Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple Company • Page 332

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Tweetbot the goat

2. Thanks, all! Tweetbot is exactly what I wanted!

pauljgreco likes this.
  3. so I wasn't able to replicate your issue EXACTLY but I did have an issue today (on the latest beta so take this with a huge bag of salt) where my AirPods wouldn't play any sound even though the phone said it was synced. I put them both back into the case, hit play and I DID hear sound from them IN the case. So I then put the right side in but it STILL wouldn't play even though the phone "saw" it. Put the left side in, then it ONLY played out the left ear and the phone only displayed the left ear. Then I put the right ear back in the case and pulled it out again (all while the left ear was playing) and had it seamlessly pick up where it left off. Then I pulled out the left ear, it paused playback (like it's supposed to) and holstered it. Playback resumed in the right ear in mono mode and I listened for sound coming from the left ear in the closed case and there was nothing. Try wiping the sensors off? I did a quick wipe to the right ear before putting it back in the case so it's possible that was it?

So -- beta fun!

4. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Is Tweetbot for Mac a separate price than the iOS app? Already paid for the version on my iPhone, would rather not have to pay again.

Drewski likes this.
  5. Yes but they do sync up together to keep your place in your timeline.

6. Paddy

// _ _ _ _ _ _ _ //

I dunno, sensors should be fine as they’re brand new. I was just trying to work out if I’m misunderstanding how they work but I suppose I’ll just have to put the spare one back in the case when it’s not in use - or just deal with it using battery when it’s not in my ear.
    All the auto-pause stuff is working as intended.

7. Worth a trip to the Apple store. Sounds like it’s not functioning correctly for some reason.

8. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

Got a 4th gen refurbished Apple TV after dealing with a "smart" tv + laptop to watch all the streaming content my wife and I have. What a difference! The interface is beautiful and, more importantly, rarely locks up like the apps on the tv did. Ended up switching to Apple Music to take advantage of easily playing music through my tv sound system. Highly recommend it if anyone is on the fence.

David Parke and Jason Tate like this.
  9. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Being that my boss has been shopping at the same trade shows for over a decade, they gift him some amazing things as a VIP retailer. This past fall he received an Apple Watch, and today he got in a new Timex piece. Since he doesn't use either or much, he asked me which one I wanted. Looks like i'm getting a free Apple Watch!

David Parke likes this.
  10. Kevin360

Someday I’ll find me Prestigious

Today I joined the Apple Watch fam 9CB93A38-591A-45CF-BAA7-A2105D413051.jpeg

dylan, David Parke, Daniel182 and 4 others like this.
  11. After switching to android last year, today I finally went back to apple.

Went with the 8 Plus and loving it

pauljgreco likes this.
  12. What device were you on running android? My sister and mom use whatever the latest Samsung there is and I can't believe the bloatware on it. They replaced the google assistant with something they developed in house. So weird. I feel like I would just get pixel if I switched.

13. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

Went with the Pixel last year for 5 months - switched back. Too many bluetooth issues. Wouldn't constantly disconnect in my car and drop calls. Wondered if they got it fixed with the Pixel 2, but a coworker just returned her's for an iPhone X after having constant bluetooth issues as well.

David Parke likes this.
  14. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Does anyone have a quick workaround for this? I'm trying to restore my iPhone from a backup I just made, but iTunes keeps giving me "not enough space on iPhone to restore from backup." iPhone has about 37 GB free, backup is around 54 GB.

15. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Yes, but if you use Twitter a lot it's worth the $20. As Jason mentioned, browsing on a laptop and then switching to your phone and your spot on the timeline syncing is awesome.

Jason Tate likes this.
  16. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

Got the HomePod today! Sound is AMAZING. Siri is Siri but if you are an Apple Music subscriber HomePod is a must have.

David Parke likes this.
  17. shea

RIP Supporter

Finally pulling the trigger on some AirPods today. Off work early and heading to pick them up now.

With my luck, AirPods 2 will be announced in the next week or so.

David Parke likes this.
  18. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

19. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

Is that legit it seems too good to be true lol

20. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Yeah it's real. They have a similar offer for Amazon Fire with Alexa if you pay for one month.

I think I'm about to do it and trade in my fourth gen Apple TV lol.

21. The rumors for the updated AirPods were weak enough for me to be fine getting the first gen last week. I love them. Not the best fit like I heard they would be but it took me a LONG time to be cool with in-ears so I probably have wonky ear canals.

22. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

Hopefully software improves on the HomePod over the next few months. Biggest issue I’d run into is my other devices responding to Hey Siri instead of the HomePod. Using my iPad Pro at the kitchen table right next to the HomePod and its nearly impossible to get it to respond instead of the iPad.

23. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Interesting - i wonder if it would be possible to personalize siri greetings for each device, so it can recognize different calls. I wouldnt mind saying “yo siri” get some tunes jammin

David Parke and pauljgreco like this.
  24. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

Weird part was when it wouldn’t respond on either device. As soon as I closed my iPad and put it away HomePod was back to working perfectly.

Also Julien Baker on this thing is a next level of amazing. Followed that with some Weakerthans because it’s just been that kind of day.

25. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

what would an acceptable monthly price point be for apple to create its own version of netflix? essentially you can stream all movies/shows that are available to purchase in the itunes store. i would imagine well more than $9 or $10 but who knows?

do you think that would ever be a thing?