Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple Company • Page 411

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

I’ve never really had connectivity issues with the UE but it also rarely leaves the room I’m in; the voice operation is indeed a big sell though, especially since it now works with Xbox. If it’s comparable to the boom that sounds sufficient. Think I may throw it on the Christmas list.

Also, got my stickers yesterday. They look great, going on the laptop. thanks!

Jason Tate likes this.
  2. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

Today when signing into Digitalocean Safari autosuggested the 2FA code from iMessage that had just been sent. Amazing.

David Parke likes this.
  3. I'm really not a big fan of Dark Mode on macOS. Everything just looks kind of weird to me - especially when I'm writing a paper or an email. I still can't wait for a dark mode on iOS though.

4. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

Neither am I. I switched out of it almost immediately.

Christian Romero likes this.
  5. I like it at night only. I turn it on when the sun goes down and I'm doing late night work. It feels easier on the eyes. But I wouldn't use it 100% of the time.

6. Christian Romero and David Parke like this.
  7. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Apple now giving 10% discount to military, which is nice. I've typically just bought apple products (outside of iPhones) on base to not pay sales tax but that's a better deal now.

David Parke likes this.
  8. Just shared that news with my nephew. He’s STOKED!

9. Apple's trade-in deal right now is a steal. $799 for an XS with my 6S trade-in.

10. Christian Romero and David Parke like this.
  11. Fun with charts: The iPad bests the MacBook
    You might say it’s not fair to compare these devices because the iPad Pro is a computer but not a PC. But even if you don’t buy the fact that the iPad Pro is perhaps the best value in terms of processor performance in Apple’s mobile product lineup today, you’ve got to admire the power of that eight-core A12X Bionic processor. The only MacBooks that can beat it right now in overall score are the two fastest 15-inch MacBook Pro models.

(For those who are concerned that only measuring multi-processor scores is unfair because so many software tasks aren’t multithreaded and have to push a single processor core to the limit—don’t sweat it. The iPad Pro still comes out on top in all the single-core versions of these measurements.)

More starkly, it’s clear from the above chart that Apple’s chip design team is killing it, because all four of the top items on the chart are iPads. Of course a MacBook comes with a keyboard and a trackpad and the iPads don’t! It’s not a perfect comparison. But it’s still interesting, when you start to consider what Apple could do with their own processors inside Mac laptops.

12. How to visualize your Apple Music listening history, including top songs, artists, and more
    Thanks to GDPR, Apple now offers a way to view and download all of the data it has collected from you over the years. Australian developer Pat Murray has created an incredibly interesting tool that is able to visualize your Apple Music year in review.

To use Murray’s tool, you first need to head to Apple’s Data and Privacy portal. Here, you’ll want to select “Request a copy of your data.” You can choose to download all of the data Apple has on you, but for the purposes of analyzing Apple Music listening history, you just need the “Apple Media Services information” data.

13. Wow I wish this was a thing when I got my XS. That's awesome!

Jason Tate likes this.
  14. This is so cool. I want to replace everything I do with an iPad so badly. It's almost there! I can feel it.

Jason Tate likes this.
  15. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

16. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

17. dorfmac

Trusted

18. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

Used Peel in the past. Super thin, but try not to remove it - case starts to get warped and then fits must more loose and dust and grit will get caught behind it. Had another one that cracked on the corner and Peel was really good about it and sent me a new one.

Currently living the semi-naked life with my 8 Plus - keep it in a FitBag sleeve (can be found on amazon, hand-made in Germany). Offers some okay protection but allows me to use the phone without a case the rest of the time. No help if you drop your phone while using it though.

Jason Tate likes this.
  19. What's a good totally plain black case for the XS?

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  20. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

21. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

cryates likes this.
  22. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Dirty Sanchez and TylerDrumming like this.
  23. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

the apple leather cases are great, if you can shell out $50-60 for it.

24. dorfmac

Trusted