Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple Company • Page 407

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Man what a badass gift. Good on ya @Max_123

3. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

Yeah I'm not very familiar with this Tom Warren guy but jesus he comes off like a smug asshole. "The rest of us hard working people", what a condescending generalization to make. And to top it off with a "don't @ me", fucking clown shoes.

David Parke likes this.
  4. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

I like a few of the Verge folks, like Dieter Bohn and Casey Newton, but Nilay and Tom are certainly insufferable.

5. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

He seems very pro surface which is odd

6. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

Yikes@ that hot take. Fucking eyeroll.

7. I’ve been using this iPad with the keyboard so much I never give it a run as an iPad. It’s awesome in every way.

8. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

So I’m gonna upgrade my phone this weekend (iPhone 7 Plus). Anyone have any experience with any of the three new iPhones? I’m honestly leaning toward the iPhone XS Max because I do enjoy the bigger screen size and my work comps my phone bill so it’s essentially on them.

Thoughts?

9. If you want a big phone, that’s the one to get for sure imo. If you want slightly smaller, the XR is a great device.

GrantCloud likes this.
  10. Zoshchenko

Trusted Supporter

Is 1Blocker still the move for content blockers on iOS/Mojave?

11. Zoshchenko likes this.
  12. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

My parents are upgrading from their 5S to the Xr today haha

Jason Tate likes this.
  13. TheBaroness

a burst and I'm awake now Supporter

Wow this is a terrible take. I run a fairly large business from my iPad Pro, as do many others. These tech bubble people really are insufferable.

14. TheBaroness

a burst and I'm awake now Supporter

Not to mention, working on the iPad actually hinders my ability to ‘dick around’ because the way the multi-tasking is set up means it’s harder to get distracted by having multiple windows, Twitter etc open when I’m trying to do stuff. On the iPad it’s get in, get what you need to do done with 100% of your focus and attention, get out.

David Parke and pauljgreco like this.
  15. ZooZooChaCha Nov 21, 2018
    (Last edited: Nov 21, 2018)
    ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

Seen so many of “these specific laptop workflows do not work the same way on the iPad, therefore iPad does not = laptop”. That’s the point Jonathan Morrison makes in his latest video - the negative reviews of the iPad Pro have been akin to someone stuffing hay in their car and wondering why it isn’t working - hint it isn’t a horse.

Spoiler: He edits professional looking YouTube footage using nothing but the iPad Pro and actually has fun doing it.

Well worth a watch just to see someone who obviously started the process with an open mind, but expecting to have a tough time be totally blown away about how fun and easy it was.

16. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Never used it, because I have no reason to edit video, but Luma Fusion looks absolutely stellar in that JM video.

17. Syre Dream

Regular

Finally got myself the new Apple Watch and I love it

David Parke likes this.
  18. I’m a video editor and am waiting for Final Cut Mobile. I used avid’s Touch edit app (I forget the name by now) when the iPad first came out and it was ok but I never really took to it - hell I’ve never taken to any iOS editor. The hard part is that since it’s my livelihood, deliverables need to be prores or higher and we have to deliver mixes and textless passes etc. maybe the 1TB could do it but only really one project at a time. At least for my business, I almost always have to at least have a 12TB RAID handy. Once they get some kind of true proxy-based cloud workflow that can interface with the full res media and project on a Mac at some home base or studio system, it’ll become viable for me. That said, cutting podcasts or quick little videos for my blog would be rad on this.

19. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

Another one from Jonathan today, thought it’s an interesting subject for this board as well:

Jason Tate, sean_rugy and cryates like this.
  21. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

Great song, great commercial.

22. SeeTheLights

Trusted Prestigious

What does everyone use for wireless chargers here?

23. dorfmac

Trusted

Whatever good deal I find tomorrow that has watch charging too

24. SeeTheLights

Trusted Prestigious

The shitty thing is I got a belkin valet charger back a few phones ago and it has a watch one but apparently it’s no longer supported with the XS Max anymore so have to plug in old style. May pick up the pixel stand tomorrow since it’s on sale at BB for wireless charging

25. Ryan G

Moderator Moderator

I just got a s3 Apple Watch. So far so good on setup. However, for some reason I'm unable to see Overcast app or add it to he Watch at all? Anyone had this issue?