended up being around 10 hours with the watch and no phone. Watch was connected to LTE the entire time, as well as familiar Wi-Fi networks I've connected to. I had around 10-15 mins of phone time over LTE, just over an hour of playing music/radio over LTE while connected to Bluetooth, no less than 50 texts sent and received all via the watch and some other random things/small tasks here and there. I would say it's going well, having went the whole day and only being connected to the phone for five hours or so last night. The absolute biggest battery drainer (besides calls over LTE of course) is streaming music over LTE. A 30-minute ride last night streaming the radio app over LTE with Bluetooth connected zapped 13% from the battery. Right now, I'm at 77% battery left with similar usage outside of no music listening.

I'd say this will work for me and my use day-to-day with some days definitely being iffy if I need to field an unusual amount of calls. I'll probably do it quite often honestly. It definitely won't work for just about everyone though, whether they are just plain busier and depend on their phone for actual important stuff, or if they are just plain addicted and couldn't handle not being able to check Facebook or Instagram at a moment's notice. I find not having my phone to be quite freeing and efficient. Kind of feels like the old days in a way. I'm not going to keep posting updates but was just curious if something like this could work for me. Thought others might find it at least somewhat interesting.

jorbjorb likes this.
  18. Apple Announces New Austin Campus and Broad Expansion Across the US – MacStories
    Apple has announced a significant expansion across the US, including an expanded presence in Austin, a city where it currently employs over 6,000 people. Over the next three years, Apple also plans to grow to more than 1,000 employees in Seattle, San Diego, Culver City and add hundreds of jobs in New York, Pittsburgh, Boulder, Boston, and Portland. The company is also expanding its data centers in places like North Carolina, Nevada, Iowa, and Arizona.

dash64 and Christian Romero like this.
  19. Jason Tate likes this.
  20. Apple Music is on the Echo early! Will report back thoughts in a bit.

Christian Romero and David Parke like this.
  21. It works, but I'm not sure if it can access my personal/uploaded files. Will play with it more when Hannah's not napping

22. Yeah, no personal files from AM work. Which is a bummer. But having everything else is nice.

23. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

I’ve had my dot packed away for a while, this is a good reason to pull it back out

24. This sounds good. Gonna have to learn all the commands.

Saying “play Jason’s favorites of 2018” got the playlist I’m making.

Saying “play Christmas Song by Phoebe Bridgers” did not work. Heh, saying “play the most recent song from Phoebe Bridgers” did, however.

Now that I actually spent some time listening to music on this thing ... my god do they have the bass turned up too loud. Didn’t know they had an equalizer in the Alexa app, just fyi.

David Parke likes this.
  25. Zoshchenko

Trusted Supporter

People with the 11” iPad Pro, have most apps been updated for the new aspect ratio?

Still so conflicted between 11 and 12.9 :teethsmile: