Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple Company • Page 349

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

finally bought me some air pods.

can't wait to work out with these.

2. Apple's Memoji Are Gender Neutral — Here's Why That's Huge
    In February, Samsung revealed AR Emoji, a clever (and slightly creepy-looking) way to create interactive avatars that speak onscreen as you speak IRL. Yesterday, Apple revealed their version of the interactive emoji, called Memoji (i.e. Animoji, but make it human).

Besides looking cute, rather than creepy, Memoji have another major plus over their direct competitor: They don’t require users to pick a gender. In fact, the entire creation process is gender neutral — there is no mention of male or female anywhere onscreen. This is an emoji set anyone can relate to, no matter how they identify, what their hair looks like, or even how many piercings they have.

3. St. Nate

To think I was excited about workout out.

What’s better is using the office bathroom with these bad boys on.

Connor, David Parke, Robk and 2 others like this.
  4. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

They are an absolute game changer at the gym and on runs. Can't imagine going back to life without them.

sean_rugy and Jason Tate like this.
  5. St. Nate

what.... what is a run?

sean_rugy, pauljgreco and Drewski like this.
  6. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

On Apple Music I have a new "Favorites Mix" in the "For You" section, alongside the normal "Chill Mix" and "New Music Mix"...seems like a pretty good representation of the stuff I've been rocking lately, although there's a few songs in there I'm pretty sure I've only listened to like one time.

David Parke likes this.
  7. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Something you do out of necessity on the days your body won't let you do strength training.

8. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

Favorites Mix has always been there for me. In fact it's the Chill Mix that is fairly recent.

9. The_Effort

Regular Supporter

Want AirPods so bad but I have to find a way to buy the full version of Finale software and get my teaching website up and running first... so I guess it’ll probably be a year or so before I can think about getting any.

Living vicariously through all you AirPod owners in the meantime. Glad to hear how much everyone likes them.

Jason Tate likes this.
  10. Dave Diddy

Interesting, because I've had the Chill Mix since I switched over to AM 3 or 4 months ago.

11. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah the Chill Mix has been there for some months, but the Favorites Mix and New Music Mix have been there for at least 2 years.

12. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

I can't wait to use iOS 12 on my iPad when the public beta drops.

13. Dave Diddy

That’s so strange cause I swear it has never been there on mine. After doing some googling it looks like sometimes those playlists disappear so maybe it was just buggy.

14. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

Weird, it never happened to me. Well maybe it happened, but I rarely look at them.

15. atlas

Trusted

Did anyone else's battery get crushed by the 11.4 update? I usually wake up at some point before I get up so I take my phone out of the charger and move it closer to me so I can hear the alarm better and I looked at it like 2 hours later and the battery went from 100 to 70 which I'm.... pretty sure is not supposed to happen

16. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Is there a way to reset (as in fully wipe) my iMac without also deleting the current version of macOS?

17. rxbandit89

probably over-caffeinated. Supporter

Yup. Hold Command + R when starting up. Wipe the drive using disk utility, and then choose the option to reinstall Mac OS. It will download and install whatever version you had.

Jason Tate and The Lucky Moose like this.
  18. Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

Just purchased a Nike edition series 3 today. It’s my first Apple Watch so I’m pretty stoked!

19. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

i'm the biggest fuckin nerd

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Chris Yates and Jason Tate like this.
  20. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

i wonder how far we are from an iPad that, like the iPhone X, is all screen and face ID. i think thats when i'd upgrade.

pauljgreco likes this.
  21. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Probably only a few months tbh

pauljgreco likes this.
  22. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

Yeah I think this is happening in the fall. iOS 12 has the iPad swiping up from the bottom to go home now. Can't wait to see if it happens!

Sean Murphy likes this.
  23. I just want force touch on iPad but it sounds like it’s possibly going away all together. I really enjoy force touch.

oneeightytwo and Jason Tate like this.
  24. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

I’d be bummed to lose force touch. There are rumors it is going away?

25. AirPods tip: I love the tap to pause on one ear, Siri on the other. It took like a day or two to remember what was where but now that I have it’s great.

Connor, troyplaysbass and pauljgreco like this.