Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple Company • Page 359

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Interesting. I'll have to look into the settings more and see if I can figure it out.

2. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

I turn off notifications for almost all of my apps. It's liberating.

ECV, sean_rugy, beachdude42 and 4 others like this.
  3. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

True. Ideally, I'd *like* to get some breaking news notifications from sources I like without it being mostly spam, but... alas.

Jason Tate likes this.
  4. rxbandit89

probably over-caffeinated. Supporter

So I just realized the screen on my 2015 MacBook Pro is beginning to lose its anti-reflective coating, which is resulting in some discoloration. Looks like it should be serviced for free, and I've already booked an appointment at the nearest Apple store. Has this happened to anyone else? Just curious to see what the service process was like.

5. Literal

TUESDAY! TUESDAY!

It'll most likely be sent out for repair. Expect 4-6 business days for turnaround time.

6. rxbandit89

probably over-caffeinated. Supporter

That’s not bad. Thank you!

7. I recently turned off notifications for Twitter and IG and I’ve used ***considerably*** less data this month. It’s surprising how little I think about either of those apps when they’re not constantly buzzing in my pocket.

justin., Jason Tate and sean_rugy like this.
  8. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I’ve never had notifications for Twitter and have went weeks without using it just because I didn’t think of using it. It used to be the same with Instagram but a lot of my friends who I kept up with on Facebook have started using Instagram so I check it once or twice a day.

10. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

My phone has come down with the Loop Disease

11. Google Data Collection research - Digital Content Next
    In “Google Data Collection,” Professor Douglas C. Schmidt, Professor of Computer Science at Vanderbilt University, catalogs how much data Google is collecting about consumers and their most personal habits across all of its products and how that data is being tied together.

The key findings include:

* A dormant, stationary Android phone (with the Chrome browser active in the background) communicated location information to Google 340 times during a 24-hour period, or at an average of 14 data communications per hour. In fact, location information constituted 35 percent of all the data samples sent to Google.
    * For comparison’s sake, a similar experiment found that on an iOS device with Safari but not Chrome, Google could not collect any appreciable data unless a user was interacting with the device. Moreover, an idle Android phone running the Chrome browser sends back to Google nearly fifty times as many data requests per hour as an idle iOS phone running Safari.

Christian Romero likes this.
  12. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Anyone know if there's a way to clear all notifications on Mac OS with a single click? It's so freaking annoying every time I open my laptop and have to close a million notifications obstructing the right side of my screen. Been bothering me for years but I've just kinda dealt with it without really looking into it. If my phone can do it, why not my computer?

13. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

I just don’t have many active notifications

14. jorbjorb

7 rings

grouped notification in ios12 is sweet.

David Parke and sean_rugy like this.
  15. Dan CiTi

♎️♈️♌️ Prestigious

[​IMG]
    Thought I had unlocked the hidden dark mode in iOS12 earlier today.

pauljgreco likes this.
  16. Dog with a Blog

Ever since the latest update my AirPods drop connection fairly frequently. Anyone else experience this/know a fix?

sean_rugy likes this.
  17. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

My brother is trying to purchase stuff from a gaming app but he forgot the password to his phone (and can’t make purchases from it). I have logged into his iTunes account on my phone and have checked his iTunes balance (which is enough for the purchase) but every time I try to purchase the item and enter the password for his iTunes account I receive a notification that says the payment can’t go through.

Does anyone know what the issue could be?

18. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I have experienced this before, usually most when I am out for walks/runs through the main street area of the neighborhood where there are a lot of businesses and residences causing interference with the connection. it can be pretty annoying, i've read that if you un-pair them and re-pair them it should work out the kink but, i've actually yet to try it.

19. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

My iPhone has been broken and I have an appointment with the Apple Store today. I hate the idea, but I may end up getting an X just weeks before the new model drops. Idk what else to do because I can’t really go another two weeks without a working phone.

20. Don’t have a friend or family member with an old iPhone in a drawer? I can’t stomach the thought of you doing that. Won’t someone think of the kids?

21. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

What’s wrong with it?

22. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

The “iPhone Loop Disease.” Can’t make or receive audio calls, resetting phone takes close to ten minutes, etc. The fix is to have the audio chip re-soldered, but I’m part of Apple’s upgrade program so I might as well just replace it with a newer model.

23. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

Got an X, a charging pad, and AirPods. Go big or go home, I guess.

24. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

Love my new X (although I may upgrade again in twelve months if an X+ actually sees a release this year), but oh boy, these AirPods are a total game changer

pauljgreco likes this.
  25. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

Yeah Airpods are great. If all the recent leaks are true there is an X+ coming in a few weeks.