Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple Company • Page 338

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

Apple Carplay is now available in a ton of Hyundai models, pretty pumped I can install it now.

Brent likes this.
  2. RJ Knorr

Trusted Supporter

I just leased a new GMC Terrain and I’m in love with the CarPlay

3. sammyboy516

Trusted Prestigious

Why is an album that I downloaded on my computer not showing up on my phone? I have Apple Music and I've never had this issue before. It takes a while sometimes but it's been in iTunes on my computer for like 12 hours now.

beachdude42 likes this.
  4. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Apple Music’s iCloud Music Library feature flat-out does not work for me anymore, ever. Songs I add or upload to my library on my MacBook never appear on my iPhone, and the only way to force it to sync is to turn iCloud Music Library off and then back on, going through the tedious process of having it add back my entire library each time. It’s unacceptable that basic functionality like this doesn’t work on a service I’m paying for monthly.

I actually switched to Google Play Music earlier this month out of frustration, and some aspects did work better... however, their iOS app is so garbage and buggy that I had to switch back. I’m honestly so mad that no one streaming service I’ve tried just has all the core functionality JUST WORK.

AFoolsGlory likes this.
  5. beachdude

Haha wow this is a funny coincidence... seems to be a widespread issue.

6. sammyboy516 Mar 31, 2018
    (Last edited: Mar 31, 2018)
    sammyboy516

Trusted Prestigious

It used to be that when you turned off iCloud Music Library and then turned it back on again it would give you the option of combining the libraries on the phone and your iCloud library, and then everything would go back to normal. Is that not the case anymore? Did I just lose my entire Apple Music library by turning Apple Music on and off again?

Edit: That did work. If you turn off iCloud Music Library and then turn it back on, your library will be really jacked up for a little bit but then it will sync back with what's on your computer. And the album in question did show up. In between turning off iCloud Music Library and then turning it back on again I went to iTunes on my MacBook and clicked File < Library < Update iCloud Music Library. Not sure if that made a difference.

beachdude42 likes this.
  7. beachdude

That DOES work in fixing the issue temporarily, but for me it comes back the next time I try to upload something, which then doesn't sync to my iPhone once again. It used to be that after i turned iCloud Music Library off and back on, it would fix the syncing issue for a while before it came back again (I've been affected by this issue for a long time)... but now it happens for me EVERY time. I'm hoping that Apple has finally become aware of this bug since it's now so widespread, and is working on a fix.

8. Also having iCloud Music Library issues.

beachdude42 likes this.
  9. beachdude

I started a support thread, and I recommend other people join in or start their own threads. This is ridiculous, and Apple needs to get on it.

iCloud Music Library not syncing - Apple Community

10. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

For some reason, every single time I play The Weeknd’s new EP- the song “Hurt You” pauses by itself at the 4 second mark. I don’t get it

11. beachdude

Usually issues like that are fixed for me by a restart of your device, or by signing out of and back into Apple Music.

13. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

CarPlay is one of those things you feel like you don't need - and then you get it in a rental and never want to live without it again.

RJ Knorr likes this.
  14. RJ Knorr

Trusted Supporter

The first time I used CarPlay I was driving one of our vehicles at work. Ever since then, while I was searching for a new car to lease, my first question was “Does this have CarPlay?”

15. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

So running into a frustrating one with Apple News - I subscribed to the Washington Post through Apple News for $9.99 a month. I then realized I could get the Amazon Prim $3.99 rate. So I canceled the Apple subscription and signed up through Amazon.

Now whenever I open up Apple News I get a “your subscription to the Washington Post has expired, would you like to renew?” message. When I open an article it asks me to resubscribe for $5.99 or if I’m already a subscriber, login now. I login via my Amazon credentials and get a “your subscription has been successfully added” message. Awesome.

But as soon as I switch out of Apple News (not close, literally just switch to a new app) the whole process begins again.

16. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Still haven't updated my 6S. I think I'm ready, unless you guys have had experiences with iOS11 on a 6s?

17. jorbjorb

7 rings

I'm running the latest update on my 6 and I'm experiencing improved battery life and performance.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  18. My 6S has been running iOS 11 perfectly fine. And battery life is great. I think you’re good :thumbup:

19. My mother in law is on a 6 and it runs great. Just did the battery replacement.

20. DisloyalOrder

Trusted Prestigious

Also running a 6S on iOS11 with no problems.

21. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Nice. Thanks.

22. beachdude

I found a workaround for the Apple Music bug until Apple finally fixes it. If your iOS device isn't updating changes made to your library on your computer, just create a new blank playlist on the iOS device... this somehow forces your library to re-sync with the iCloud Music Library and populates all changes to your device. You can immediately delete the playlist after and all the changes stay put.

pauljgreco and disambigujason like this.
  23. shea

RIP Supporter

Thanks for this. Haven't been having this problem until today and I couldn't get Hop Along to transfer to my phone for the life of me. Worked immediately with this, tho.

beachdude42 likes this.
  24. beachdude

No worries!! I've had this bug for a while and it's been a pain in the ass, so glad I found a workaround.

25. Christian Romero likes this.