Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple Company • Page 351

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. I see what you mean but no that’s only the FB app preferences.

2. iOS 12 Will Add New Emergency Calling Feature – MacStories
    Approximately 80 percent of 911 calls today come from mobile devices, but outdated, landline-era infrastructure often makes it difficult for 911 centers to quickly and accurately obtain a mobile caller’s location. To address this challenge, Apple launched HELO (Hybridized Emergency Location) in 2015, which estimates a mobile 911 caller’s location using cell towers and on-device data sources like GPS and WiFi Access Points.

Apple today announced it will also use emergency technology company RapidSOS’s Internet Protocol-based data pipeline to quickly and securely share HELO location data with 911 centers, improving response time when lives and property are at risk. RapidSOS’s system will deliver the emergency location data of iOS users by integrating with many 911 centers’ existing software, which rely on industry-standard protocols.

3. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

So....Airpods....has there been an announcement on upgrades? I'm still debating on getting some, but I really want a black or space gray colorway and see what upgrades there are first.

4. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

It's all just rumors at this point. There's rumors circulating that we'll get a slight upgrade in 2018 with a new chip, with 2019 possibly seeing the addition of noise cancelling. But again, these are all just rumors. I wouldn't think we're likely to hear anything official until the fall if there even is a 2018 upgrade.

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  5. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Did you order these from the Spigen site (and if so, how long did it take to get your order?), or did you back the original indiegogo campaign?

6. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

I backed the original campaign literally within the last few days of it. Got them pretty quickly though.

Chris Yates likes this.
  7. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Nice. I missed the campaign. Do you like the G3 style one? I really really want that one (but can’t decide what color)

8. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

I do! Its the one I'm using right now. Its very heavy though. I was using the Apple leather case before hand and the weight change caught me off guard lol.

9. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

I'm currently using the apple leather case as well haha. I ordered the Bondi Blue version from the Spigen site earlier. I was between that and the Graphite color.

LuigiPeppercorn likes this.
  10. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Has anyone here sold an iPhone? Could use some help on where to sell and how to price it.

It's a 128 GB Space Gray 6S Plus. The battery behaves a little weird (goes down quickly but then stays at a low % forever) but a store test by Apple said it was in good health. The camera has this issue, which I think is around $75~ to fix. Outside phone is in pristine condition. No cracks or anything.

What should I price it at, and where's the best place to sell it?

11. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

Is it carrier unlocked? If not, what carrier is it?

12. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Verizon. Not sure if it can do carrier unlocked..?

13. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

I believe if you go to Verizon or Apple they can unlock it for you. You'll get more if its unlocked.

That said, if you're looking for the most amount of $ from it, you could list it between $240 and $300 and I think it would sell. Probably on the lower side with the issues you mentioned. It would take a bit longer to sell though because its eBay, and if you haven't sold anything on there before, it could take about a month for the $ to reach your account. Also, when listing, make sure you list the issues with the phone, unless you plan on getting them fixed yourself.

If you're looking for $ ASAP, gazelle.com is a good way to go. You just give the details about the phone, and they'll give you a price. You send, and the money moves to your account. You'd get $175 right now. They'll end up refurbishing the phone and selling it on their own.

Quick background on me: I've been an Amazon and eBay marketplace seller for the past 4 years. I don't specialize in phones, but whenever I get a new phone, or my family gets new phones I'm always the one who does this haha

David Parke and Drewski like this.
  14. Literal

#1 Dawg

Carrier has to unlock it. Apple store won't be able to do anything for that, sadly.

15. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

Have sold quite a few on Swappa. Might want to look into getting the camera issue fixed prior to selling. You can list it in the Verizon section for 6S Plus:

Swappa

Drewski likes this.
  16. chris

Trusted Supporter

anyone with an iPhone X experience charging issues? Got mine 2 weeks ago and this is the 2nd time since then that I can't get it to charge. Fixed it the first time after a couple hard resets, but that's not working now. Tried a couple different chargers in different outlets and I can only get it to hold the current charge. Maybe I just got a lemon

17. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I have an issue with the mophie charging pad. Sometimes when i place it down it doesnt start charging and i have to move it around a little until it reads that its there. Idk if thats a phone or pad problem. Other than that ive had no problems actually plugging it in.

18. rxbandit89

probably over-caffeinated. Supporter

Downloaded the iOS 12 beta last night. I'm really digging the screen time stuff. Anyone else take the plunge?

Christian Romero likes this.
  19. I am also on the beta. Other than GPS being pretty much broken I am digging it. I really love the new photos features and stacked notifications.

As an aside, maybe it doesn't belong here, I updated to Tweetbot 3 today on my Mac because IDGAF. So far so good. I love that lists are now very front and center. I made lists YEARS ago on twitter but never used them because they were too hidden. Now if TB3 just could add a drag and drop for adding accounts to lists, that'd be dope.

Michael Schmidt likes this.
  20. I’m a video editor and met Randy Ubillos tonight. Super big hero of mine in that he wrote the software that became adobe premiere in 1991 and then in a roundabout turn of events was hired by Apple when they bought what was rebranded as Final Cut.

21. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I've had a Macbook Pro for the past four years and for the past 6-7 months, the charger has been super weird. It'll be plugged in and the mac will say it's charging (with the lighting bolt and everything), charger will have orange light, but it won't actually charge. I have to play with the charger for sometimes 5-10 minutes to get it to 'stick right' so it will actually start to increase the charge. After six to 7 months of this, it finally died and I can't get it to turn back on (even though charger will still light up as orange/green when I plug it in...I was able to get it back on once or twice where it'll turn off after a minute or two.

Question: Is this as simple as buying a new charger or could something be wrong internally? Chargers are like $80 so I didn't want to buy a new one if that won't fix the problem.

22. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

I would def 100% first bring it to the geniuses first if possible. During my time at an Apple Store we swapped out chargers like it was nothing.

23. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I talked to Apple reps over the phone and via a chat not too long ago. She had me do some tests and the woman over chat thought it was the charger, but without seeing it wasn't 100% sure, but I remember the tests she had me do led to her believing that it was the charger. The nearest apple store for me is about 40 minutes away and I really don't want to go there, haha. It is 4 years old, so I'm not sure the typical charger life on those.

24. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

It def sounds like the charger. The charger breaks way more frequently than the actual laptop. Those things are always kinda finicky. First thing I would do if you brought it to me is just try a different charger on it and see if it works. Got any friends with a macbook? Just make sure it's the same power level or a lower one. I.e. don't use a 17 inch macbook pro's charger on a macbook air.

David Parke likes this.
  25. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

It also probably didn't help that both my 3-year-old used to suck on the charger when he was a baby...

You'd think it'd be easy to find others with a charger, but I haven't had any luck of friends who live nearby who have a macbook. I do have one who lives about 15 minutes away, so maybe I'll try him before I purchase one.