Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple Company • Page 408

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Tweet at them. Usually that works. Haha.

Ryan Gardner likes this.
  2. eight30

Regular

I got the XR today. The jump from my 6 to any phone would have made me happy but this one is really cool. And I got it in the red.

3. The red is sharp

I picked up a Smart Keyboard folio for my Pro today - it’s a ton better and sturdier than the smart keyboards for the previous generation pro’s

ZooZooChaCha and Jason Tate like this.
  4. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

Yes, old pro used to fall off the bed all the time! This is sturdy and feels like a proper case without adding excessive bulk.

Also, just learned that if you pull left in iMessage you get time stamps? Holy shit. How haven’t I realized this until now.

Jason Tate likes this.
  5. Ryan G

Moderator Moderator

Looks like my Watch just didn’t have the latest software update. All set! Always find it amusing to get a brand new piece of technology and have to update it immediately

Jason Tate likes this.
  6. Hahah, always funny (annoying).

Ryan Gardner likes this.
  7. Iain

Regular

8. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

probably getting an iPhone tomorrow. haven't had one / a smart phone since 2015 so i don't know what generation that one was. i haven't heard many good things about the X/XR so i was thinking of going with the 7/8/9 instead. sucks that none of them have a headphone jack anymore though that blows :verysad:

9. The X(S)/XR is way better.

David Parke likes this.
  10. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

i mainly will be using it for podcasts, audiobooks, pictures (nothing fancy, just ones for work of products and set designs), music and random youtube videos and such. for those particular things, would it still be worth it to go with the newer models or no? even with a 7/8/9 i know i'll still only be using about 2% of what it's capable of :crylaugh:

11. The camera alone is worth it imo.

David Parke likes this.
  12. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Comes down to budget, really. I will always feel jealous of better cameras but the sticker shock of the new gens (save for maybe the XR) is significant and the increased specs are largely meaningless to me.

13. You’ll get more mileage with an XR. Literally no reason not to go with that. No dongle included though if a headphone jack is a deal breaker for you. That seems so trivial. I see absolutely no use for it now, let alone a year from now.

Jason Tate likes this.
  14. eight30

Regular

I just got the XR and I was deciding between that and an 8 but figured I might as well get the newest rather than a phone already a couple cycles behind. The price difference wasn’t much. Also I saw the headphone adapter at Target for 9 dollars and I’m sure can be less expensive elsewhere.

15. cryates Nov 26, 2018
    (Last edited: Nov 26, 2018)
    cryates

Trusted Prestigious

I didn’t think the display size increase on the S4 Watch would be a big deal, but I actively want to use it for communication now. I think the S4 Watch is probably the best product Apple has ever made as a complete package. I have no problem leaving my phone at the house when I’m running out and about.

David Parke likes this.
  16. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

are they no longer putting the lightening to headphone adapter in new phone packages?

17. Nope, just the headphones now.

18. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

I've got about 15 of those adapters if anyone needs one. I have four or five in my car alone.

19. dorfmac Nov 26, 2018
    (Last edited: Nov 26, 2018)
    dorfmac

Trusted

Who's got a recommendation for a phone/airpod/watch wireless charging stand? There are a bunch on Amazon, they all seem pretty similar in function, but I'm sure some of them are plain shit. Needs to be a one-cord system and series 4 compatible, which some don't seem to be.

20. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Just wait two more years for AirPower

On a serious note though, I believe the Watch cannot charge wirelessly unless it was the AirPower. Current gen AirPods definitely cannot charge wirelessly.

Jason Tate and David Parke like this.
  21. dorfmac

Trusted

understood on the airpods - the bedside/desk stands i'm looking at just have a place for the airpods to plug in. i'm looking for something like this, but series 4 friendly

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07K33Z99F/?tag=absolutepunk-20

22. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

23. Nomad have a nice one.

24. dorfmac

Trusted

i had seen their hub, but it's $120 and sold out :(

25. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

Material Dock
    Funny enough, this was just announced today!