Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple Company • Page 412

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Man, I love Apple Music but I wish they’d have those year end stats like Spotify does. Although, I wonder if they’d even be able to factor in all the music I owned and integrated. Most of the stuff I like the most I tend to have in AIFF.

sean_rugy and David Parke like this.
  2. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Okay, EKG is really fucking cool.

Attached Files:

TylerDrumming and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  3. Jason Tate likes this.
  4. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Resting heart rate 43
    No signs of afib

5. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

The Apple Watch ECG/EKG detected something strange about my heart rhythm - CNET

When I first started testing out the new EKG feature on the Apple Watch Series 4 -- available Thursday via the free Watch OS 5.1.2software upgrade -- the last thing I expected was to find something abnormal with my heart rhythm. But that's exactly what happened when I was cross-referencing the Watch's readings with medical-grade EKG equipment at the doctor's office.

"We see on your Apple Watch the same early heartbeat that we see on the EKG," said Dr. Gregory Marcus, professor of medicine and a cardiac electrophysiologist at UCSF Medical Center as I sat on the hospital bed with cables attached to my body and an Apple Watch Series 4 on my wrist.

David Parke and Jason Tate like this.
  6. dorfmac

Trusted

Ok, so prior to 5.1.1 the watch was compatible with third party chargers. Updating to 5.1.1 rendered them incompatible. Has anyone been able to find anywhere if that functionality has been restored upon updating to 5.1.2?

7. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

Got surprised with a Series 3 last night! First time Apple Watch user so I'm pretty excited. I've been using a Fitbit Charge 2 for about 2 years so I'm not completely new to the smartwatch game but this seems like a whole new dimension.

Any go-to tips or tricks?

Jason Tate likes this.
  8. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

think I'm gonna buy my GF a watch 4 for christmas. she has a series 1 and complains its so slow

Jason Tate likes this.
  9. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

kinda want one myself, but would prefer the cellular version so I can be phone less sometimes

10. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Apple Watch user discovers A-fib heart issue with new ECG app, ‘this probably saved you,’ says doctor

As users are getting their Apple Watches updated, one user on Reddit found an unexpected result after taking their ECG: it came back with A-fib (atrial fibrillation). Naturally, as Apple even states themselves, the Apple Watch can return false-positives at times. So he tried “again and again and again”, and it still returned A-fib.

The user then proceeded to put it on his wife, and to his surprise, it returned normal results, multiple times. He even put it on his other wrist just to make sure. It still returned A-fib for him.

He then headed to a walk-in clinic, and told them that his Apple Watch was showing him that he had A-fib. Surprised, he bypassed the entire queue at the clinic, which had a full parking lot.

He was taken to the back and got hooked up to do another ECG. Again, it returns A-fib. The doctor comes in and told him, “This probably saved you. I read about this last night and thought we would see an upswing this week. I didn’t expect it first thing this morning.”

disambigujason likes this.
  11. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

so cool

13. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

I’ve performed at least 30 tests since the feature went live lol.

David Parke likes this.
  14. First chorus post from my new iPhone! Went with a gold Xs.

15. dorfmac

Trusted

Does chorus not plug in with apple news? My page hasn’t updated for a while @Jason Tate

Attached Files:

16. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Hey anyone had issues with itunes refusing to update the iPhone? Trying to upgrade my girlfriend's iPhone 6 from iOS 11 to 12.1, and iTunes keeps giving me a failed to install error 14.

I tried a soft reset like Apple suggests, and it forces me to restore the phone and immediately tries to force the update again without booting the phone up completely, so I can't even try just updating OTA at this point.

I still have High Sierra on my Macbook.. don't know if that could be it? My iTunes is up to date though.

17. RyanPm40

Okay it actually looks like the third try did it.. so bizarre that it would fail twice in a row

Definitely have never had that happen on Android, I'm pretty sure that would just straight up brick an Android phone so I'm actually impressed how easy it is to soft reset and fix things

18. I had some weird issues yesterday. I was on the 12.1.1 GM but not the 12.1.1 official release so iTunes kept telling me I needed and update but wouldn’t update. I was able to log into my buddy’s dev account and download the official ipsw and install that. Relatively painless but it was a weird bug I had to get around in order to get my ECG working on my watch.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  19. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Hi everybody, I'm looking for advice again. Should I install Mojave on my girlfriends 2012 MacBook Air? Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

eight30 likes this.
  20. The jump from the 6s to the Xs is intense.

Christian Romero and pauljgreco like this.
  21. How is high Sierra running on that 4GB of ram? I’d say there’s nothing in Mojave you NEED enough if you’re worried about productivity. What’s she do on it? Might be ok for YouTube and word processing. Outside of that could be pushing that thing a little bit.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  22. RyanPm40

Finally got Mojave! Seems to run well on my 2014 MBP. For some reason it keeps choosing my 2.4ghz network over my 5ghz network even though the latter is set to be my preferred. Not sure if that's just my network tho.

I haven't really noticed anything very different, other than dark mode, a news app and the app store looks revamped. But I'm currently using dark mode and digging it.

23. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

I love dark mode on Mojave so much. Each time I open something new and see it for the first time I smile.

RyanPm40 and Jason Tate like this.
  24. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

She actually only upgraded to High Sierra recently. Somethings work better since them, some things have gotten worse. Anyway, I’ll probably not do it then. Thanks!