Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple Company • Page 357

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

beachdude42 likes this.
  2. Jason Tate Aug 2, 2018
    (Last edited: Aug 2, 2018)
  3. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

I was just coming in here to come ask about the AirPods. I have considered getting them for about three months now, and each time the price is JUST high enough for me not to get them. Is the sound quality really that good? How is the functionality of using them with the phone/etc?

4. sean_rugy

I don't deny that. I thinks its just a big middle finger to people that did curating and editorial for the App Store before they did the whole relaunch of it. TouchArcade and AppShopper were and still are great resources for navigating through some of the clutter. This getting pulled the same time that they hit $1 trillion just leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

Apple Kills the App Store Affiliate Program, and I Have No Idea What We Are Going to Do.

h8bit and Jason Tate like this.
  5. I mean, yeah, it's definitely a middle finger to those kinda sites. But, I've also never heard of either of them. My point is that building a business around one company's affiliate revenue is never a good idea, and this has been rumored about happening for a few years now. Affiliate revenue is a bad, primary, business model. It can be nice for supplementation, but i think any website that's relying on it is in big trouble in the short to medium term.

pauljgreco and sean_rugy like this.
  6. sean_rugy

Totally agree, it still sucks they're doing it and it seems like TouchArcade hasn't been in the best position for some time now. I guess have an affinity to them because at college when I couldn't afford a new console they helped find some gems that I wouldn't have found otherwise and helped me escape the real world for a bit.

Jason Tate likes this.
  7. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

The sound quality isn't anything super special but they sound fine for just general use. In my opinion that's not the reason to buy them. It's 100% about the convenience/ease of use factor. Open the case, put your headphones in, push play on your phone and you're done.

8. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

Pretty stoked, my local Target had an official Apple USB-C to lightning cable in a crushed, ripped box on clearance for $7.99. Had to scoop that up.

David Parke likes this.
  9. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

Some are seeing a new “Friends Mix” in the For You section of Apple Music.

10. sean_rugy Aug 8, 2018
    (Last edited: Aug 8, 2018)
    sean_rugy

And it still has a "chin". That looks horrible.

Anthony Brooks likes this.
  11. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Apple could make a phone with a giant dick on the back and Google would have a replica out in 3 months

h8bit, Max_123 and David Parke like this.
  12. Christian Romero likes this.
  13. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

My iPhone 8 is only a few months old but as of today when I plug in my charger, the charging symbol pops up but the battery percentage stays the same. Any idea how to fix that?

14. what percentage is it at?

15. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

16. reset all settings? maybe you need to erase the phone and just set it up as new

David Parke likes this.
  17. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

If your phone has a chin and a notch, you've missed the point. That's the one thing that annoys me about the notches - the iPhone X gets roped in with these other phones who have used it pretty much as a gimmick to look like Apple.

Apple didn't add a notch for the sake of adding a notch - if the technology allowed for it, the iPhone X would be all screen. And yes, I know the Vivo Next accomplished this with the pop-up camera, but Apple is trying to remove moving parts from their devices.

David Parke and Jason Tate like this.
  18. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

That Pixel 3 is easily the ugliest designed smartphone I've ever seen. It's not like Apple was the first to implement a notch (Essential was, who actually did it quite well), but it was done in a tasteful way based on the hardware behind the panel. These other manufacturers are obviously doing a copy/paste job in a world where Apple made the notch safe. Samsung is the only manufacturer who hasn't given in.

sean_rugy likes this.
  19. sean_rugy

Accidentally just noticed that you can search lyrics in Apple Music now. Not sure if this was always here.

David Parke likes this.
  20. jorbjorb

7 rings

[​IMG]

Apparently the LCD version will be the cheapest option. Does it make sense to spend more money for the OLED version?

21. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

Ehhh that's a tough call and probably depends on your specific use case and what the other specs are. The 5.8 OLED might also have other features/better components/higher resolution screen. But if its a straight match for match and the only difference is OLED vs LCD it may not be worth it, depending on how much extra it is. I have an OLED TV that I love but when you're talking about a 6 inch screen I'm not sure the advantages are as clear.

jorbjorb likes this.
  22. there is a monumental difference of resolution between the LCD and OLED iPhone screens - LCD is garbage

23. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah that's not accurate at all. Previous iPhones used LCD and everyone thought they were great lol. Also some phones have QHD LCD screen so