Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple Company • Page 409

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. dorfmac

Trusted

that's exactly the type of thing i'm looking for, but that is way off what i'm looking for aesthetically, and more than i'd like to pay. maybe my standards are too high - i'll prob just order one of the amazon ones and send it back if it sucks and try again. thanks though!

2. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

Went with the iPhone XS. Excited to get home and start playing around with it

3. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

Absolutely! It's like my ideal setup aesthetically. I've been waiting for them to make a dock like that and I'm glad they did. Not ideal price wise but yeah. If you try one out definitely report back and let us know how it is though!

4. jorbjorb

7 rings

My gf got the X at a discount. She upgraded from a 5s and is blown away lol.

5. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

Made the jump from the 6s to the XR yesterday. Got way too good of a deal to pass up - $0 for the 128GB. The difference between a 16GB 6s is already mind blowing, excited to really dig deep into some new features.

David Parke and pauljgreco like this.
  6. TheBaroness

a burst and I'm awake now Supporter

The XR is an amazing phone, I’m so impressed with my mother's. Incredible battery life, too. I'm kinda surprised the demand for this phone isn’t higher but I think it’ll pick up once people see in person just how good it is.

7. marsupial jones

so far very happy with the XS. got it yesterday around 6ish and spent pretty much all night and day with it running apps / podcasts / radio stations / music and it still had 4% battery life when i got home around 8ish.

only downside is that it's taking forever to charge. unless it suddenly speeds up it's only charged about 30% in almost an hour. gonna have to buy an extra charger to keep at work just in case.

8. TheBaroness

a burst and I'm awake now Supporter

Not sure what charger you’re using but I’d definitely recommend one that’s at least 12 watts for the X models, it will reduce your charging time considerably

marsupial jones and Jason Tate like this.
  9. marsupial jones likes this.
  10. marsupial jones

i'm using the one that came with the damn phone lol

11. Heh. Yeah. They fuck yah!

12. The battery life on my XS is really rad. I end the day with at least 30%, with me going through a full day of classes and work, then I just charge the phone overnight. The battery life is by far my favorite part of the phone so far, coming from a 6S.

I think that once iOS supports external hard drives I’m going to try to use an iPad Pro as my main machine. All I do is edit and post podcasts as well as write a lot, so I think it would be perfect. The hardware is just so nice, I want it so bad.

Jason Tate likes this.
  13. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

I love the Walkie-Talkie feature on the watch, if only to communicate across the house to my wife or to my mom like 15 miles away, but they need to make it auto-disconnect after like five/ten minutes of being inactive. It's slightly annoying that I have to manually turn it off.

David Parke likes this.
  14. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

I got a Leef 3 to use for work, might be worth looking into.

Christian Romero likes this.
  15. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

David Parke likes this.
  16. dorfmac

Trusted

ryanfears likes this.
  18. cryates Nov 28, 2018
    (Last edited: Nov 28, 2018)
    cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Pretty sure (like 75%) that additional complications, including messages, are in the current beta.

Edit: Yep
    Apple Seeds Second Beta of watchOS 5.1.2 to Developers
    As was discovered in the first beta, the watchOS 5.1.2 update introduces new complications for the two Infograph watch faces on the Apple Watch Series 4. New complications include Mail, Messages, Home, Maps, Apple News, Find My Friends, Phone, and Remote.

Sean Murphy, dorfmac and David Parke like this.
  19. dorfmac

Trusted

This is fantastic news for me. There are one or two faces that i really like already, but they aren't as good as a fully fleshed out infograph.

cryates likes this.
  20. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Agreed. I'll try to use another watch face every once in a while, but I always go back to the analog Infograph face for really two reasons...anything I ever need to see right at a glance and the pretty colors.

21. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

i love infograph but need messages on it so this is a+ news

David Parke likes this.
  22. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

sean_rugy and Jason Tate like this.
  23. I was told it was a failure already wweeeeirrdddd

David Parke, pauljgreco and cryates like this.
  24. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

It’s the same narrative every year. Rinse and repeat.

Jason Tate likes this.
  25. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

Boy I rarely say this but I kind of have to agree with the comment section on that article. Just because it's the best selling iPhone doesn't necessarily mean it's doing as well as Apple expected and that they aren't looking to cut production. XS sales could be super low, to the point where it isn't really bragging to say you're beating it haha. Apple is fine and all the talk is overblown like it is every year but I would be interested to see some actual sales numbers and projections etc.