Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple Company • Page 410

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. If true, that it’s super low ... we’ll know next quarter.

Christian Romero likes this.
  2. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

3. delvec19

Trusted

What kind of iPad should I get if I literally just want one to stream video perfectly and that's it? I don't want to spend a lot of money, I won't use it that much besides for that reason.

Whats the best course of action to getting one? Should I look for one used or refurbished? What's trustworthy way of getting one? Should I try those market type apps like offerup or facebook marketplace? or buy one refurbished from apple or best buy?

4. cryates Nov 29, 2018
    (Last edited: Nov 29, 2018)
    cryates

Trusted Prestigious

I’d spring for this honestly. My wife has this one and it’s fantastic for the most basic stuff.

Apple Begins Selling Certified Refurbished Sixth-Generation 9.7-Inch iPads at 15% Discount

5. Dave Diddy likes this.
  6. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

narrator: they aren't.

David Parke and Jason Tate like this.
  7. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

I love how upset the media is that they won't be reporting actual unit figures moving forward. Probably upset because that's one less story to spin.

8. delvec19

Trusted

Do you think the iPad Air 2 still runs well? That's more in my price range.

9. I think the $329 iPad is one of the best deals in the company's lineup. I forgot if it has a different name, but I'd look at that one.

10. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Depends on the price, but it's probably still plenty good for light stuff. Splashing a little more cash for one of those refurb 9.7" models (which were just released this year) would probably be the better value from a longevity standpoint, but the Air 2 at a reasonable price (like $200 or less) should be fine.

11. delvec19

Trusted

Yeah I see one in great condition for $160. Think I'm gonna pounce on it.

12. My iPad air 2 still runs perfectly

sean_rugy, delvec19 and Jason Tate like this.
  13. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

dango i'm in the same boat. i want to get back into sketching and i've been eyeing the ipad pro for a while now.

should i just get this refurbished one + apple pencil or should i wait and save for the newer ipad? since i'm only using for illustrations, is there gonna be a noticeable difference between the two generations?

14. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

I don't think there will be a noticeable difference tbh. I have the 10.5" Pro and it's an absolute beast.

Arry likes this.
  15. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

I use Procreate a lot on a 9.7 pro and it’s still very quick. I’m in a bunch of Facebook groups for design apps and whatnot too and people seem to love the 10.5. Im sure the 11 runs like a dream but refurb’d 10.5 sounds like best value, I often wish my screen was a tad bigger.

Arry likes this.
  16. delvec19

Trusted

Even on the latest iOS?

17. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

892CF055-26A8-4222-A855-08B7738ED3AC.png
    First time I’ve seen this as the weather status. Really made my breaktime walk outside enjoyable

sean_rugy likes this.
  18. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

19. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

No, just the stock Weather app

20. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

that's exactly what i was going to use it for. i used my coworker's ipad with procreate and it convinced me. thank you!

disambigujason likes this.
  21. "Alexa, play Bebe Rexha on Apple Music"
    Apple Music subscribers will be able to enjoy Apple Music’s 50 million songs on Echo devices. Customers will be able to ask Alexa to play their favorite songs, artists, and albums — or any of the playlists made by Apple Music’s editors from around the world, covering many activities and moods. Customers will also be able to ask Alexa to stream expert-made radio stations centered on popular genres like Hip-Hop, decades like the 80s, and even music from around the world, like K-Pop. Just ask Alexa to play Beats 1 to hear Apple Music’s global livestream including in-depth artist interviews — all completely ad-free. Simply enable the Apple Music skill in the Alexa app and link your account to start listening.

Nice!

Anthony Brooks and delvec19 like this.
  22. sean_rugy likes this.
  23. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Glad I could help. For what it’s worth I recently started dabbling a bit in Affinity Photo and Designer too and they run cleanly as well. I’m a total noob so I can’t speak for power users but sounds like you should be good.

Do you have an echo device/can you comment on sound quality? I use the UE mini boom as a bathroom/shower speaker and I’m pleased with the sound but often wish I didn’t need my phone to control it. HomePod is too expensive for now so these look cool.

Arry likes this.
  24. I have two actually ... the original tall plastic Echo has very bad sound quality for a music speaker. I've listened to music on it, but only for like a few minutes because I was trying to find a song lyric. The UE Mini Boom is much better than that one. I have one of those too and use it in the bathroom. I also have the second generation Echo Plus. I'd say the sound is a little better in the high range compared to the UE, and a little too boomy in the low range, for my tastes, but over all it's pretty good. Like, for a speaker in the kitchen to play some music on, or something like that ... I am pretty happy with what it puts out. And it is a lot easier to just say "hey dingus play this song" than it is to turn on a bluetooth speaker, wait for it to connect, play around until you get it connected, watch it fail twice, then finally connect, and play a song. And then walk to the next room and have your phone disconnect. Haha. So, yeah, while it's not on the HomePod level of sound, I think the extra benefits of being able to order from Amazon + it works with Nest + HomeKit and now Apple Music, I'm happy I saved the money and got this one on sale.