Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple Company • Page 339

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

Getting one of the new 2018 iPads tomorrow and I'm still torn between the space gray or silver

2. Space gray always

3. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

That's what I'm thinking. I had a couple white iPhones in a row and went space gray for the X last year, so I think I'm going to get space gray for this too

4. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Kinda feel like an idiot for upgrading to the X. I had a 6S Plus in perfect condition but the battery was failing and it once again had the autofocus, vibrating camera glitch (camera needed to be replaced and was not covered). All of that repair was like $170 or so through Apple and I was told the phone was worth $200+ in current condition, so I just upgraded instead. My brain understands that the screen is the same size as the 6S Plus, but for some reason, the X feels sooooo much smaller in my hands. Going to take me a while to get used to.

Anyway—anyone have an article handy on best new features and such for the X? Pretty much everything I've found is stuff I've been able to figure out by just messing around on my own.

pauljgreco likes this.
  5. Apple Music had a better Weeknd than Spotify
    The Weeknd’s latest project, My Dear Melancholy, pulled in over 26 million streams in its first 24 hours on Apple Music, with the lead song “Call Out My Name” pulling in 6 million of those streams, the company tells The Verge. That in itself isn’t a record, but Apple Music’s numbers did beat out the single’s performance on Spotify, which pulled in nearly 3.5 million streams in the same period — the largest debut of 2018 on the service — according to Republic Records. [...] Spotify has over 120 million more users, had two exclusive music videos from the EP, and it was where The Weeknd pointed his fans to stream the album on social media.

This is ... not what I expected.

pauljgreco likes this.
  6. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

My favorite one is the easy way to open up the app switcher
    14 essential tips and tricks to master the iPhone X

7. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I went from 7+ to X and it only took me about a week to get used to the feel of a smaller phone. I held my friends 8+ last weekend and actually thought "holy god this is monstrous" and I have had 6+ and 7+ for the last 3 years lol

Drewski and David Parke like this.
  8. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

My MacBook just shit the bed. Pretty sure the hard drive is corrupted but I’m hoping it’s just the SATA cable since that’s a cheaper fix. I have a few important folders I need to backup that I’m p sure should be fine just need to go buy a lightning cable or whatever it’s called, as long as those are good I’ll be relieved. Anyone else ever have issues with a late 2012 MacBook Pro (13” retina)?

9. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I got a MBP in 2009 and replaced in 2015 due to what sounds like the same thing youre experiencing, i chalked it up to 6 years of me using the heck out of it and just upgraded. I was able to go to the apple store and get everything on it salvaged even when it wouldnt even turn on any more.

Jacob likes this.
  10. Apple’s 2019 Mac Pro will be shaped by workflows
    The big news of the day is that Apple told Panzarino that the new Mac Pro will not appear until 2019 — disappointing to many, but not surprising to me. I know that many pros want Apple to simply put Intel’s most powerful Xeon processors in a tower enclosure and call it a day. Apple clearly has something more than that in mind, and they’re not going to tell us what that is until it’s ready.

But this Pro Workflows Group idea is fascinating — and I’m surprised its existence never leaked. They’ve got real film editors, visual effects artists, and music producers working in house, right across the hall from the engineers working on their tools. And these groups are informing the design of the new Mac Pro (and other future pro hardware).

Sure, I wish the new Mac Pro were coming sooner. But overall this story is fantastic news for pro users — it shows Apple not only cares about the pro market, but that they’ve changed course and decided that the best way to serve pros is to work with them hand in hand.

Christian Romero likes this.
  11. Who'd'a thunk it?! I am STOKED for what this could be but also prepared for all the things it likely won't be. Prepared to eat my words, though.

12. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

I’m very interested to see where ARM on Mac goes in 2020 - my ideal device is something like the 12 inch MacBook with Apples own processor in it, that can also run iOS apps. Something like that would definitely have me switch back to a MacBook from an iPad Pro.

13. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

Having an issue with Apple Music on my phone (an android, if it matters). Nothing will play. I tap on any song, and it does the highlight thing like it usually does but just nothing happens. Happens with all songs and albums, just can't get anything to play.

Is this a known issue? Anyone know any way of getting it to work? I've tried restarting my phone, closing the app, everything I can think of really. Really annoying, i just want to listen to Hop Along.

14. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

15. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

New red iPhone 8 is the most beautiful phone I have seen. Was contemplating another SE but my goodness I want it.

16. I really like it. I wish they would make more colors like this for their phones. Maybe a deep blue or something? Then again, I can't use a phone without a case anyways haha

JamesMichael and disambigujason like this.
  17. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

I have been a black/space grey person since I got the Apple Touch back in 2007/2008.

dylan and Christian Romero like this.
  18. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

Got my first space grey Apple products in years (iPhone X/iPad) both within the last 4 months and I don't think I'm ever going back. 3 white iPhones and a white iPad Mini, and I now regret every one of them haha. Space grey forever

sean_rugy and Michael Schmidt like this.
  19. Michael Schmidt

Welcome! The space grey water is great.

pauljgreco likes this.
  20. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

definitely going space gray when i upgrade the ipad

Michael Schmidt and pauljgreco like this.
  21. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Yea my main hesitations are the screen size and the fact a case would cover the beauty anyway. I’m considering going case-less since I generally take excellent care of my phones anyway and it’ll keep it thin but idk, all it takes is one drop...

Also I can’t fathom not getting a black-fronted Apple product. Can’t stand the white lol

22. Michael Schmidt

I went 4 months caseless with my x and the protruding camera really makes it annoying as it would leave the phone uneven on most tables without something else under it. I was constantly looking for napkins and soft surfaces to set the phone on to either eliminate or reduce the wobble effect. Plus the little scratches the back glass would get wasn’t worth it.

23. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Wtf, my Macbook Pro's screen just went black twice in a row, within 10-20 seconds of each other, taking me to the lock screen. That's.. never happened before.. It didn't time out, I've been actively scrolling and reading things. My battery is at 57%. Anyone ever have that shit happen?

I hope it's not the beginning signs of it dying, it is 4 years old at this point but I know people who've had Macs for much longer than that...

24. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

Found a cool little app called CheatSheet that displays keyboard shortcuts for most apps by holding the command key for a few seconds. I've been trying to give my mouse hand a break lately and it's pretty helpful in that regard:

CheatSheet - Know your short cuts

25. Thanks for this! I don't know all of the shortcuts so this is nice. I like this feature a lot on the iPad.
    Edit: I just started using this and it's great.