Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple Company • Page 393

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

pauljgreco likes this.
  2. So I use the settings app’s scheduled DND mode and have for a few years. Any reason you don’t go that route? I’ve also setup the bedtime feature in the clock app which has a cool built in reminder for me to “go to sleep” when I’m up late if I wanna be able to get a full 8 hours (what I’ve told it I want to get). My time asleep is then logged in the health app. (I believe it knows this when the phone has stopped moving and is charging to the moment it’s not?) This bedtime feature also serves as my alarm clock and the chime is FAR more soothing and subtle than a “Siri wake me up at...” alarm sound. Not even sure if you can set the bedtime sound as an alarm sound actually

Anyway, love the other stuff in there. May add to my routine and see if I’m into it

Separately, anyone using a VPN app on their phone? I use OpenVPN with my Unblock.us account but amazon never wants to load when the VPN is on. Anyone experience this or something similar with VPN?

3. I have DND scheduled as well and have kept it on. And I tried the bedtime feature, but, have turned it off because it didn't work with my schedule. I never go to bed at the same time each day. Sometimes it's early, some time it's 1 AM. So it wasn't helping me because I'd just always hit "not now" on it or ignore it completely. This way I can dictate when I am actually going to bed. And since it was easy enough to toss DND into it, I did that as well, in the rare chance I wake up earlier than it's set to turn off and I am actually getting up, or calling it an early night.

I use PIA on my phone, but only every now and again, but usually only if I'm on some weird wi-fi or need to watch a blacked out sporting event. Haha.

David Parke likes this.
  4. Unblock.us hasn’t worked for MLB for me lately. You getting blacked out MLB games too?

5. Last time I had to use it for that was Yankees/Mariners and it worked for me here in Portland.

6. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

The 10/30 event invites that were sent out had a bunch of different logos on them. Saw this go from 20 to 370 throughout the day. Some really cool ones in there!

Jason Tate likes this.
  7. stoked for potential new iPads - excited about this Xr preorder I think it's gonna be a highly successful phone

pauljgreco likes this.
  8. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

if they release an all screen ipad there's no stopping me

ZooZooChaCha and Jason Tate like this.
  9. Most of the first hands on videos for the XR make the screen difference seem pretty negligible, and the only camera features that are missing are the stage lighting effects on the front-facing camera and the 2x zoom, neither of which I would use. That, and the size is perfect. For $6 more than my 6S per month it seems like a no-brainer.

10. Hannah ordered a white XR last night.

It's a little weird they don't have cases available. Kinda worries me.

Drew Beringer likes this.
  11. Also, what's the best glass screen protector?

12. Kevin360

Someday I’ll find me Prestigious

I think I might just give in on AirPods since the prevailing rumors are saying next year.

13. I'd at least wait until October 30th just to see if they get announced. It's only a couple weeks. I don't think they're rumored for it, but you never know.

David Parke likes this.
  14. Kevin360

Someday I’ll find me Prestigious

Yeah. That’s what I’m thinking too.

I’m just so impatient about it all of a sudden. Haha.

Jason Tate likes this.
  15. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

I think the Xr is going to be stupid popular. It's a pretty wonderful looking device, and it's nice to see an iPhone with fun character. This one feels worlds better than what the 5c was supposed to be at the time.

sean_rugy and pauljgreco like this.
  16. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

17. Bloomberg really looks like they fucked up that one.

18. Yeah I found that bizarre too

Jason Tate likes this.
  19. Hope that gets changed, cause ... want a case before the phone comes ...

20. Anthony Brooks likes this.
  21. Bloomberg isn't going to budge and is gonna take their story to the grave because if they offer a retraction then they won't exist as a magazine anymore

pauljgreco and David Parke like this.
  22. TheBaroness

a burst and I'm awake now Supporter

Interested to see the XR in the flesh - I convinced my mother to upgrade her 7 Plus to the XR over the XS Max since she wouldn’t notice the difference between the two and it’s a saving of $600. I think it’s going to be a game changer for Apple. I might even be tempted to sell my XS Max and swap to the XR if the battery life is as good as has been rumoured - honestly been super disappointed with my XS Max battery which runs down very quickly with only light web/Twitter browsing.

pauljgreco likes this.
  23. I feel like the new Tweetbot logo is scowling at me from my home screen.

Christian Romero likes this.
  24. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

That made me search for the app on the App Store and damn, why does he look so aggressive?

pauljgreco likes this.
  25. DO NOT OPEN TWITTER OR I WILL EAT YOUR FACE.

I think it's just being honest about what's inside.