Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple Company • Page 4

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Probably a little of both. For one I think it's more of a nerdy feature. It's not that discoverable. It's maybe like a keyboard shortcut on the Mac, if you know it's there is really helpful, but most people never use them. Also it's probably used less each day than anything else, but I may argue it goes less noticed. I find myself using it as reflex at times and missing it without noticing I'm pushing too hard on the iPad.

So while I don't think it's essential, I do think it's helpful and I get a benefit from it daily.

stnewton likes this.
  2. Interesting. I can see how quick actions for mail or todo apps on the home screen would be useful. Come on fall event...

Jason Tate likes this.
  3. I use force touch/3D touch all the time on my watch phone and machine - love it one of my favorite features yet.

3D touch on the phone for emailing and app shortcuts are the best.

4. I look forward to playing with it. More than anything, I look forward to purchasing a phone with an adequate amount of space. Never again, 16GB.

5. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

16GB is the worst. I finally went for 64 last year and have 0 regrets. Even though I did buy the phone off contract so it was just a tad bit expensive hah.

6. thethingis

Meet me in Montauk. Prestigious

I wanted 64 gb but they only had 128 left by the time I got to the store and I was impatient haha. Super glad I did though because I filled it up like 3 months later haha.

7. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

I thought I could never fill up a 128gb phone...then Apple Music came along

8. That's crazy. I could probably fill a 64 if I really tried, but idk if I want to commit to 128. What do you fill the storage with?

9. Woah. What do you have on it? I don't come close on even my iPad and it's 128.

10. thethingis

I'm down to ~90 gb filled but I started listening to podcasts and stupidly decided to listen to back catalogues for my favorites instead of picking up from when I started, so I downloaded everything as far back as I could. Right now I have 45 gb podcasts, 40 of my own music, plus under a gig each from a handful of other apps.

Jason Tate likes this.
  11. Snewt

Does whatever a spider can. Prestigious

That's a fuck ton of podcasts, ha

12. I've done that, but never in one go. That's a lot of space. Still, having that as an option is awesome.

13. Jason Tate likes this.
  14. I've been using my charger with the extension for as long as I've had a Macbook. I honestly forget that it even comes apart most of the time.

15. Same.

16. Since getting a new retina pro I rarely charge my machine - although I may be selling it soon so I can get a space gray MacBook

17. I'm holding out for the Skylake MacBook Pro, as much as I fancy the idea of owning a MacBook.

18. thethingis

What is this Skylake you speak of?

19. Snewt

Does whatever a spider can. Prestigious

I wish I could have waited for Skylake but I had to bite the bullet last year on a 15" retina. I love the heck out of this computer though. I'm hoping to get a 5K 27" to replace my 4 year-old 27" iMac sometime soon, those things look beautiful.

Jacob Tender likes this.
  20. thethingis

Jacob Tender likes this.
  21. Should be a good time to make the jump. 11" and 13" should be coming this summer, 15" a couple of months later probably.

22. Deanna and Jacob Tender like this.
  23. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious