Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple Company • Page 395

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. cbronder1

Regular

Hoping for a new Mac Mini at this Apple event in a few days

Christian Romero and David Parke like this.
    jorbjorb likes this.
  3. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

LightWithoutHeat and RyanPm40 like this.
  4. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

i've often wondered when apple would try to move into the tv/movie streaming game.

5. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

Part of me wonders if Apple intentionally delayed the XR just because they didn't want to cannibalize sales from the XS and XS Max.

disambigujason and David Parke like this.
  6. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

My girlfriend has a mid 2012 MacBook Air. Is it a good idea to upgrade to Mojave?

7. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Anybody who pre-ordered the XR get shipping notifications yet? Really excited about this release.

8. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

I have a Macbook air from mid 2013 and it's been fine on Mojave.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  9. I wrote about how I did this here:

Creating a Simple App Launcher With a Custom Icon for iOS • chorus.fm

Basically just created a simple HTML web clip, and converted it to base 64 to get it on the phone easier. Stole the idea from how Siri Shortcuts does it.

10. jeff.dart

Regular

what are people's thoughts on jumping from a 7 plus to the xr? Verizon has some pretty good deals right now, and trying to see if it's worth the change. The main downside I see is not having the dual lens, but gaining some better battery life, a bigger screen, smaller overall foot print, performance bump/future proofing, all of which seems like a good enough trade off. Looking for more input. Thanks!

11. I'm recommending the XR to basically everyone in my family. It seems like a really, really awesome phone. If you can, I would for sure check it out in a store to see what you think. But, overall, I think that it would be a really nice upgrade from a 7 plus.

12. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I’m using a MacBook but really want to try an app that is Windows exclusive. What would be the best way to do this?

I have used wine but it requires a reboot every time I switch and that would be a hassle.

13. Iain

Regular

What does everyone use for their Twitter client? I am thinking of going to the official twitter app.

Ps Tweetbot please stop putting pop ups on the app to buy you a coffee.

14. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

i've tried tweetbot after crazy good reviews from chorus folk but i never really liked it, i use the standard twitter app and it gets the job done for me

himynameisiain likes this.
  15. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

I think so. Unless your GF is a creative.. a bunch of coworkers and I have compatibility problems with the adobe suite. Will probably be resolved in the future, but currently its annoying lol

16. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

She’s not, but I use that stuff on my 2017 MacBook Pro - should I not install Mojave?

17. chris-wrecker

Trusted

Had to exchange my Xs last night, was randomly rebooting. Sometimes I would manually have to turn it back on. Anybody else have an issues?

18. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

I use the Twitter app, but I'm a decently light twitter user. I mostly just have the mobile notifications for the bands/people that I want to see all tweets from, and the rest I just browse once a day or so. I probably post tweets once a week.

19. The official app's ads and timeline are worse than a free 5.0 update asking for 99 cents IMO.

Plus, Tweetbot's Pumpkin theme is the amazing and worth the buck.

Definitely still the best Twitter client. (Twitteriffic is the only other real option.)

TheBaroness and Drew Beringer like this.
  20. Kevin360

Someday I’ll find me Prestigious

Wife busted her screen (in a sturdy case, mind you) on the Xs this morning. Off to the Apple Store an hour away this afternoon.

A month is better than the “day of” that she busted her 8 last year.

21. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

my favorite part of going to the apple store for repairs is watching the facial expressions of parents who were until that moment completely unaware of how expensive repairing their child's phone will be.

pauljgreco, sean_rugy and David Parke like this.
  22. :cringe:

23. Love that Apple Care.

24. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

not a ship stopper, but small things like font rendering and space bar movement gets wonky. minor things but it's workable