Apple Company • Page 4

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Probably a little of both. For one I think it's more of a nerdy feature. It's not that discoverable. It's maybe like a keyboard shortcut on the Mac, if you know it's there is really helpful, but most people never use them. Also it's probably used less each day than anything else, but I may argue it goes less noticed. I find myself using it as reflex at times and missing it without noticing I'm pushing too hard on the iPad.

So while I don't think it's essential, I do think it's helpful and I get a benefit from it daily.

stnewton likes this.
  2. Jacob Tender

breaker.audio @podchasmfm @banthafodderfm Supporter

Interesting. I can see how quick actions for mail or todo apps on the home screen would be useful. Come on fall event...

Jason Tate likes this.
  3. Drew Beringer

@drewberinger Moderator

I use force touch/3D touch all the time on my watch phone and machine - love it one of my favorite features yet.

3D touch on the phone for emailing and app shortcuts are the best.

4. Jacob Tender

I look forward to playing with it. More than anything, I look forward to purchasing a phone with an adequate amount of space. Never again, 16GB.

5. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

16GB is the worst. I finally went for 64 last year and have 0 regrets. Even though I did buy the phone off contract so it was just a tad bit expensive hah.

6. thethingis

Meet me in Montauk. Supporter

I wanted 64 gb but they only had 128 left by the time I got to the store and I was impatient haha. Super glad I did though because I filled it up like 3 months later haha.

7. cryates

Go Braves Prestigious

I thought I could never fill up a 128gb phone...then Apple Music came along

8. Jacob Tender

That's crazy. I could probably fill a 64 if I really tried, but idk if I want to commit to 128. What do you fill the storage with?

9. Woah. What do you have on it? I don't come close on even my iPad and it's 128.

10. thethingis

I'm down to ~90 gb filled but I started listening to podcasts and stupidly decided to listen to back catalogues for my favorites instead of picking up from when I started, so I downloaded everything as far back as I could. Right now I have 45 gb podcasts, 40 of my own music, plus under a gig each from a handful of other apps.

Jason Tate likes this.
  11. Snewt

Does whatever a spider can. Prestigious

That's a fuck ton of podcasts, ha

12. Jacob Tender

I've done that, but never in one go. That's a lot of space. Still, having that as an option is awesome.

13. Drew Beringer

@drewberinger Moderator

Jason Tate likes this.
  14. troyplaysbass

reunion tour Supporter

I've been using my charger with the extension for as long as I've had a Macbook. I honestly forget that it even comes apart most of the time.

15. Jacob Tender

Same.

16. Drew Beringer

@drewberinger Moderator

Since getting a new retina pro I rarely charge my machine - although I may be selling it soon so I can get a space gray MacBook

17. Jacob Tender

I'm holding out for the Skylake MacBook Pro, as much as I fancy the idea of owning a MacBook.

18. thethingis

What is this Skylake you speak of?

19. Snewt

Does whatever a spider can. Prestigious

I wish I could have waited for Skylake but I had to bite the bullet last year on a 15" retina. I love the heck out of this computer though. I'm hoping to get a 5K 27" to replace my 4 year-old 27" iMac sometime soon, those things look beautiful.

Jacob Tender likes this.
  20. Jacob Tender

21. thethingis

Jacob Tender likes this.
  22. Jacob Tender

Should be a good time to make the jump. 11" and 13" should be coming this summer, 15" a couple of months later probably.

23. Deanna and Jacob Tender like this.
  24. Nick

@fangclubb Supporter